How do you get someone on the phone at Oceania?

lborne

We've called several times and once held for more than 2 hours.  No estimated hold time is mentioned, nor is there a callback option.  Maybe we should go through a TA instead of calling Oceania directly?

• Like 1

I got a human who then transferred me to Guest relations where I got a recording with option for callback. That was Friday morning.  It's now Monday 1:30. Gave up waiting for my callback.

39 minutes ago, lborne said:

We've called several times and once held for more than 2 hours.  No estimated hold time is mentioned, nor is there a callback option.  Maybe we should go through a TA instead of calling Oceania directly?

Do you have a TA that you use?

If you are trying to book something  go through the motions then make sure you add your phone number  then they will call you

Mondays are probably busy  but also people checking on the new sale   it could be  very busy

Just guessing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lborne said:

There was a call back option when I tried them last week and got a call back within 20 minutes.

If you are interested in booking, I would use a TA. There are often extra perks (OBC, prepaid grats, etc.) available through TA that are not available when booking directly. Plus, it never takes my TA more than 30 seconds (I've watched a few times recently) to talk to a real person.

• Like 1

I called on Saturday about noon Pacific time.  I was on hold for 20 minutes before someone answered, and THEN they informed me they couldn't help me and transferred me to another agent.  Waited another few minutes.  I have a TA, but my issue had to be addressed directly with Oceania.  Total time to resolve my issue was over 30 minutes.

I've tried to call the same O rep who made my 2022 bookings, making sure to get her (initials "MP") extension and using it. Called her last Monday (17th) right at 0930, the stated start of her work day. I might've been 2nd to call. I chose to wait. Took about 20 minutes on hold and then she came on the line.

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I use only one rep at O. always email him and tell him what I need. He has told me numerous times that he reads emails even when on the phone.

Hopefully O is this busy because of all the sales they are doing. 

I have one guy I’ve worked with for years - sometimes to book with when new itineraries roll out (and then transfer it to a TA) and always for tours (never use the O cart - too glitchy). I’ve got his email and phone extension. I also have the emails and phone extensions of several other long-serving O phone reps (and O Club Ambassadors).

For the O phone reps, I seldom have to wait for a reply.

• Like 1

I am sure everyone has spent minutes to hours on Hold and it is frustrating. Last week I had to call twice, spent about 45+ minutes on Hold and in the conversation with my Representative she advised me it has been VERY busy with the SALE. She had just checked and there were 51 calls on Hold. 

If you have a TA, let them sit in the queue, if it’s you calling,  maybe try calling at varying times of the day. They have call centers in Miami and in Omaha so don’t get frustrated, just put your call on a Speakerphone and go about your business. 
🤪🤬😇👍🤙

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

I am sure everyone has spent minutes to hours on Hold and it is frustrating. Last week I had to call twice, spent about 45+ minutes on Hold and in the conversation with my Representative she advised me it has been VERY busy with the SALE. She had just checked and there were 51 calls on Hold. 

If you have a TA, let them sit in the queue, if it’s you calling,  maybe try calling at varying times of the day. They have call centers in Miami and in Omaha so don’t get frustrated, just put your call on a Speakerphone and go about your business. 
🤪🤬😇👍🤙

Mauibabes

Right now, you can set an O “call back” if there’s a long wait and you prefer to handle your current pressing business that way. I do know that this “ES” sale has backed up both customer calls and TA calls to O. Last Monday, the backup was 70 calls waiting when I sent an email to my O contact about a tour cancellation and got a response w/i 2-3 minutes. Just like the “right” TA, the “right” customer can get through to O when the situation requires it.

Even with a great regular TA, it’s always good to have the ability to make a direct connection with key O staff in those departments that can quickly fix a FUBAR particularly if your TA is not readily available for a time-sensitive item or is running into some uncertainty with his/her own O contact(s).

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation floating around this sale. So, caveat emptor.

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

... Even with a great regular TA, it’s always good to have the ability to make a direct connection with key O staff in those departments that can quickly fix a FUBAR....

I try to use the same O contact each time when I contact O. Get to know the person. Get their extension, their e-mail and know their hours. Things seem to work better if you can develop some long-term relationship with a live warm body you know over time. 

53 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

I try to use the same O contact each time when I contact O. Get to know the person. Get their extension, their e-mail and know their hours. Things seem to work better if you can develop some long-term relationship with a live warm body you know over time. 

Absolutely. Folks who just love their TA (and may be right to do so) to the exclusion of having one or more O contacts (if for no other reason than verifying info or otherwise having a Plan B in what are volatile times for the cruise industry) are shortsighted.

21 hours ago, temerarious said:

I called on Saturday about noon Pacific time.  I was on hold for 20 minutes before someone answered, and THEN they informed me they couldn't help me and transferred me to another agent.  Waited another few minutes.  I have a TA, but my issue had to be addressed directly with Oceania.  Total time to resolve my issue was over 30 minutes.

Not sure what can't be taken care of by a TA. Mine takes care of everything for us from adding a mattress pad to water for CPAP machines to dining reservations. If you are talking about an online agency, those are not real travel agents. 

• Like 2