Question about cancelling excursions

Hammergirl

The way it worked for me was if the excursion was cancelled before embarkation day, it was refunded through the card in was purchased on. And if it was cancelled while on the ship then it was refund to your account as an OBC.

2 hours ago, floridacruiser14 said:

I have an excursion that was paid for with OBC, need to cancel so will it be refunded back to OBC? Don’t mind it going back to OBC just want to be sure that is how it will work.

Yes.

1 hour ago, trinitygirl said:

but the second team were much more helpful!  no issues at all; i sent them the email chain from Princess promising a refund, and the man I spoke to said that usually they are able to resolve these kinds of issues within a fortnight.  Fingers crossed - and thanks for the suggestion!

my pleasure! These companies need to learn they cannot hold our money for months and we will just sit back and accept it. They are likely earning interest on that money they are holding onto as well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Just wanted to come back and post an update. My Amex CC was refunded today for all the cancelled cruise excursions. Took about 2 weeks. 

Good to hear.  Was this done in response to a dispute you filed or did you end up letting the process work its way through?  I ask because Princess cancelled an excursion back on March 14th (as I posted earlier in this thread) and no refund yet even though we are now past their promised timing for a refund.  Am going to give it a couple more days because I call.

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Good to hear.  Was this done in response to a dispute you filed or did you end up letting the process work its way through?  I ask because Princess cancelled an excursion back on March 14th (as I posted earlier in this thread) and no refund yet even though we are now past their promised timing for a refund.  Am going to give it a couple more days because I call.

I let it play itself out. If they are past their promised timing for a refund I would not wait to call. They owe you your money back!

• Like 1

I cancelled an excursion and it took about a week to get the refunded amount to my credit card.

I did get an updated email showing me the excursion amounts still booked and paid.  It all looked to be in order. Unfortunately it was for a different booking number for a cruise I have a hold on.

That took a phone call and holds and escalating until finally I got someone who knew what they were doing. Sigh. 

I echo the Amex comment.  They refunded the entire amount immediately, but with the caveat that because the transaction was more than 90 days old, there is no obligation on Princess to follow through.  They said they were happy to do it to help me pressure Princess into honouring their obligation.  I won’t consider it refunded until its confirmed.  Mastercard said they will investigate and that they usually clear disputes within a fortnight; they will not refund until they have a resolution.  Anyway, it feels good to have taken action after months of being given the run around.  If MC and Amex can’t fix it, I will file a claim with the Small Claims Tribunal.

• Like 1