LIVE * Prima * April 30 – May 7, 2023 * Aft OS

HBCcruiser

Can anyone attest to the Wi-Fi availability and quality on the Prima? NCL sells the different packages (NOT cheap IMO) and I am not sure if there is a REAL difference between the Unlimited Wi-Fi and the Premium WiFI. Is it really that much different? 

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

A special thanks to @Sthrngary  for his fantastic Haven thread and butler letter suggestion. I did that last year and think it helped. Our butler asked if she could share it with our concierge, so this time I have printed out 2 copies – one for our butler and one for our concierge (along with nice tips for both). I also want to thank those who have done previous Prima Live reviews: Your threads were great sources of information and helped me plan this cruise. 

Although I was really,really tempted (thanks for your great LIVE @sid_9169) to book the Vibe when it opened for bookings, I did not. I figure other's will need that special adult only area more than we will.  NCL really needs to offer more 18+ areas with hot tubs/pools onboard. IMO THAT is the main reason why Haven pax book the Vibe. 

You definitely won't need the Vibe on the Prima if you are in the Haven. The Haven sundecks were NEVER crowded and the sundeck bar made plenty of great drinks, plus you could order food there from the Haven restaurant. The pool and hot tubs were never crowded either. Jealous! I miss being on the Prima!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Can anyone attest to the Wi-Fi availability and quality on the Prima? NCL sells the different packages (NOT cheap IMO) and I am not sure if there is a REAL difference between the Unlimited Wi-Fi and the Premium WiFI. Is it really that much different? 

I can attest to there being issues on the Prima with WiFi. I got the unlimited, DH had the "Free 150 minutes" or whatever it was. His 150 minutes - about 20 minutes of real online time. So get the unlimited--YOLO! I was glad I did. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I can attest to there being issues on the Prima with WiFi. I got the unlimited, DH had the "Free 150 minutes" or whatever it was. His 150 minutes - about 20 minutes of real online time. So get the unlimited--YOLO! I was glad I did. 

Were you able to upload photos? I know you did a nice Live review (thanks for that BTW) but curious if you had issues with uploads. 

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Were you able to upload photos? I know you did a nice Live review (thanks for that BTW) but curious if you had issues with uploads. 

You are very welcome. No, I don't remember there being a problem with uploading photos, just sometimes when the Internet was just being moody. It was not a big deal though.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

Does anyone remember/know where we go to add/change/delete dinner reservations when we board? Is there any possibility of doing it through the NCL mobile app?

You can call general NCL…they can can cancel. But to change it has to be available…so do a mock resv on the app. If you don’t see the time available you will need to do this onboard.  For some reason I believe Hasuki is where you alter dining.  

Edited by laudergayle
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I was able to do my live review on my old piece of junk Google Pixel II XL, and upload with ease on the unlimited plan (or, whatever plan comes with the FAS+) ... Meanwhile, JinxyB had trouble the entire time using a fairly modern iPhone... YMMV...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

-    Wine pump and stopper to keep our room wine fresh a champagne stopper too (just in case we don’t finish our bubbles in one setting). 

I find that hard to believe....

Definitely looking forward to tagging along. Not sure how packed your pre-cruise plans are, but if you think you'd have time for a pre-boarding drink you know how to get in touch with me 😉 

Very curious how hot the private hot tub will be. For your trip to Bermuda you'll be fine, but I'm thinking we'll be more frigid up in Iceland in September.

Your butler letter is similar to mine, but reading it over reminds me that I need to update mine to switch the cookies over to those brownies. They are to die for, so thanks for that tip last trip. I also want to add in the almond croissants too for when I forget to write them in on my breakfast card.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sailing12Away said:

I find that hard to believe....

Definitely looking forward to tagging along. Not sure how packed your pre-cruise plans are, but if you think you'd have time for a pre-boarding drink you know how to get in touch with me 😉 

Very curious how hot the private hot tub will be. For your trip to Bermuda you'll be fine, but I'm thinking we'll be more frigid up in Iceland in September.

Your butler letter is similar to mine, but reading it over reminds me that I need to update mine to switch the cookies over to those brownies. They are to die for, so thanks for that tip last trip. I also want to add in the almond croissants too for when I forget to write them in on my breakfast card.

We have friends picking us up at the airport then heading either to the city (if weather nice) or near Pelham where they live for drinks and dinner. I’ll text you where we land. They are a fun couple so more the merrier! 

the brownies….OMG YUM! I’m still dreaming about those… 

IMG_1077.thumb.jpeg.c777722727842e6036f8a5a554c71f79.jpeg

• Like 4

IMG_4105.jpeg.7a277d6a6ffab167abdb7355fd183c13.jpeg

The countdown has begun! I have a long work day today and a Board meeting Thursday night, then off on Friday. Friday is nails day and last minute house chores and packing day. We fly out of LAX early Saturday morning. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I know right? 😂 Yeh I will NOT be wearing any of them outside of the Haven. My DH would be hurt if I did not at least wear one of them. Perhaps just on our balcony. 

LOL...We are on that cruise in the Haven too....if I see you with your hat I will say hello.....:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quencups said:

LOL...We are on that cruise in the Haven too....if I see you with your hat I will say hello.....:)

Please do! There are quite a few "Haveners" on our FB group page. Are you on that? We should all get together for a drink or two. Also, there is a plan developing to have lunch in the Haven after the M&G. Can't wait to meet everyone! 

BTW - I grew up in Pennington, NJ. 😁

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Please do! There are quite a few "Haveners" on our FB group page. Are you on that? We should all get together for a drink or two. Also, there is a plan developing to have lunch in the Haven after the M&G. Can't wait to meet everyone! 

BTW - I grew up in Pennington, NJ. 😁

I think DD is on the FB group - she was talking about the pub crawl...LOL...can't wait to just Reeeelaaaaaxxxxx

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

A special thanks to @Sthrngary  for his fantastic Haven thread and butler letter suggestion. I did that last year and think it helped. Our butler asked if she could share it with our concierge, so this time I have printed out 2 copies – one for our butler and one for our concierge (along with nice tips for both). I also want to thank those who have done previous Prima Live reviews: Your threads were great sources of information and helped me plan this cruise. 

Although I was really,really tempted (thanks for your great LIVE @sid_9169) to book the Vibe when it opened for bookings, I did not. I figure other's will need that special adult only area more than we will.  NCL really needs to offer more 18+ areas with hot tubs/pools onboard. IMO THAT is the main reason why Haven pax book the Vibe. 

The vibe on this ship is absolutely beautiful.  For haven passengers, it’s a really easy way to get to the Haven without need to take an elevator down, walk over and then back up. The hot tubs in vibe are better located than the ones in haven.  We had a Haven penthouse for a Europe sailing and then 12928 for the TA. We loved the hot tub on our balcony in 12928 and used it regularly but never got a chance to use the hot tubs in Haven when we had the smaller penthouse room because they were so packed whenever we tried to use. We didn’t get vibe passes but was a little frustrated till I got the layout down that I’d see the Haven right there but had to go down and around to get back to my room. Have a wonderful time!

Btw- the television in master bedroom pulls out and can be moved to face bed. I didn’t realize that till the end of sailing and thought it was such a strange place to put a tv.  Also- there was no plug in for my hair straightener.. or a makeup mirror in 12928.  The butler found me a mirror and I used the plug in and table by the coffee maker to get ready. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

Also- there was no plug in for my hair straightener.. or a makeup mirror in 12928.

Is there no plug in the bathroom? The BEST makeup mirror I have had onboard was in the Discovery Princess Sky suite (amazing suite too). 

image.thumb.jpeg.9a9838ef613451ea614ea85b74f6206f.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser

18 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

As much as I hate that my DH has to travel so much for work, I do love the perks he gets. We just got our flight upgraded! 

IMG_4106.thumb.jpeg.5e154b1155cc8e7a56c9b8ff6fb92b19.jpeg

Liv in’ the good life.  Cheers🥂. Happy our flight in coach is only 2 hours in an Exit Row seat.  And…into LGA…our preferred a airport.  See you onboard.  Wear your hat to M&G do we can “spot” you 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1