New global legal terms and conditions

12 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Two issues right off the bat.

First, if it is a contract, how can they change it unilaterally for those who have already booked and agreed to the terms of the existing contract? 

Secondly, Royal needs to employ proof readers, particularly when it comes to publishing contracts. In the Canada-based contract, the legal section dealing with jurisdiction states that litigation will be:

IN AND BEFORE THE COURTS OF ENGLAND AND WALES, TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER COURTS OR TRIBUNALS.

Hope they will pay for my airfare...or cruise to get there!😆

35 minutes ago, little britain said:

The Cruise Ticket Contract or Booking Conditions applicable to your cruise purchase are now determined by your Primary Country of Residence.

….so what does that mean??🤷‍♀️

I read it as Brits who book via the USA will no longer be able to benefit from USA booking conditions such as price drops, moving gtys etc…..

I hope I’m wrong. 

That is what I got out of it. I cannot book prices which are exclusive to a country that I do not reside in.  I do not think this latest communication is regarding refund policies around covid which already were published.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

did anyone see the part where chair hogs and people who flaunt their status and expect better treatment are disembarked at the next port. 

Well, it's about time.  As a triple gold plated Pinnacle Star Class Block carrying nobody, I appreciate that one. :classic_cool:

37 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I don't think its in their best interest to not refund people if they have covid. My concern is that more people will go on the cruise when they have covid as they don't want to lose the money.

31 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

But i don't think its great if the change brings more covid on the ship. Surely they don't want that.

It won’t make a difference. People with Covid are already boarding the ships, and everything has been fine. Covid is just another respiratory virus at this point. 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, zuscruiserz said:

Section 4.c.  (re: Covid-19 Policies) says "(4) mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) of face coverings in most locations outside of the Passenger’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing of Passengers at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions; (6) additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions, including but not limited to denial of disembarkation at destinations unless participating in only Carrier-approved shore excursions".  Is this a new update?  We have a cruise booked for April 30 (our 1 year anniversary) and OF COURSE they change this now!!! I'm sooo disappointed!

That’s an old policy that only kicked in when onboard Covid cases reached a minimum threshold. These procedures haven’t been used in well over a year 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It won’t make a difference. People with Covid are already boarding the ships, and everything has been fine. Covid is just another respiratory virus at this point. 

We agree to disagree. I had a horrible month long cough after covid. I don't want to get that again.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Well, it's about time.  As a triple gold plated Pinnacle Star Class Block carrying nobody, I appreciate that one. :classic_cool:

Ok @Ret MP, we will short-cut "your excursion" off of the ship with the 'triple gold-plated Star Class Block' chained to your neck (I mean, that is where you wear it anyway).

You might even get a close look at the fishes on bottom.

🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

That is what I got out of it. I cannot book prices which are exclusive to a country that I do not reside in.  I do not think this latest communication is regarding refund policies around covid which already were published.

Subtext….. if you’re already booked via the USA , you’re stuffed…. And if you book in the future via the USA you’re stuffed….🤦‍♀️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

Subtext….. if you’re already booked via the USA , you’re stuffed…. And if you book in the future via the USA you’re stuffed….🤦‍♀️

I didn't think RCI would stuff the 'turkeys' until November. I guess RCI is getting us ready to be plucked.

😮

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

Yes, I think that is it. I am based in Ireland but I have booked in the past on a US site and this year with a German travel agency. They are both cheaper that anything I see for UK or Ireland. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brehede said:

Yes, I think that is it. I am based in Ireland but I have booked in the past on a US site and this year with a German travel agency. They are both cheaper that anything I see for UK or Ireland. 

Question is if already booked future cruises like yours are price protected or can or will they adjust to Ireland rates?

1 minute ago, Brehede said:

Very similar to finding a free parking space that normally cost money to have the parking authority install a new parking meter after they find it!  

😭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Question is if already booked future cruises like yours are price protected or can or will they adjust to Ireland rates?

I don’t know how RC would know. If I book through a US TA and I don’t live in the US, then I thought the TA was already not giving my actual address 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t know how RC would know. If I book through a US TA and I don’t live in the US, then I thought the TA was already not giving my actual address 🤷‍♂️

All of my cruise contracts always include citizenship of all passengers. That might be how they are determining Primary Country of Residence. I am not sure how they would handle dual citizenship if the situation occurred.

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

If you book directly with Royal you provide your adress.

4 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

All of my cruise contracts always include citizenship of all passengers. That might be how they are determining Primary Country of Residence. I am not sure how they would handle dual citizenship if the situation occurred.

Citizenship is not country of residence. But you also provide your adress.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Correct but I don’t book off the US website. If I’m booking to get the US price, I use a US TA. I suppose I need to ask my TA if this impacts us. 

@Saab4444 has a point. Even if my cruise contract does not show my address, my TA uses my contact information (to include mailing address) when he fills out my information on RCI's TA Website. RCI still indirectly gets "AN" address about me. 

🤔

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Noooooooo. Us Brits nearly always pay far more for everything than our American cousins (cruises and flights) etc.  plus given that it’s the 12th, we can’t even cancel and get our deposits back I guess.  

Here is what I can see for Brits, no mention of booking through a U.S. TA.

I don’t care for the bit about they can increase the price by up to 8%.

94EF6EC8-A27A-43B5-9319-2F8DD44EB739.png

Edited by heatherbelle

I'm wondering if americans spend more overall and that's why other countries aren't getting as good a deal? I can see Canadians being cheaper than americans due to the exchange rate when it comes to excursions/drink packages etc.