Celebrity drink package question.

ZESTER

50 minutes ago, ZESTER said:

That's interesting but nothing surprises me. We are doing a TA from Fort Lauderdale. There is no price menu that I can find.

The reason for the difference has to do with the gratuity. When sailing from the US, which you are, the price printed on the menu does not include the gratuity. When sailing from the UK, the menu price includes the gratuity. The total comes out to same it’s just a different way of presenting the price.

As an example, a passenger who does not have a beverage package, sailing from the US, orders a $10 drink. When the slip comes to be signed it shows $10 +2 dollar gratuity. So $12.

Sailing from the UK, the same drink is priced at $12 with no additional gratuity.

So the price of drinks allowed under the classic package changes according to where the ship is sailing from. Out of the UK, the classic package limit is higher to account for this.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I always call my liquor with the premium package..

We do with the Classic. Curiously, on Constellation a few weeks ago - Crown Royal wasn’t attracting a premium at a few bars for first 4 days of the cruise. Then we were advised it was a nominal premium plus the 20% gratuity. We had similar experience with Stella Artois beer - not prem then suddenly premium. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Decoy is normally on most ships and covered by premium package.

I just went through the wine list on the Celebrity app for all the restaurants, bars, and lounges on Millennium and I do not see Decoy listed at all.  

30 minutes ago, ljk76 said:

Decoy Cabernet…any idea on price per glass ,or availability?  Thinking I’ll just pay the upcharge per glass, but….enjoyed the endless pour on our last Apex cruise.   Paying the price for premium upgrade is a little costlier for a 15 day transatlantic.  

Pre price increase of beverage package and drinks I think Decoy was $14 a glass. So if wine prices have increased like drinks I would guess it is $16  so if paying the upcharge it would $7.20 per glass

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I just went through the wine list on the Celebrity app for all the restaurants, bars, and lounges on Millennium and I do not see Decoy listed at all.  

We have had it on every cruise.  We don’t check the wine list we just ask for what we want ( Decoy, Conundrum, Cherry Pie, Cattier) or more often we ask what the sommelier recommends base on our dinner choices. We have learned bout a lot of wines we were unfamiliar with.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JR the Maverick said:

We do with the Classic. Curiously, on Constellation a few weeks ago - Crown Royal wasn’t attracting a premium at a few bars for first 4 days of the cruise. Then we were advised it was a nominal premium plus the 20% gratuity. We had similar experience with Stella Artois beer - not prem then suddenly premium. 

You'll only know when you get onboard, we're sailing on Equinox next month & on the app I'm seeing Stella at $10 or $11 & Newcastle Brown at $8 or $9 depending on which bar list you look at. 

The MDR wine list is showing the biggest selection of wines by the glass on both packages, decoy cab $14.

2 hours ago, ZESTER said:

Has anyone considered to upgrade the drink package after a few days of finding out what's  what? Does the price go up every few days during a 14 day sailing?

If you don't have status with Celebrity that gives you a pre-cruise discount, this is what I would do. We've been on cruises where even with the premium package wine choices have been sparse.  Go to the bar you think you will use most often and upgrade there.  The bartender will get the 20% tip.  This will make you popular with that bartender.   I have seen reports that onboard, passengers have been able to just upgrade one person.  Keep in mind, with the premium package Bacio coffees, fresh juices, smoothies and high end waters are included and you won't have lots of little slips to sign and keep track of.    

The wine list on the App is never correct.  Best like others said just find a Sommelier and talk to them.  I have found many wines not listed being able to get by the glass.  I search for Pinot Noir mostly and not a fan of the Cherry Pie one that is in premium.  Was able to get both Foley and La Crema in the past by glass, sometimes with a $1 upcharge over the premium sometimes not.  Supply issues are still out there with many products overall.  

4 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

The wine list on the App is never correct.  Best like others said just find a Sommelier and talk to them.  I have found many wines not listed being able to get by the glass.  I search for Pinot Noir mostly and not a fan of the Cherry Pie one that is in premium.  Was able to get both Foley and La Crema in the past by glass, sometimes with a $1 upcharge over the premium sometimes not.  Supply issues are still out there with many products overall.  

Do they have Sommelier on the ships now ? 
Last April did not see one anywhere 😉

20 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Do they have Sommelier on the ships now ? 
Last April did not see one anywhere 😉

Haven't been on since Sept, when t saw them all over.  Of course some are training etc.  But I usually seek one out or the F&B/Bar Manager on first or second day to have a quick chat etc.  

• Thanks 1

We were on Apex mid-March and there was a Sommelier in each restaurant.  They did have Decoy although I'm not certain about the price.  We received the last bottle of Red Conundrum while on board the first night.  We were told "supply chain issues" are still in effect.  🙄