MSC Cruises´ buffet?

lucas34

Does anyone know how the buffet is open on MSC Cruises (24/7?)? What about water/coffee/tea in the buffet, are they available for free 24/7?

How is MSC Cruises' Gala menu today; is there any lobster, beef wellington (can you have a second lobster get without extra charge?)?

I can answer on Caribbean sailing.  On Gala night the lobster is a COLD water kind (very good and fresh) the menu also has surf (beef tenderloin) and turf and the portions were large enough for us.  I am also unsure regarding a second lobster.

On my October cruise on the Divina, two at my table had a total of 6 lobsters each.   Several at my table on my January Divina cruise had an extra lobster tail with no charge and one person had a total of three. 

On 3/30/2023 at 3:03 PM, lucas34 said:

Does anyone know how the buffet is open on MSC Cruises (24/7?)? What about water/coffee/tea in the buffet, are they available for free 24/7?

How is MSC Cruises' Gala menu today; is there any lobster, beef wellington (can you have a second lobster get without extra charge?)?

I had 2 lobster tails in January. They were delish! Quite big at around 7 or 8 ounces. I just told my waiter I wanted two lobster tails.

Keep in mind that food is very expensive in Japan just for ordinary stuff, and for more high end, such as steak and lobster, the Japanese might be excused for ordering more than one...

Many years ago I had a roommate whose parents used to host company employees from overseas.  They had one Japanese fellow arrive, and they took him to Shoney's  (a family restaurant, for those not familiar).  He ordered the largest steak on the menu and made multiple trips to the salad bar.  He just couldn't believe how inexpensive the food was (and for that meal, he wasn't paying).  EM

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2023 at 8:03 PM, lucas34 said:

The tea, coffee and water are all available 24/7. And I think a few snacks. As stated above there's just a few early morning hours without a full buffet selection available. 

Our biggest beef with the MSC buffet(Virtuosa) is it effectively closes after lunch till dinner.

Very limited late afternoon early evening options just the time you would often return to the ship and need something especially if on late dinner.

Ok if you like pizza and often veggie.

• 3 weeks later...

After 40 plus years on this earth i still stumble over folks who surprise me, in a same way as the nasty old oil smell while walking past a a take out place in Brooklyn in the middle of August does... meh. I sure wish you voice that opinion when you get the opportunity - see where it gets you 🙂

Edited by ZandZ
  • Like 1

Before the pandemic the MSC buffets used to open some 20 hours a day. Now it can be hit or miss depending on actual crew and food availability. I'd say: Breakfast from 6-10; lunch 12-15; dinner 18-21; late snacks 23-1. On other times they may have some little snacks. Pizzas is usually mid day to mid night, the dinner buffet is usually less impressive than say RCI ones.

There is hot or cold water, some tea packets, and some passable regular or decaffeinated coffee almost 24 hours a day on at least one side of the buffet, sometimes with some cookies available.