Personal Touches

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That's not what be said. He said that one person  (ie his steward)acted as his bed maker, servant etc. 

Ok, I see.  I think I would still find having a servant weird.  Everyone's experiences I guess. .  

6 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Ok, I see.  I think I would still find having a servant weird.  Everyone's experiences I guess. .  

But isn't having a steward exactly the same as having a servant ? They make your bed, clean your room, arrange your towels etc.

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But isn't having a steward exactly the same as having a servant ? They make your bed, clean your room, arrange your towels etc.

I don’t know.  Never considered the cabin Stewart my servant or personal valet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ldubs said:

I think I would find having a servant/personal valet kind of weird, truth be told.  

How much real difference is there between having someone take care of your personal needs (while taking care of the personal needs of a couple of folks in nearby cabins)  and having someone take care of your personal needs?

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

How much real difference is there between having someone take care of your personal needs (while taking care of the personal needs of a couple of folks in nearby cabins)  and having someone take care of your personal needs?

Yeah,  I cannot really disagree.  And I'm sure you would win any debate about what defines a servant.  I just never considered someone in housekeeping my servant.   Still don't & would not refer to them as such.  Certainly, on the cruises I've experienced, the cabin stewards provide high levels of service.  

Hopefully my original post was not taken as criticism.  I simply would be uncomfortable with the personalized attention I associate with a "servant", maybe like the ones that used to serve in the great houses.  

BTW, I wouldn't want a butler.  They always seem to get blamed for bad things.  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 7:39 AM, neeuqdrazil said:

I also have a bunch of pennies, and keep meaning to either take them to the bank and deposit them (they're rolled) or take them to the grocery store and use one of those CoinStar machines (but their fee % is ridiculously high, so I'm leaning to the bank.) I just have to actually DO it. 

Here in the states I can use the Coin Star machine and transfer the WHOLE balance directly to my Amazon account.  I have two Piggy Bank cans that all my coins go in to and it usually comes to 160$ when I empty them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Meander Ingwa said:

Here in the states I can use the Coin Star machine and transfer the WHOLE balance directly to my Amazon account.  I have two Piggy Bank cans that all my coins go in to and it usually comes to 160$ when I empty them.

Same.