Westerdam

hotzej

does anyone know if the Westerdam has outlets for plugs at the bedside or only at the desk.  My husband uses a C-PAP machine and we need to know whether we need to bring extension cords to stretch from desk to bedside.  Thanks for your help.

Are there any Dancing Floors on the Westerdam? 

We wish to Couple dance...foxtrot...waltz...west coast swing...tango etc....every night.

We were on the Zaandam for the Grand Africa cruise and had a Fabulous time dancing on that ship in the Ocean Bar!  🙂  

They even had a Ballroom Hour with DJ up in the Crow's Nest...:)

Thank You in Advance for any and all information concerning dancing... on the the Westerdam... that you can share with us...it would be greatly appreciated.  🙂 

Pat  

We were in an inside cabin on the Westerdam in the fall of 2022 for 2 months, there were only 110v outlets at the desk.  There was a USB outlet on each side of the bed.  I always bring a short extension cord for these situations.

1 hour ago, 1teach53 said:

Thanks! We will be in an inside cabin on Westerdam in May. Alaska 👍🏻🎉👍🏻🎉 How did you find the conditions , cleanliness, updates in the cabin. etc. ? 

We had a very enjoyable time.  The ship was super clean and had a flat screen TV. For us it was a typical very comfortable HAL inside cabin.  For the rest of the ship, it was in fine condition with fresh carpeting throughout.  Outside there was typical rust for ships of this age, but that's not a negative for us.  I believe it's supposed to get new tenders before it comes to sail in Alaska.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 2Canucks said:

Are there any Dancing Floors on the Westerdam? 

We wish to Couple dance...foxtrot...waltz...west coast swing...tango etc....every night.

We were on the Zaandam for the Grand Africa cruise and had a Fabulous time dancing on that ship in the Ocean Bar!  🙂  

They even had a Ballroom Hour with DJ up in the Crow's Nest...:)

Thank You in Advance for any and all information concerning dancing... on the the Westerdam... that you can share with us...it would be greatly appreciated.  🙂 

Pat  

On the Westy now.  There is a dance floor in the Rolling Stone Lounge and they sometimes have an hour of recorded dance music around 7pm.  Crows nest has zero entertainment.  

Hank

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, Btimmer said:

We had a very enjoyable time.  The ship was super clean and had a flat screen TV. For us it was a typical very comfortable HAL inside cabin.  For the rest of the ship, it was in fine condition with fresh carpeting throughout.  Outside there was typical rust for ships of this age, but that's not a negative for us.  I believe it's supposed to get new tenders before it comes to sail in Alaska.

Thank you!!💕

• Like 1

We are on the Westerdam now.  Our signature suite had the 120v outlets by the headboard; our outside cabin has only the usb outlets.  The ship is in good shape and the crew has been excellent.  No doubt things like food and entertainment were better precovid, but we will cruise again with HAL.  I was thinking that we might be getting too old to cruise but we have met people older than us who are still enjoying it so maybe there’s hope for us.

Ray

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, 2Canucks said:

Is there a tub in the bathroom of an Ocean View cabin on the Westerdam?

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with us,

Pat 🙂

In my OV cabin there was a tub; it was a combination tub/shower.