Our flight doesn't leave MIA until 4pm on departure day. How long can we hang around on the ship before they kick us off? :)

Seekup

While on board you can pop the question -

Generally you should leave your cabin by 8 or so -

Sooner is appreciated -

You would be welcomed to go to the Buffet or any concession that is open -

Pay attention to any announcements - that NCL is getting tired of you -

Certainly after that you should leave -

When the uniform security officers come looking for you -

You have overstayed your welcome !

Most ships operate on a ZERO COUNT -

When Zero is reached plans for boarding the next cruise can commence.

If you are not off the ship timely - you are holding things up --- LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seekup said:

thanks!

You need to vacate your cabin by 8:00. All Ashore is around 9:00ish. They need to turn the ship and begin boarding the next cruise by 11:00. Catch a post-cruise shore ex ending at the airport.

There were multiple threads about delays in boarding this past Saturday because someone decided to "enjoy" the ship longer keeping a thousand people in the terminal waiting. People who want to play "hide and seek" should be put on the No-Cruise list and banned permanently. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, klfrodo said:

we always get a day room at a hotel near the airport. Allows you to store luggage, use the pool, lay out in the sun, catch a nap, shower before the flight,,,, whatever you want.

Not really worth it if your flight is at 4pm as you need to be at airport 2-3 hours before.

Our flight home from Miami usually is at around 5-7 pm, so we delay getting off ship, be one of the last crowd to get off ship, catch a cab to airport, check in (it’s an international flight), go thru TSA, find a nice eatery for leisurely lunch, catch up with emails, etc. Time passes quickly for us.

11 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

Remember that there is a large group of people waiting to get on the ship.

Of course. I'd never hold anyone up on their cruise. We've always been one of the first off of the ship to catch a flight or start driving, so I wasn't sure. Just planning our day!
And the 'kick us off' in my question, was just trying to be funny. But I can see where it sounds like we might push it too far. 

Edited by Seekup

27 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Not really worth it if your flight is at 4pm as you need to be at airport 2-3 hours before.

Our flight home from Miami usually is at around 5-7 pm, so we delay getting off ship, be one of the last crowd to get off ship, catch a cab to airport, check in (it’s an international flight), go thru TSA, find a nice eatery for leisurely lunch, catch up with emails, etc. Time passes quickly for us.

Thanks! Sounds like what we'll do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You need to vacate your cabin by 8:00. All Ashore is around 9:00ish. They need to turn the ship and begin boarding the next cruise by 11:00. Catch a post-cruise shore ex ending at the airport.

There were multiple threads about delays in boarding this past Saturday because someone decided to "enjoy" the ship longer keeping a thousand people in the terminal waiting. People who want to play "hide and seek" should be put on the No-Cruise list and banned permanently. 

People can be so selfish sometimes. Agree on the no-cruise list. And don't go on a cruise with 5,000 peeps if you can't play nice!

28 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Do people actually abide by this for domestic flights? We usually leave our house and are sitting at the gate in about 45 mins thanks to TSA pre check, and boarding begins about 15 mins after that.

As for Miami - there's a nice animal sanctuary not far from the port. In the before times we've reached out to them and made arrangements to store our luggage in their managers office while we toured through the park. Uber to the place, then Uber from there to the airport. Better than just sitting in an airport.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

if you are not checking bags at the airport and doing carry on only, you dont have to be there that early. i have tsa precheck with a carry on bag. i have no issues getting to the airport an hour before the flight

Edited by shof515

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

if you are not checking bags at the airport and doing carry on only, you dont have to be there that early. i have tsa precheck with a carry on bag. i have no issues getting to the airport an hour before the flight

There's no way my husband can cruise with only a carry on. 🤣

I once did a shore excursion of Everglades National Park via NCL.  Very fun.  Our luggage was held on the bus, and was dropped off at the airport for the afternoon flight.  Im pretty sure it was out of Miami

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Do people actually abide by this for domestic flights? We usually leave our house and are sitting at the gate in about 45 mins thanks to TSA pre check, and boarding begins about 15 mins after that.

Don't know. If your target is to arrive at the gate just before boarding, one blip and you're hosed.

I fly 2-3 times a month and understand the variability of the ebb and flow in an airport.

We flew out of Miami last week after a cruise and it took around 15 minutes from the time we entered the airport to the time our driver dropped us at the curb in front of the terminal. More traffic than normal,,, but contingency was factored into our flight time. That was after a 15-20 minute delay in the start of disembarkation for unspecified reasons (probably getting the ship connected to the CBP system so that  our one disembarkation facial scan on the gangway satisfied both NCL and CBP (i.e., no additional checks in the terminal))

Edited by BirdTravels

30 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I once did a shore excursion of Everglades National Park via NCL.  Very fun.  Our luggage was held on the bus, and was dropped off at the airport for the afternoon flight.  Im pretty sure it was out of Miami

Thanks for the heads-up. I remembered seeing that as one of the NCL excursions before. When we end up in Miami this coming November after our Viva TA, I'll make sure we get to go on this excursion. This time our flight home isn't until 7:35 pm.