Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

2 hours ago, Sujormik said:

We got a PH with an upgrade 2 levels promo last year.  Our itinerary is on the list…will we have a chance of $$ savings or is our level too high to benefit.

Hubs not a big cruiser so we do fewer trips but bigger spaces/more perks.  Allegedly.  Our first O.  Thanks.

Call whoever you booked with & ask

1 hour ago, ryansmousehouse said:

Had my TA call Oceania on my Sept cruise....I'm saving 6400 on this cruise....lost olife ultimate now have standard olife... This was on a ph1....that's big $$$...

So you got to keep the Olife with the Extraordinary savings? You just lost the Ultimate? 

15 minutes ago, ORV said:

So you got to keep the Olife with the Extraordinary savings? You just lost the Ultimate? 

If you originally paid the O Life fare (which got you access to Ultimate), you’ll just go back to the single perk since you traded Ultimate for the Extraordinary Savings fare drop.

Actually mine is a little more complicated. It is Ultimate, but now is not offering that, but is offering the Free pre or post trip. I've got the onboard $300 OBC, but not the On board booking savings since we got the Ultimate offer. The price has gone up some, but only a couple hundred per person($400). The value of the Land trip is about 1600 pp. Seeing how it's a 24 day cruise the option I would keep on the Olife is the drink package, which has a $1920 value for the two of us. The excursions I'd be giving up have a value at Oceania asking price of approximately $1500 and the OBC would be $800. So by my math it would cost me(either real money or perks) $2700 to get a $3200 tour. So I'd be $500 ahead, but the big question would be do I want to go on that Pre tour? 

I'm not drinking today, so my figures could be off. Or I might have missed something. Since I have included deviations I might go in early and do my own tour, I might be able to book a hotel a couple of nights and take a few tours and keep the Ultimate. 

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

…….Seeing how it's a 24 day cruise the option I would keep on the Olife is the drink package, which has a $1920 value for the two of us……

It all boils down to stuff vs cash. For example, your booze package dollar cost doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll actually drink that retail value of the wine-by-the-glass and beer at meals. That would require an average retail consumption of $40 pp/day. 

Admittedly, when we first started cruising on O, we did much shorter cruises of 2 weeks +\- and got the Prestige package. But, then we started doing many longer cruises of 5-7 weeks each and now (with platinum status), find the combo of multiple O Club events, Captain parties, gracious bartenders, invited dinners (and a preference for supplying our own wine), as well as not being willing/able to drink daily for weeks on end, makes for a far better “deal” if we just pay as you go for booze. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It all boils down to stuff vs cash. For example, your booze package dollar cost doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll actually drink that retail value of the wine-by-the-glass and beer at meals. That would require an average retail consumption of $40 pp/day. 

Admittedly, when we first started cruising on O, we did much shorter cruises of 2 weeks +\- and got the Prestige package. But, then we started doing many longer cruises of 5-7 weeks each and now (with platinum status), find the combo of multiple O Club events, Captain parties, gracious bartenders, invited dinners (and a preference for supplying our own wine), as well as not being willing/able to drink daily for weeks on end, makes for a far better “deal” if we just pay as you go for booze. 

Yep, our last 10 day cruise we went Cruise Only and were part of a group. We had a welcome dinner, then the Captain's party, then a day or so later the repeaters party, then dinner with an officer, then group final dinner with group including cocktail party beforehand, a couple of bottles for the room, a couple of bottles of Champagne or sparkling for mimosas, a daily stop for the 2-4-1 Happy Hour. Dinner off the ship in Charleston, some good eating there. Don't know when we'd have worked in the package. Didn't miss not having beer or wine with lunch. 

21 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm not drinking today, so my figures could be off. Or I might have missed something. Since I have included deviations I might go in early and do my own tour, I might be able to book a hotel a couple of nights and take a few tours and keep the Ultimate. 

Might want to price the nightly rate at the hotel offered on Pre/Post cruise. On Tokyo cruise the Hilton is about $500 nightly. Two 1/2 day tours included, breakfast and transfers.  O sells this as $1,700-$1,800 pp which is quite high, but to be expected as O needs to be compensated.  For those who are not giving up prior discounts, it’s free and a good promotion. We had to forego $1,750 past cruiser discountm so we deck8ned and chose our hotel and location.

The dreaded mailed brochure with the “extraordinary savings” came this past weekend and our July cruise along the coast of Norway showed our PHP cabin at HALF of the price that we paid.  Our cruise is fully paid for and included a generous ship board credit from our TA and prepaid gratuities from Oceania…but still.  I contacted our TA and asked her to see what she could do (noting that the on-line pricing for our level cabin was $100 more than what we paid; the huge discount was only in the brochure).

The result is a shipboard credit equal to the difference (but losing the other ‘perks’).  I’m happy with that as I realize they didn’t really have to do anything.  Now we’ll book every excursion and schedule massages and I’ll drink like a fish (hubby doesn’t drink) and we’ll still have $$ left, lol.  And maybe that remainder can go toward additional gratuities if the service is as good as it’s been on past Oceania cruises.  Spread the joy!

Thanks to this thread for giving me the impetus to at least look into what the options might be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wynterwynd said:

And maybe that remainder can go toward additional gratuities if the service is as good as it’s been on past Oceania cruises.  Spread the joy!

Good  work 😉

I wonder if they will allow you to give the  extra Oceania supplied OBC to the crew ?

I tried that a few yeas  back & they would not do it

Anyone donate their Oceania OBC to the crew with success?

46 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Good  work 😉

I wonder if they will allow you to give the  extra Oceania supplied OBC to the crew ?

I tried that a few yeas  back & they would not do it

Anyone donate their Oceania OBC to the crew with success?

It has to be actual money (e.g., refundable SBC or cash).

This last January/February we did a back to back to back on Sirena.  Not only did they allow transfer of non refundable SBC from cruise to cruise (we had to change rooms twice), I received a call a day or two before disembarking telling me I had about $100 left in my account.  I asked if I could apply that as a gratuity for the crew and their response was they would do that and thanked me.  Final accounting showed remaining balance amount zeroed out with “gratuity paid.”

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Wynterwynd said:

The dreaded mailed brochure with the “extraordinary savings” came this past weekend and our July cruise along the coast of Norway showed our PHP cabin at HALF of the price that we paid.  Our cruise is fully paid for and included a generous ship board credit from our TA and prepaid gratuities from Oceania…but still.  I contacted our TA and asked her to see what she could do (noting that the on-line pricing for our level cabin was $100 more than what we paid; the huge discount was only in the brochure).

The result is a shipboard credit equal to the difference (but losing the other ‘perks’).  I’m happy with that as I realize they didn’t really have to do anything.  Now we’ll book every excursion and schedule massages and I’ll drink like a fish (hubby doesn’t drink) and we’ll still have $$ left, lol.  And maybe that remainder can go toward additional gratuities if the service is as good as it’s been on past Oceania cruises.  Spread the joy!

Thanks to this thread for giving me the impetus to at least look into what the options might be.

I told my friends a diamond ring would ease the pain..

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only one leg of our BTB is on the extraordinary savings. We're on the Riviera to France/Spain in May/June. Since we already paid in full, and the discounted leg of the cruise is waitlist only, O said no to our agent who asked about the extraordinary savings pricing. Anyone have any luck in getting the savings with only one leg of the BTB being discounted? 

Could someone explain what beverage package is included in the Ultimate perk? Just wine/beer with lunch and dinner? Is it possible to pay a little more if it's just the beer/wine package and get the full beverage package?

Thank you 

Loretta

46 minutes ago, harlor said:

Only one leg of our BTB is on the extraordinary savings. We're on the Riviera to France/Spain in May/June. Since we already paid in full, and the discounted leg of the cruise is waitlist only, O said no to our agent who asked about the extraordinary savings pricing. Anyone have any luck in getting the savings with only one leg of the BTB being discounted? 

Could someone explain what beverage package is included in the Ultimate perk? Just wine/beer with lunch and dinner? Is it possible to pay a little more if it's just the beer/wine package and get the full beverage package?

Thank you 

Loretta

Novato - correct?

If so, never heard back from you regarding my emailed answer to a question you previously asked. It would be nice to know, at least, that you received it.

In any case, as to your new question(s):

I too have a booked multi-segment cruise with only one segment on the “extraordinary” list and, despite being given an initial O “no” to my quest for a price adjustment, I was able to eventually get it. 

To make a long story short, there are a variety of circumstances associated with a current booking that can make or break an adjustment.

Sadly, many TAs (including some who sell a lot of O cruises) and even some O staff in Miami do not fully understand (or sometimes just disregard) O’s policy idiosyncrasies when it comes to how booking specifics allow/exclude access to promotions. And getting to a “yes” on a promo request can be as simple as altering some specifics in the nature of your current booking (even after full payment).  You or your TA just need to know which items to change and/or which policy allowances/interpretations/et al. you need to remind O staff about.

As for the booze question, you may want to use the search feature here on CC. Your question has been asked/answered many times with instructions on how to upgrade the basic mealtime limited booze package you can get with O Life.

1 hour ago, harlor said:

Thank you 

Loretta

I believe the fact that the segment that includes the extraordinary savings is waitlist only is the reason that O will not add the savings to that part of your B2B - the sailing needs to have availability in your cabin category...

16 minutes ago, basor said:

I believe the fact that the segment that includes the extraordinary savings is waitlist only is the reason that O will not add the savings to that part of your B2B - the sailing needs to have availability in your cabin category...

True but, even with cabin availability, there are some other prohibitors in the mix - some very very simple. For example, there are some (not all) O provided perks that get a “no promo” reply.

Is anyone on board right now and able to book future cruises using the Extraordinary Savings pricing?  Are they offering additional benefits or SBC?  

I have a cruise in mind and will be on Marina starting on the 27th when the sale is still going on. Just wondering if it would be better to wait?  There are so many cabins available on this particular sailing I'm interested in.  I could then transfer the booking to my TA to still get his extra OBC.

2 minutes ago, swayingpalms2 said:

Is anyone on board right now and able to book future cruises using the Extraordinary Savings pricing?  Are they offering additional benefits or SBC?  

I have a cruise in mind and will be on Marina starting on the 27th when the sale is still going on. Just wondering if it would be better to wait?  There are so many cabins available on this particular sailing I'm interested in.  I could then transfer the booking to my TA to still get his extra OBC.

If you are within 30 days of your cruise’s embarkation date, you can book now and have it adjusted for the added book onboard perks once you board. 

• Like 2