Sure ain’t no dress code!

roupa

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

It’s fun to see how men wearing shorts can ruin someone else’s vacation. Just like the pinnnacle pin and people wearing lanyard. 

Hilarious. 

Are you really seeing this or having fun with imagination?

Edited by Tatka

Hey Hey Hey.  I'm a card-carrying gold-plated Pinnacle, Star Class, block on the coffee table/mantle, member of the Britsh Royalty, and a nobody.  I resent any and all comments about me.  And get off my lawn.

Disclosure:  I have nothing against any of the above.  In fact, I aspire to be a Pinnacle one day.  But, at 71 and with limited resources, I don't think I'll make it.   I am doing the "nobody" very well, though.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Are you really seeing this or having fun with imagination?

Just reading how upset people are. Pretty obvious how some people take looks so very seriously. Of others, at least. 

For all of the mad posts about dress code, lanyards, and pinnacle pins, I do hope I’m ruining someone’s vacations. I do my part. lol. 

If it makes you feel better, I did overhear someone talking about shorts when we walked by them in the MDR on a recent cruise. Made me chuckle that they noticed. 

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Just reading how upset people are. Pretty obvious how some people take looks so very seriously. Of others, at least. 

For all of the mad posts about dress code, lanyards, and pinnacle pins, I do hope I’m ruining someone’s vacations. I do my part. lol. 

If it makes you feel better, I did overhear someone talking about shorts when we walked by them in the MDR on a recent cruise. Made me chuckle that they noticed. 

So I was right about you are imagining things.

I see a discussion about dress code and norms.

Nothing about how people feel about it,

I am sure there are people who are upset just like you mentioned (although I am not sure if they just discussed or really were upset) I just do not see them in this discussion.

Edited by Tatka

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

You know, it comes to a point when it is what it is.  Just be nice to the folks around you and enjoy your cruise.   

I hope there are no altercations between people.

Although I read from time to time how proudly people fight and win for loungers near the pool. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

I hope there are no altercations between people.

Although I read from time to time how proudly people fight and win for loungers near the pool. 🙂

Hopefully being nice goes a little further than just avoiding altercations!  😀

• Like 1

It all boils down to tablecloths.  You can't wear shorts if there is a tablecloth on the table.  

Oh wait, the MDR has tablecloths on for Breakfast and Lunch but shorts are Okay at those times.  I wonder what's going on with that.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

It all boils down to tablecloths.  You can't wear shorts if there is a tablecloth on the table.  

Oh wait, the MDR has tablecloths on for Breakfast and Lunch but shorts are Okay at those times.  I wonder what's going on with that.  

OK, drop this. I learn that in some village restaurants there tablecloth.

Do I need to post FAQ from RCI again?  

Oh, I know ... it is a suggestion, so people won't arrive to MDR for lunch in long pants accidentally.   🙂

Edited by Tatka

7 minutes ago, Tatka said:

OK, drop this. I learn that in some village restaurants there tablecloth.

Do I need to post FAQ from RCI again?  

Oh, I know ... it is a suggestion, so people won't arrive to MDR for lunch in long pants accidentally.   🙂

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2023 at 3:35 PM, George C said:

I have seen shorts not allowed on celebrity on occasions.

Last month on celebrity a guy ahead of us was told his wife beater shirt was not allowed. So he had to go change. This was in Luminae.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Last month on celebrity a guy ahead of us was told his wife beater shirt was not allowed. So he had to go change. This was in Luminae.   

Luminae didn’t allow shorts at dinner on a recent cruise. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

People arriving to evening restaurants in wife beaters. )))

Why not though? Things are changing...

57 minutes ago, Tatka said:

People arriving to evening restaurants in wife beaters. )))

Why not though? Things are changing...

You literally are starting to sound a little out there. People are allowed to were shorts in the MDR. Just get over it and enjoy yourself and your trip, not there's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BennyandBo said:

You literally are starting to sound a little out there. People are allowed to were shorts in the MDR. Just get over it and enjoy yourself and your trip, not there's. 

Did I ask for advice?

Should I post RCI FAQ which state you know what.

I ALWAYS enjoy my trips. Literally. You just like another poster are assuming too much. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Did I ask for advice?

Should I post RCI FAQ which state you know what.

I ALWAYS enjoy my trips. Literally. You just like another poster are assuming too much. 🙂

No. It wasn't advice. It was a comment. Call down. People are going to have shorts on. Just move on and get over it. 

• Like 2

Just now, BennyandBo said:

No. It wasn't advice. It was a comment. Call down. People are going to have shorts on. Just move on and get over it. 

Don't be openly rude.

Cruising 5 times per year last one in March, next is in May, I am perfectly aware what people wear.

Just now, Tatka said:

Don't be openly rude.

Cruising 5 times per year last one in March, next is in May, I am perfectly aware what people wear.

Really not trying to be rude. I just think it's time to let this go. Your fighting a tide of people and it's now going in circles. I've been there myself. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BennyandBo said:

Really not trying to be rude. I just think it's time to let this go. Your fighting a tide of people and it's now going in circles. I've been there myself. 

I am not fighting anyone. I am posting my opinion.  🙂

You are moderating in some reason.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Luminae didn’t allow shorts at dinner on a recent cruise. 

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the current discussion.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There is ALWAYS one, at least one in every dress code thread. The same as there is always one, at least one snickering at others' choice of clothing wear on a ship. Likely the same folks?  Who am I to say, busy having the time of my life. 

Edited by nimbex1970
  • Like 3

On 4/13/2023 at 1:45 PM, Tatka said:

I think formal is a reach, but nicer clothes for special nights are fine.

Yes, fine. But not required. Shorts are fine any meal, any day. 

And yes, lots of people eat with tablecloths in shorts at home. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, poocher said:

I’m sorry, maybe I am misinterpreting your post but you are happy your MIL passed?

You are not misinterpreting.  She was a miserable person, a terrible mother to my husband, a thorn in my side for 54 years, and insulted my sweet, romantic, lovable son.  She was a month shy of 99 years old, and it was her time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1