Uber or Lyft from Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach 7:00pm Saturday 4/29

suzyluvs2cruise

Curious if others have used either Uber or Lyft to go from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral area on a Saturday night....about 7pm and could share their experience. Is it easy to get picked up at the airport? I ask as sometimes it's hard to get a pickup if there isn't much return business for the driver. TIA....

5 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Curious if others have used either Uber or Lyft to go from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral area on a Saturday night....about 7pm and could share their experience. Is it easy to get picked up at the airport? I ask as sometimes it's hard to get a pickup if there isn't much return business for the driver. TIA....

Also check with Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cruise Control Transportation.  They do early evening runs too 

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

You can pre-book an Uber.  Did you check that pricing?

48 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

It won't allow pre-booking for that route per the website. 

I guess they must have stopped letting folks pre-reserve from the airport.  I have not used them but I have in the past priced getting a ride from the airport to my home in New Smyrna which is an hour away and have gotten price quotes.  I just looked at a private car service and it was pretty pricey at $202

At that time, there is not much return options from Cocoa back to Orlando area. Uber or Lyft could get expensive or drivers just not willing to haul the 45-minutes out there and nothing for the return. But, U/L have TONS of drivers in the area just because of everything going on. I had on Uber driver once that it is his full time job. He drives an hour each day to be there to work and makes a living out of it.