Anyone order a hand held shower for their balcony stateroom?

brisalta

we got this on the Crown last month...I did have to ask again after we boarded, it did not come automatically even though I requested on the app...it was very nice, put the shower head in the middle of the shower when in the holder so more like a rain shower, adjustable & had an off switch

2023-03-0611_46_27.thumb.jpg.35161b4dbd66920a7e505aa54a90c43a.jpg

2023-03-0823_00_25.thumb.jpg.45f3add96caf0cd41898949ddcc0a24c.jpg

2023-03-0823_00_49.thumb.jpg.9e1161e5d81a2dd21cb47bbfc32738bd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yes, we got one on Sapphire Princess in February.  The normal shower head was replaced shortly after we were in the room and it came with a hanger for the shower head.  Ordered on the app…we were not aware that this was an option when on the Caribbean Princess in August.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

we got this on the Crown last month...I did have to ask again after we boarded, it did not come automatically even though I requested on the app...it was very nice, put the shower head in the middle of the shower when in the holder so more like a rain shower, adjustable & had an off switch

Thank you. I requested one on the Crown soon. Was it powerful enough?

On 4/12/2023 at 11:19 PM, travelin.sisters said:

Thank you for the answer and the photographs.

• Like 1

I just got off the 28 day sailing on Crown this morning and I ordered one in the app and never got.   I was told they were out.   
The. newer Royal class ships have the handheld for sure.   Older ships do not have handheld.  
First stop in Hawaii we went to a Walmart and bought one and my hubby also bought a wrench and we installed our own.   It worked excellent.   We will take it with us anytime we sail on an older ship.   Doesn’t take up much room in suitcase compared to the convenience of having a handheld in shower. 

I requested one on Caribbean in December in the app, was not in room after boarding. Asked cabin steward and he acted brand new like he never heard of such a thing. Asked at reception they acted dumb as well. So I showered and made due with the fixed head and let cabin steward deal with the very wet bathroom that resulted from my contortions. 

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:08 PM, brisalta said:

Has anyone ordered a hand held shower for their balcony stateroom shower? If so does it just dangle on the floor when not in use or does it come with a hanger for the shower head?

We just got off the Ruby yesterday.  Although we requested a hand held prior to our 5 day cruise, I had to ask 3 times before it was finally installed on day 2.  The plumber who installed it said he did not have a bracket for it.  We tucked it into the grab bar to keep it from dangling into the tub.  We were in a reserve mini suite.

Edited by Cajuntraveler
info missing

11 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

I just got off the 28 day sailing on Crown this morning and I ordered one in the app and never got.   I was told they were out.   
The. newer Royal class ships have the handheld for sure.   Older ships do not have handheld.  
First stop in Hawaii we went to a Walmart and bought one and my hubby also bought a wrench and we installed our own.   It worked excellent.   We will take it with us anytime we sail on an older ship.   Doesn’t take up much room in suitcase compared to the convenience of having a handheld in shower. 

I asked and got one on the same sailing on day 2. 

18 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I asked and got one on the same sailing on day 2. 

That’s awesome!   I asked our cabin attendant on day 1, day 3 he came back and said they were out.  So I went to customer service on day 3 and they said there weren’t any available.   I asked why my request that I completed on the app months ago wasn’t honored but they had no answer other than to say they were sorry.  

3 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

That’s awesome!   I asked our cabin attendant on day 1, day 3 he came back and said they were out.  So I went to customer service on day 3 and they said there weren’t any available.   I asked why my request that I completed on the app months ago wasn’t honored but they had no answer other than to say they were sorry.  

That sucks, but at least you figured it out. I asked because I figured the app was useless.

2 hours ago, qoap24 said:

Can someone tell me where in the app you put in a request? And does anyone know if Regal already has hand held shower heads?

In the Princess Medallion app:

Select "My Preferences "then select "Accessibility"

then scroll down to "In Cabin Accessibility Amenities"

Once you select the options you would like click on the "Save" button.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, qoap24 said:

Can someone tell me where in the app you put in a request? And does anyone know if Regal already has hand held shower heads?

The Royal class (including Regal) should have it already.