Any time dining/room service Fantastica

Slyfox16

If you are in Fantastica, how difficult is it to get any time dining? The MSC rep, when we were booking the cruise, said it wasn't available at that time, but to keep checking. I am now realizing that it was not an option to begin with. Now I am wondering what type of breakfast you can order through room service, as that was supposedly a perk with Fantastica

Bella

and Fantastica experiences offer only fixed dining.  To get anytime you have to book Aurea.  But this only applies to dinner.  Breakfast is always open seating.

I never ordered room service on MSC but for Fantastica, delivery is free, and I believe continental breakfast is free, other items may have a charge.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

10 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

If you are in Fantastica, how difficult is it to get any time dining? The MSC rep, when we were booking the cruise, said it wasn't available at that time, but to keep checking. I am now realizing that it was not an option to begin with. Now I am wondering what type of breakfast you can order through room service, as that was supposedly a perk with Fantastica

Ah, the famous MSC Rep... was wrong, unfortunately.  Fantastica has fixed dining.

As far as breakfast room service - cold, continental items only.  Hot food (limited choices) will have a surcharge.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Bella

and Fantastica experiences offer only fixed dining.  To get anytime you have to book Aurea.  But this only applies to dinner.  Breakfast is always open seating.

I never ordered room service on MSC but for Fantastica, delivery is free, and I believe continental breakfast is free, other items may have a charge.  EM

You are correct!

I also took early dining and I believe they have 3 dining times 5:15, 6:15 and 7:15. You will not know which you have until you board. this a one big negative about MSC. We usually eat around 7:00 so if we get the 7:15 slot that would be great. If we get the earlier times will go to the dining room and try to get it changed..

20 hours ago, Luvtoeat said:

I also took early dining and I believe they have 3 dining times 5:15, 6:15 and 7:15. You will not know which you have until you board. this a one big negative about MSC. We usually eat around 7:00 so if we get the 7:15 slot that would be great. If we get the earlier times will go to the dining room and try to get it changed..

Sometimes 3 dining times, sometimes 2. Our most recent sailing had 2, 6.30pm and 9pm. I've seen 5.30pm, 7.30pm and 9.30pm. Or various combinations. It largely depends on the ship,  capacity and region. 

Only Aurea has Anytime dining. 

I pre-selected early dining for my current sailing on the Meraviglia and when I embarked yesterday, I was assigned an 8:30 dining time! They had signs everywhere onboard saying the early dining time was full, but since I am solo and willing to do a sharing table, they were able to get me into a 6:00 seating.

As for room service breakfast: coffee, tea, milk, juices, pastries, and cold items are available for free. There are some hot items available, but that is an upcharge of $7-9 iirc.

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I pre-selected early dining for my current sailing on the Meraviglia and when I embarked yesterday, I was assigned an 8:30 dining time! They had signs everywhere onboard saying the early dining time was full, but since I am solo and willing to do a sharing table, they were able to get me into a 6:00 seating.

As for room service breakfast: coffee, tea, milk, juices, pastries, and cold items are available for free. There are some hot items available, but that is an upcharge of $7-9 iirc.

Wow I hope they take into consideration that we have a 3 year old with us. 8:30 isnt good. Just about bedtime for her. 

thats really late for early dining.

is the dining time on your card when you get on?

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Wow I hope they take into consideration that we have a 3 year old with us. 8:30 isnt good. Just about bedtime for her. 

thats really late for early dining.

is the dining time on your card when you get on?

Yes, for most people, your dining time, dining room, and table is printed on your card, so you find out at embarkation. For some of the solo travelers on my cruise that embarked yesterday, they had "unassigned" printed on their cards and had to the dining room desks on Deck 6 to find out.