Look at what I got in the Mail!

alibabacruisers

How exciting!  I got a Cunard Brochure for August 2023 - May 2025 and I love it!  I had been using my old brochure from 2017-2018 to refer to for deck plans, etc.  I love the paper brochures so much as I love the feel of paper and the nostalgia of spending a nice relaxing day or two or three, daydreaming!

Cunard 2023 Brochure.jpg

• Like 9

Then a few days later got two other pieces from Cunard.  One as an invitation looking card announcing the confirmation of my 2025 QV booking.  And still another piece that was a postcard with a QR code on the back to "find my next grand adventure".

Cunard 2023 Brochure plus.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alibabacruisers said:

How exciting!  I got a Cunard Brochure for August 2023 - May 2025 and I love it!  I had been using my old brochure from 2017-2018 to refer to for deck plans, etc.  I love the paper brochures so much as I love the feel of paper and the nostalgia of spending a nice relaxing day or two or three, daydreaming!

Cunard 2023 Brochure.jpg

Congratulations and Hope we all will find one in our Postal Box one morning.

We too enjoy glazing thru brochures and dream of the next trip and booking! 

• Like 2

I only hope that I will receive brochures in the mail.  I spent over 30 days on the QM2 in 2022 in total, but don’t have anything booked yet for 2023.  I really love hard copy brochures - so inspirational for future planning.  So far, nothing from Cunard.  Meanwhile, Viking, who have never cruised with, sends me something each and every week!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Cunard 2023 Brochure.jpg

Did you order, or was it sent by Cunard as one of their courtesy offerings? 

(I ask because last year I got their big brochure without requesting it. It came out of the blue.  🤯)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

I did not order it. The big brochure came out of the blue and I am so glad it did.  Having said that I remember, over the years, requesting one and it took me to a page to view it online..........NOT the same thing at all!

Pretty cool! 

I have to admit, it was a pleasant surprise when I saw that big white envelope sticking out of my mailbox. 

Just like that moment of glee you just experienced. I'm happy for you. 🤗 

( Now, I wonder if I jinxed myself that a brochure won't materialize this year. LOL ... You know, Cunard does move in mysterious ways.  😵)

• Like 1

You can order a brochure by going into the site and clicking on "Request a Brochure".
I live in Israel and I'm always directed to the UK site - so when requesting a brochure you have to have a UK address, otherwise it tells you to look at the digital one.

I don't know what happens re the US or Australian sites.

I just edited my address "et voila".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, techteach said:

Just had my DH try to order a brochure and it is only available digitally. (U.S. site)

Don't know if will get one postal but did download also and keep it as a file.

• Like 1

In the UK i was able to log into my account choose the brochure i wanted, confirm my postal address and i received an email to say brochure was on it way. Looking forward to it to plan big birthday and big anniversary jaunt 😄

• Like 1

Having never sailed Cunard (but sailing with other lines before) we were quite impressed with the "booking confirmation" card definitely provides that up market feel and sets a standard from a customer service perspective

1 hour ago, Down-Unders said:

Received mine in the post box, page 141" Smart attire from him" has me worried. I have not sailed since PRE- COVID, does this mean no jackets required for Britannia Restaurant for dinner?  

Apart from Gala nights, yes. Up to you whether you follow this or stick to your pre Covid attire.

1 hour ago, Down-Unders said:

Received mine in the post box, page 141" Smart attire from him" has me worried. I have not sailed since PRE- COVID, does this mean no jackets required for Britannia Restaurant for dinner?  

Since the restart of operations, jackets are indeed no longer required for gentlemen on the Smart Attire evenings.

I have some concerns about what may be happening to the Gala Evening dress code. As I mentioned in another thread, the "What to pack" page on the Cunard website for both the UK and Australia was recently changed to read as follows.

"At least twice on each seven-night voyage we’ll host a Gala Evening, where we do ask that you observe an elevated dress code."

Note the word "black-tie" in the previous wording has been changed to "elevated".

And then there is this new wording.

"Formal suits are only required on board a Transatlantic cruise on Gala Evenings ..."

I look forward to finding out in a few weeks what is specified for the dress code once on board QM2 for both a transatlantic crossing and a cruise to Norway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I imagine that, as usual, it will just be a minority who wish to not follow the majority of others in dressing to make the evenings an occasion. Even if Cunard no longer wishes to make it a strict formality, most people want to enjoy making it exactly that. Then it won't need Cunard to enforce the rules, but there will be a few who want not to be part of something special when it comes to how they dress in the evenings, formal or not! I have noticed a subtle change in the advertising emails from Cunard, where they are bringing back mention of Gala evenings with the enjoyment of dancing in the Queen's Room - something that was glaringly missing from their advertising until fairly recently. So perhaps the results of the recent questionnaires has given them a better idea of what the majority of passengers want from the voyages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Since the restart of operations, jackets are indeed no longer required for gentlemen on the Smart Attire evenings.

I have some concerns about what may be happening to the Gala Evening dress code. As I mentioned in another thread, the "What to pack" page on the Cunard website for both the UK and Australia was recently changed to read as follows.

"At least twice on each seven-night voyage we’ll host a Gala Evening, where we do ask that you observe an elevated dress code."

Note the word "black-tie" in the previous wording has been changed to "elevated".

And then there is this new wording.

"Formal suits are only required on board a Transatlantic cruise on Gala Evenings ..."

I look forward to finding out in a few weeks what is specified for the dress code once on board QM2 for both a transatlantic crossing and a cruise to Norway.

Looking forward to your comments.