Elite minibar setup

Kineticoh20

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Interesting --- It took us 2 days to get our "change out", it finally arrived at 9 PM the 2nd day after a couple of calls to Room Service.  Maybe a lot of people are using the Crew Call Chat method thereby causing a back up with Room Service requests?😁

On the Royal Princess GSD requested that i ask my steward or crewcall chat. So I'm going to ask my steward directly as well as crewcall chat ..... but this explains why there's no switch out on short cruises. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

On the Royal Princess GSD requested that i ask my steward or crewcall chat. So I'm going to ask my steward directly as well as crewcall chat ..... but this explains why there's no switch out on short cruises. 

Princess needs to get their act together --- cruisers are getting more and more frustrated by the lack of continuity among ships and their procedures.  This year we went on the Discovery twice, we will be on the Royal in June and the Crown in July --- can't wait to see how the Royal and Crown "swap out" works.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Princess needs to get their act together --- cruisers are getting more and more frustrated by the lack of continuity among ships and their procedures.  This year we went on the Discovery twice, we will be on the Royal in June and the Crown in July --- can't wait to see how the Royal and Crown "swap out" works.

I hear what you are saying BUT the switch didn't work on a 3 day cruise. It worked on cruises longer than that. So as long as your cruise is 5+ days you're good. 

I hear what you are saying BUT the switch didn't work on a 3 day cruise. It worked on cruises longer than that. So as long as your cruise is 5+ days you're good. 

All the more reason to allow Elites to pick ahead of embarkation.  Doesn't seem right that you shouldn't be able to enjoy one of your perks. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

All the more reason to allow Elites to pick ahead of embarkation.  Doesn't seem right that you shouldn't be able to enjoy one of your perks. 

I think there needs to be an addendum to the perks .... like 1-3 day cruises just get a proportional amt.

1 day - 1 water, 1 liquor, 1 soda

2 day - 2 waters, 2 liquors, 2 sodas

3 day - 3 waters, 3 liquors, 3 sodas

4 day - 4 waters, 4 liquors, 4 sodas

7 day - full minibar

Ridiculous to give a FULL minibar for an overnighter

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

We couldn't swap out liquor last week on Discovery Princess. Only a straight all liquor for non-liquor or all for a bottle of wine, or trade tonic, sprite and sparkling water for all diet coke. 

Maybe they should just give elites a bottle of wine and no minibar. Buying 12 waters00

45 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Maybe they should just give elites a bottle of wine and no minibar. Buying 12 waters00

IMO, they should give a minibar, and no swap outs. We asked since two people had Plus, and the other was a non-drinker, hence the request for all Diet Coke (to drink) and Sky (to take home).

Edited by startedwithamouse

5 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

IMO, they should give a minibar, and no swap outs. We asked since two people had Plus, and the other was a non-drinker, hence the request for all Diet Coke (to drink) and Sky (to take home).

I disagree with that.  We do not drink nor do we purchase drink packages.  Swapping out allows us to get soda and water without purchasing them.  It is an earned perk and therefore should be available to all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Italy52 said:
1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

I disagree with that.  We do not drink nor do we purchase drink packages.  Swapping out allows us to get soda and water without purchasing them.  It is an earned perk and therefore should be available to all

Unless they want to discard it all together and replace it with the missing loyalty obc as a tiered perk. I'll gladly trade it for 100 nonrefundable OBC

21-30 25 OBC

31-40 50 OBC

41- 50 75 OBC 

51+ 100 OBC 

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

Unless they want to discard it all together and replace it with the missing loyalty obc as a tiered perk. I'll gladly trade it for 100 nonrefundable OBC

21-30 25 OBC

31-40 50 OBC

41- 50 75 OBC 

51+ 100 OBC 

Are you quoting days or cruises? 

52 minutes ago, Italy52 said:
14 hours ago, Ombud said:

21-30 cruises 25 OBC

31-40 cruises 50 OBC

41- 50 cruises 75 OBC 

51+ cruises 100 OBC 

Are you quoting days or cruises? 

Cruises not nights. So this would be an addition to the other perks after removing the minibar. 

• Like 1

Guest ldtr
15 hours ago, Ombud said:

21-30 25 OBC

31-40 50 OBC

41- 50 75 OBC 

51+ 100 OBC 

If I recall correctly by 25 loyalty did not start until my 25 cruise and my 50 started on my 50th cruise.  

Edited by ldtr

21-30 25 OBC

31-40 50 OBC

41- 50 75 OBC 

51+ 100 OBC 

That’s not really fair to those working towards Elite status 15 cruises/150 days.

I don’t want to eliminate the mini bar, that’s an Elite perk.  Not everyone buys the beverage package or wants their 1 bottle of wine.  It’s enough for my DH and I bring my own wine OB.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

21-30 cruises 25 OBC

31-40 cruises 50 OBC

41- 50 cruises 75 OBC 

51+ cruises 100 OBC 

That’s not really fair to those working towards Elite status 15 cruises/150 days.

I don’t want to eliminate the mini bar, that’s an Elite perk.  Not everyone buys the beverage package or wants their 1 bottle of wine.  It’s enough for my DH and I bring my own wine OB.

Then shift the obc to: 16- 31 cruises 25 OBC and let the rest stand. Honestly Princess doesn't care what I or any of us thinks

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Then shift the obc to: 16- 31 cruises 25 OBC and let the rest stand. Honestly Princess doesn't care what I or any of us thinks

Probably true, but they definitely troll the forum.

On 5/10/2023 at 1:35 PM, SwimCarrie said:

So this is the current policy?

It's even more loose than you might read into the literal wording.  You can get all beers for the alcohol half if you want - for example.  You can get a mix of soda and water for the non-alcohol - for example.  IOW, it doesn't have to be an all-in swap.

Also, from your wording above, did you ask your cabin steward or did you call Room Service?  RS takes take of the mini-bar delivery and swaps and they are the ones to contact directly.  It's one of my first calls once on board so I am near top of request list.  If on a B2B, I always call the day before and give them my custom order so that a swap is not required.

It is too bad we cannot pre-submit our mini-bar orders via the App so that swaps are not required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It's even more loose than you might read into the literal wording.  You can get all beers for the alcohol half if you want - for example.  You can get a mix of soda and water for the non-alcohol - for example.  IOW, it doesn't have to be an all-in swap.

Also, from your wording above, did you ask your cabin steward or did you call Room Service?  RS takes take of the mini-bar delivery and swaps and they are the ones to contact directly.  It's one of my first calls once on board so I am near top of request list.  If on a B2B, I always call the day before and give them my custom order so that a swap is not required.

It is too bad we cannot pre-submit our mini-bar orders via the App so that swaps are not required.

They make up those in massive batches. Many people make no changes. I usually keep all but the scotch which I trade in for vodka. If every setup was done per request it might take many more people and time to do the initial setups

1 hour ago, memoak said:

They make up those in massive batches. Many people make no changes. I usually keep all but the scotch which I trade in for vodka. If every setup was done per request it might take many more people and time to do the initial setups

And open up a can of worms.

On 5/13/2023 at 12:46 PM, memoak said:

It was many years ago when both Princess and HAL, on the personalizer, asked for your two alcohol preferences, ie; Vodka and whiskey.  Must have been easier years ago.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:48 PM, Ombud said:

I don't want their crappy wine and I don't want 12 bottles of water.

• Like 1

What do you want?

I would like to, for once, get the actual mini bar as promised. We have yet to get the correct setup. They are always "out of" one thing or another. Any wine that Princess chooses to replace the mini bar is bound to be pretty poor and I don't usually drink bottled water as I find the plastic pollution to be horrendous. Think of a major sporting event where they may end up with 50,000 empty plastic water bottles. I didn't grow up with a water bottle in my hand and don't understand the "modern" mania for always having bottled water. I tend to drink tap water. I do like to have a bottle of San Pellegrino before bed but wouldn't have that if it wasn't included in the drink package.

On 5/10/2023 at 12:30 PM, antsp said:

With all the tech of the app, why not let you customise it before you board, it would save so much work 

Because, as we all know, Princess employs absolutely crack IT personnel and the app works soooooooooooooo well... 🤪

• Haha 1