LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

On to the ship carrying roughly 1/3 of the Sierra Madre mountains in the form of dirt and dust on my clothes, hair, shoes, hat, hands, legs, and on my seapass card my first stop was at a bar for a cold beer.   Got a few looks as I stood there waiting my turn, shedding dust everywhere.

• Haha 5

After a long shower it was back to feeling human.

Great excursion.  It is follow the leader in a controlled and often slow ride as some guests hadn't seen an ATV before but that keeps it safe and what I was expecting.

• Like 1

All on board 7:30p

Windjamner closes 8:30p

🤔 Think it could be a little later tonight, given that the last 2 tour busses squeezed through the gates at 7:15!

Currently sitting out the back of the WJ, perfect temperature… what they need back here is a proper bar. Just saying. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Currently sitting out the back of the WJ, perfect temperature… what they need back here is a proper bar. Just saying. 

They made the Rita's on Serenade into a proper bar. But unfortunately, it closes at the same time as Windjammer. It is nice to sit back there! ☺️

• Like 2

I got a late start on this review since we were on board Odyssey when it started and have been struggling to catch up ever since. I wasn’t going to post until I caught up. I’ve only just finished page 32, you’re on Gatun Lake, and I need to stop for the night now if I have any hope of being a functional human tomorrow, but I couldn’t go without saying how spectacular this review and these pictures are! I am totally blown away! @twangster, thank you very much for doing this review and sharing it with us.

We had a Panama Canal cruise booked pre pandemic but ended up changing it to a Southern Caribbean cruise. As a diver who had been longing to dive Bonaire for many years but had yet to do so, I wanted to be sure I would have a chance to dive there. I’m glad I did that as the dives that I was able to do there were everything I was hoping for and more. Then the pandemic happened and the whole world seemed to have been turned upside down.

I hadn’t been considering putting the Panama Canal back on our cruise itinerary post pandemic until now. We currently do not have any cruises booked, but I’m rethinking what I’m looking to book for next year. It just may be time for that long postponed canal cruise! 

• Like 2

Last night I had plans to check out Tango Buenos Aries in the theater but the pub entertainer Aaron Pollock is pretty good so I stayed in the pub.  

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've noticed a ship time anomaly in the Royal app.  The other times had a one hour error.   Last night it was off by two hours.  

Thete was no way it was 8:56pm.

Screenshot_20230503_225714_Royal.thumb.jpg.5dd5908970d1c840da59e82965291099.jpg

Closing the app and relaunching it yielded the correct time.

Screenshot_20230503_225719_Royal.thumb.jpg.f30d9465288b783334e0a4c0d2a5c481.jpg

• Like 1

I'm up in tne VCL and used the Wifiman app to find the best wifi signal.

Turns out its near the DJ booth and dance floor.

20230504_060437.thumb.jpg.d9a82c40fb6453a65e9a84a8babdda3d.jpg

20230504_060441.thumb.jpg.4a75caffc8db8c6876c26e7e2f867915.jpg

20230504_060446.thumb.jpg.4b5c5b257c77f7f72ac2ece93ac11aa2.jpg

This appears to be the only deck 13 access point.   Needless to say wifi is better over the wall that's open to the ceiling into the DL but the wifi coverage is terrible in the CL. 

• Like 2