P&o shares

Vampiress88

Questions

which shares are they? Carnival plc or carnival corporation? 
I get I have to buy 100. 
how long do I have to hold them to get the credit? 
if I have already booked a cruise with £390 obc then can I have the obc from share holder in addition to or is it “can’t be used in conjunction with other offer” as most things state. 

8 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Questions

which shares are they? Carnival plc or carnival corporation? 
I get I have to buy 100. 
how long do I have to hold them to get the credit? 
if I have already booked a cruise with £390 obc then can I have the obc from share holder in addition to or is it “can’t be used in conjunction with other offer” as most things state. 

Carnival plc is the ones you want. 100 shares entitles you to shareholder benefits but only one per cabin so a couple only need 100 shares.

Once you have proof of ownership you can claim the OBC, currently £60 for a week and £150 for a fortnight. It is in addition to any other offers. If Carnival start making profits we may get our share dividends as well.

They are not P&O shares but Carnival PLC traded in pounds on the London stock exchanges. Carnival Corporation are American shares traded in dollars on the New York exchange. You want the Carnival PLC shares.

You can apply no earlier than three months before sail date and no later than 21 days before sailing.

This links gives all the information you need.

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Brian

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BrianI said:

They are not P&O shares but Carnival PLC traded in pounds on the London stock exchanges. Carnival Corporation are American shares traded in dollars on the New York exchange. You want the Carnival PLC shares.

You can apply no earlier than three months before sail date and no later than 21 days before sailing.

This links gives all the information you need.

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Brian

Just to clarify, you can get Shareholder OBC applied for any cruise up to the end of July 2024. It doesn’t need to be within 3 months any more. Just had it applied for May 2024.

Sorry, first I have heard of this.

Does this mean you can buy 100 shares and be eligible for extra OBC for EVERY cruise thereafter you take in future with P&O if you hold onto the shares?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, GSPG said:

Does this mean you can buy 100 shares and be eligible for extra OBC for EVERY cruise thereafter you take in future with P&O if you hold onto the shares?

Thanks

Certainly has been for me!

20 minutes ago, GSPG said:

Thanks

Yes, but not just on P&O but any Carnival Corp cruise line and not only cruises from the UK

5 minutes ago, GSPG said:

Thanks

So how are they aware you have them? Do you have phone them before/after you have booked a sailing?

Thanks

You need to prove ownership of the shares after you have booked a cruise.

See link in my post #5 above.

Come back if you need more information.

Share price was £7.132 at close today

Brian

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Brian

Thanks Brian.

We are hoping to do quite a number of P&O cruises in future, so it seems like a no brainer really to buy enough of these shares. Should pay for themself in time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GSPG said:

Thanks Brian.

We are hoping to do quite a number of P&O cruises in future, so it seems like a no brainer really to buy enough of these shares. Should pay for themself in time.

If you cruise a lot you will get your money back very quickly as  a lot of cruiselines come under Carnival group. 

We bought the shares in 2021 when the prices were still low due to Covid and a slow return to cruising .

It was a very wise move on our part as we are no longer doing long haul flights , we did 4 P&O cruises and 2 Princess in the last 2 years with more in the pipeline so have already got our  initial investment back in OBC. 😎 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GSPG said:

Thanks Brian.

Def a no brainer. Our shares are worth £200 more now than when we bought them and we have had $250 from a Princess cruise and £150 from P&O in OBC. We have 3 more P&O cruises booked so we will have recouped our initial investment. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BrianI said:

You may get lucky. Some people have been rejected and told to apply within the three month period. P&O are not consistent.

Brian

I was one of those although it was with Princess rather than P&O - applied 95 days before our cruise, told to re-apply within 90 days! But no problem after that.

6 hours ago, sandancer said:

Def a no brainer. Our shares are worth £200 more now than when we bought them and we have had $250 from a Princess cruise and £150 from P&O in OBC. We have 3 more P&O cruises booked so we will have recouped our initial investment. 

Happy days!

21 hours ago, BrianI said:

Brian

Sorry Brian, I bank with Barclays and have an online account. What’s the easiest way to purchase Carnival shares, call the Bank or can it be done online myself perhaps?

I’m living off my DC pension so have a number of different investments in it I ‘rely’ on to provide my income.

Can Carnival shares be included in this, or are the shares quite different to pension investments?

Again, sorry for the questions.

Thanks

6 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

I was one of those although it was with Princess rather than P&O - applied 95 days before our cruise, told to re-apply within 90 days! But no problem after that.

Might be to do with WHEN you applied. Carnival have just extended the end point from July 2023 to July 2024 (they tend to do this once a year following the AGM in March/April). So until recently you could only apply for OBC for cruises departing in the next three months. However, you can now apply for OBC for cruises departing in the next 15 months - and that period will gradually reduce until next March/April.

• Thanks 1

GSPG

I’m not familiar with your pension account but you could possibly do it. However would you be able to sell shares in your pension account should you want to. Personally I think  this makes it too complicated.

I bought mine on line through a well known finance company. (HL) I can get a print out of my holding at any time or instantly sell at any time. Very simple to operate.

Brian

Edited by BrianI
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BrianI said:

GSPG

I’m not familiar with your pension account but you could possibly do it. However would you be able to sell shares in your pension account should you want to. Personally I think  this makes it too complicated.

I bought mine on line through a well known finance company. (HL) I can get a print out of my holding at any time or instantly sell at any time. Very simple to operate.

Brian

Thanks Brian.

4 hours ago, GSPG said:

I bank with Barclays and have an online account. What’s the easiest way to purchase Carnival shares, call the Bank or can it be done online myself perhaps?

Barclays have an online stocks and shares ISA account that you can use to buy the shares - been using it for a few years now.