International Flights booked thru X

jules815

We did a transatlantic cruise back in 2016 on a RC ship. I seem to remember booking our flight to Barcelona thru RC because it was quite a savings. Is this still true? Our next TA isn't until next year, but I've been looking at flights on my own today for an another upcoming cruise, and the domestic prices (ORD to MIA...ouch!) made me think about next year's adventure.

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

We did a transatlantic cruise back in 2016 on a RC ship. I seem to remember booking our flight to Barcelona thru RC because it was quite a savings. Is this still true? Our next TA isn't until next year, but I've been looking at flights on my own today for an another upcoming cruise, and the domestic prices (ORD to MIA...ouch!) made me think about next year's adventure.

We booked our flights with Flights By Celebrity for our TA last year (ORD-FCO and TPA-ORD) for $647 per person (economy class).  Because the flights were in late October and early November, the prices were already pretty cheap even if I bought them directly through the airline. Celebrity did have a promotion that allowed us to save $100 pp off the air fare.

X is slang for Celebrity and you can check their flights but remember that airlines generally only schedule their flights a year out...I've only searched the flights by celebrity (FBC) since the restart, I haven't found much of a fare difference and they will still charge a change fee if you change after final payment.  Also, I believe the airline "Norse" has the cheapest flights right now just know they're a low cost carrier

1) Find your sailing, select View Itinerary

image.thumb.png.d7e34830d08b39930f6e6c3f1ac9080d.png

2) Flights

image.thumb.png.74f7a9e458214269393e3bc2a7116532.png

• Like 1

Easiest to go to your Cruise Planner and select the link direct from your reservation -

You can also click this link.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/find-your-reservation/flights-by-celebrity

I've been looking for International Flights via Flights by Celebrity and haven't been finding any really good rates lately.   After getting burnt pretty bad due to Covid most flights are now fully refundable fares and you can do as good or better on Airline and Travel websites.

A good site for checking airfares is Flights.google.com (they are not a TA and only quote and track airfares).

The only real advantage of Flights By Celebrity is you can book now not pay until final payment cancel up until final payment with now penalty but after final they charge $100 pp administrative fee for any change even on a refundable fare. 

Example -  Sydney to SFO     December 21

Flights by Celebrity -

image.thumb.png.af5ae38e481736924b48d5e6e4e7e9fa.png

Now Checking the same flight on Google -

image.thumb.png.e73ca58ffd09b443f86e32e9a221e5ba.png

• Like 1

FWIW we booked AMS to Arizona last May.  Excellent connections and avoided Heathrow for $600.  Same thing now is $1700.

When you get about a year out for your return flight check out airlines, FBC and the discount airlines.  FBC may be a lot cheaper and may not.  Be sure you get cancellation rules from everyone to compare.

Would would not have saved any $ using FBC and had more flexible change rules when there was a flight canceled by booking direct.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Easiest to go to your Cruise Planner and select the link direct from your reservation -

You can also click this link.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/find-your-reservation/flights-by-celebrity

I've been looking for International Flights via Flights by Celebrity and haven't been finding any really good rates lately.   After getting burnt pretty bad due to Covid most flights are now fully refundable fares and you can do as good or better on Airline and Travel websites.

A good site for checking airfares is Flights.google.com (they are not a TA and only quote and track airfares).

The only real advantage of Flights By Celebrity is you can book now not pay until final payment cancel up until final payment with now penalty but after final they charge $100 pp administrative fee for any change even on a refundable fare. 

Example -  Sydney to SFO     December 21

Flights by Celebrity -

image.thumb.png.af5ae38e481736924b48d5e6e4e7e9fa.png

Now Checking the same flight on Google -

image.thumb.png.e73ca58ffd09b443f86e32e9a221e5ba.png

Still too early for us to see flights, but getting close. I think our return date is 4/27. 

And now to complicate things a little, I was doing some mock bookings on Kayak earlier just to get a feel for the airlines, etc. (On our last TA, we started in Barcelona. This time we'll be flying home from there.) Noticed the layover countries of several different airlines and wondering if this scenario is possible. Disembark Ascent in Barcelona, instead of staying there a few days like we'd planned, that morning board a flight to Chicago with layover in Paris. Spend a few days in Paris and then fly to Chicago. I swear my daughter did something similar on a flight to Ireland a few years ago. Layover in Iceland, spent a few days there, then on to Ireland. But it was still considered the same flight??

My husband likes the idea of seeing another country since we'll be so close. Springtime in Paris, or Dublin, or Amsterdam....so many choices!  Have any of you experienced cruisers done something like this? My youngest daughter suggested sending most of our luggage back FedX and taking the train instead. (Popular on TikTok)

Some of the foreign flagged carriers offer stopover stays at their home city without an increase in airfare. Iceland Air (Reykjavik), TAP (Lisbon), Emirates (Dubai), and Ethiopian Airlines (Addis Ababa) come to mind.