Has the Food Selections & Quality Improved Any

mcrcruiser

when we cruises on Konojngsdam December 2022 for 12 days ,that was the worse food we ever had at dinner plus extremely slow service .We just disembarked Celebrity Soltice both food &service was excellent .😄

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Haha 2

On the Konigsdam Christmas/ NY 2020/23 cruise, late fixed MDR dining we had the opposite experience. Food was very good and dinner service was super speedy.  Subjective, isn't it?  

In fact on the second leg, we canceled our Pinnacle and Sel de Mer reservations because we enjoyed the MDR more. Canaletto ($) was superb and the Gelato Cafe($) got many return visits.

Glad you found a cruise line that better serves your own tastes and needs. We will stick with HAL ourselves.

• Like 10

Like almost anywhere, I try to play to the chef’s strengths. I enjoy an incredibly broad set of flavors, and we eat a very, very diverse set of foods at home. In all likelihood, it you stayed with us for a month, you’d likely see y, Japanese, Thai, Indian, middle-eastern, South African, European, and both North and South America. I do a much, much better job preparing some than others.

Aboard HAL, we always try to select items the kitchen staff are familiar with- if often results in a better-tasting, better-prepared product. Don’t order steak at a chip burger joint. Be cautious about ordering a vegan dish in a 5star stake restaurant.

3 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2926373-b2b-on-soltice/

Your own comments about the food quality on your Celebrity cruise that you posted on the Celebrity board on Saturday is at odds with your description here on the HAL board four days later. Just saying...

As I love to tell people that are much younger than me and don’t realize the obvious, the internet is forever :).

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Gunther1 said:

As I love to tell people that are much younger than me and don’t realize the obvious, the internet is forever :).

Well we all have are moments that we wish we could take back, including me. But because all boards and posts are open for all to see and many cruise with different cruise lines or are interested in different cruises you have to remember that. The OP described the food on Celebrity in their board from his recent cruise as, "In general the food imo was decent & and in some cases better depending on what one ordered". In this post here in the HAL board it morphed into the term excellent and in another post made on this board about it described as superb. It is fair to say that all four terms may be a correct description of how the food was for different people who were on that cruise, but unlikely for it to go from decent to superb in one persons experience. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

The OP described the food on Celebrity in their board from his recent cruise as, "In general the food imo was decent & and in some cases better depending on what one ordered". In this post here in the HAL board it morphed into the term excellent and in another post made on this board about it described as superb.

Opinions can change drastically in just a couple days.

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2023 at 9:26 AM, mcrcruiser said:

when we cruises on Konojngsdam December 2022 for 12 days ,that was the worse food we ever had at dinner plus extremely slow service .We just disembarked Celebrity Soltice both food &service was excellent .😄

We were on the Zandamm last July and August for 35 days and found the good not so good, either. MDR service was slow and most meals were subpar in quality of ingredients, often overcooked or dried out, I had a steak from the available every night option and it was not at all edible. One night I ordered the extra cost steak and lobster, it was very good, but I believe I paid $30 for it.  Lido was ok, but the selection was repetitive, dive in was ok, Caneletto and Pinnacle Grill were good.  I, for one, agree with you.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:26 AM, mcrcruiser said:

I was only on for the 5 days that coincided with yours (stayed on for other segments) and fortunately dined in Club Orange.

I found the food quite good - some even excellent.  I tried MDR after you got off one night with friends - food was ok ONCE I got what I had ordered done as I had ordered.  Service was wanting badly IMO.

I stuck to Club Orange after that and really enjoyed the good service and food there.

I felt that the K was understaffed.  I listened every time at sail a ways at the numbers.  We had nearly 3,000 people on one sailing and only around 800 crew.  I think that told the whole story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are recently off the Volendam after 81 days aboard.   I would call the food we had across the board better than any other HA ship we have been on (100 days on HA prior to this cruise).   We were worried about variety on such a long cruise but I didn't notice too much repetition..   Food quality in the MDR was beautifully presented and almost always hot, a couple of cold starters because of probably the first order out of the kitchen when we dined early.  It was promptly replaced.  Lido food was often tied to the ports we were in but the large primal cuts of meat at lunch were top notch, such as a whole roasted leg of pork.  Specialty restaurants were also well staffed and excellent quality.  Only fails were an hour wait for PG lunch entree and an hour wait in the Canaletto for our main course because they booked a large Seattle based tour group at 5:30 and couldn't prepare the food fast enough.  We got a refund.   We ate lunch in the Lido for breakfast and lunch because the service in the MDR for breakfast was so slow and the coffee cold we opted for a little clatter but excellent food. 

• Like 3

On 3/29/2023 at 2:37 PM, Destiny0315 said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2926373-b2b-on-soltice/

Your own comments about the food quality on your Celebrity cruise that you posted on the Celebrity board on Saturday is at odds with your description here on the HAL board four days later. Just saying...

Some people are never happy. You can't point that out because it makes them unhappy. 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 7