Will NCL honor lower prices after final payment?

Married90

15 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

the FCC you receive will take effect the day after you disembark from your July cruise.

That's what they say.  The FCC never showed up in my latitudes account.  I called my  TA after a month and she was able to apply it to my next cruise.  Other than the email from NCL to my TA notifying her of the FCC, I never saw a thing from NCL.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

That's what they say.  The FCC never showed up in my latitudes account.  I called my  TA after a month and she was able to apply it to my next cruise.  Other than the email from NCL to my TA notifying her of the FCC, I never saw a thing from NCL.

No, it doesn't show when you go to your MyNCL account.  Only visible to a TA or NCL rep.  Your TA should have forwarded the notification letter to you.  I book through NCL, so all correspondence comes directly to me.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

No, it doesn't show when you go to your MyNCL account.  Only visible to a TA or NCL rep.  Your TA should have forwarded the notification letter to you.  I book through NCL, so all correspondence comes directly to me.

My TA did forward the notification letter to me.

Multiple posters have insisted that the FCC has shown up in the coupons section of  your Latitudes account.  Mine never did.

10 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

My TA did forward the notification letter to me.

Multiple posters have insisted that the FCC has shown up in the coupons section of  your Latitudes account.  Mine never did.

And multiple posters, including me, have said just the opposite.  

• Like 1

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

Since a lot are saying that it will show up there, it is useful for us that know otherwide to correct that impression.

The FCC that I got when my cruise was cancelled did appear in my account.  That FCC was available to use for anything cruise related, could be transferred, etc.  When it is used, it is reflected as a payment on your statement.

The FCC for a price drop can only be used as an offset for cruise fare and cannot be transferred.  Which is why, I would assume, that it has to be applied by a TA or NCL rep.  When it is used, it is reflected as a discount (sometimes noted, sometimes not) against the cruise fare on your statement.

Just like there are different types of OBC, there are also different types of FCC and the rules are different. So yea, people may see FCC in their account.  It depends on the source.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got an Alaska cruise coming up in September. Final payment is due next week.  When I last called NCL, prices hadn't changed yet. Since I don't seem to have a dedicated CC to speak with at NCL, not sure how I'll be able to find out if there is any price charge other than to periodically call and check. 

The last time I had a price reduction after final payment  I got an OBC for the difference. Are FCC the way it's done now?

1 hour ago, cb2367 said:

I've got an Alaska cruise coming up in September. Final payment is due next week.  When I last called NCL, prices hadn't changed yet. Since I don't seem to have a dedicated CC to speak with at NCL, not sure how I'll be able to find out if there is any price charge other than to periodically call and check. 

The last time I had a price reduction after final payment  I got an OBC for the difference. Are FCC the way it's done now?

FCC only.  Incentive to spend more money by booking another cruise.

No need to call anyone to check prices.  Just go online and look, although after final payment due date you can only look, you can't put anything on hold.

6 hours ago, julig22 said:

FCC only.  Incentive to spend more money by booking another cruise.

No need to call anyone to check prices.  Just go online and look, although after final payment due date you can only look, you can't put anything on hold.

The NCL website from what I've seen only shows prices for inside and above. Knowing now that the price difference is done via a FCC then considering I've already got an existing FCC to use within the next couple of years, I'm not sure if I need yet another one to use up in a certain period.

2 hours ago, cb2367 said:

The NCL website from what I've seen only shows prices for inside and above.

What other cabins are there to see?

I was booked in a Studio for my cruise in March, just before FP I checked the price online and found it had gone down $100, so I called, got the new price and made my FP.

Edited by hallux

4 hours ago, cb2367 said:

The NCL website from what I've seen only shows prices for inside and above. Knowing now that the price difference is done via a FCC then considering I've already got an existing FCC to use within the next couple of years, I'm not sure if I need yet another one to use up in a certain period.

What are you trying to say?  If you are before final payment then you get cash back if you've already paid, a reduced invoice amount if you have yet to pay.  The FCC is only if the price goes down after final payment and it's a COURTESY, not an obligation on the part of NCL.

If prices for what you booked aren't showing then it means that it's sold out and therefore no price drop.

I was one of the posters that was curious others saw their FCC in their NCL account. Well...guess what! On Friday, for some reason, it magically appeared in my NCL account. Maybe NCL deciphered who I am on Cruise Critic and decided to make it weird (I know, I'm not actually that important). 

Anyway, lookie what I see on my NCL account now! 

image.png.1d5ee187c8c6bd84093eb64e1ea31373.png

Inconsistency for the win!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I was one of the posters that was curious others saw their FCC in their NCL account. Well...guess what! On Friday, for some reason, it magically appeared in my NCL account. Maybe NCL deciphered who I am on Cruise Critic and decided to make it weird (I know, I'm not actually that important). 

Anyway, lookie what I see on my NCL account now! 

image.png.1d5ee187c8c6bd84093eb64e1ea31373.png

Inconsistency for the win!!!

Wow.....I hope this is a change they made for everyone to see it.   I have none left so I cannot look on my account.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Wow.....I hope this is a change they made for everyone to see it.   I have none left so I cannot look on my account.  

Well, they had planned downtime of the site over the weekend so maybe that's something they included...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been advised by NCL that once I return from my next cruise I will receive a $500 FCC because if a price drop. Does anyone know what I can use it for?  For example can I apply it to an existing booking, can it be used to cover the port fees and taxes or can I use it towards gratuities? 

On 5/8/2023 at 9:10 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Maybe NCL deciphered who I am on Cruise Critic and decided to make it weird (I know, I'm not actually that important). 

LMAO! You never cease to make me laugh.  Here's to NCL making it "weird"!🥂   

26 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

I have been advised by NCL that once I return from my next cruise I will receive a $500 FCC because if a price drop. Does anyone know what I can use it for?  For example can I apply it to an existing booking, can it be used to cover the port fees and taxes or can I use it towards gratuities? 

I was able to apply my FCC to an existing reservation once I returned from the cruise that had the price drop. I had already talked to an NCL agent about it and he told me to email him once I returned. He sent out a new confirmation same day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

Mine was applied to an existing booking to reduce the fare.  IOW, no need to fret about  how to spend the FCC.

• Like 1

I am about to book another NCL cruise, partly because I have the FCC to spend! 
I wonder if anyone has been successful in asking for price drop difference, if they booked through a travel agent and not directly with NCL?

I am quite keen on what my travel agent has on offer, in the way of a package, and they have agreed to ask NCL once regarding this but I just wanted to check if anyone has experience of this and what the outcome was. 

@ConnieTact your rules in the UK are different than those here in the US.  Your TA would have to make the request for the price adjustment, but in the UK I seem t recall people incurring fees for such a request before final payment (I'm not sure of they're successful after).

1 minute ago, hallux said:

@ConnieTact your rules in the UK are different than those here in the US.  Your TA would have to make the request for the price adjustment, but in the UK I seem t recall people incurring fees for such a request before final payment (I'm not sure of they're successful after).

Thanks Hallux. Hopefully someone from U.K. may be along with some advice. 
I was very happy to receive the FCC after full payment on my last cruise but just wondered how likely this is to happen if I booked in a non direct way.

I know the phone lines say if you booked through a TA you need to go through them. Whereas I got through straight away on the phone, when I booked directly.

they said they would have to write a request to the correct department and I would hear the result in around a week. I did hear from the EU Helpdesk, just a few days later. 

On 5/26/2023 at 5:00 PM, ConnieTact said:

I am about to book another NCL cruise, partly because I have the FCC to spend! 
I wonder if anyone has been successful in asking for price drop difference, if they booked through a travel agent and not directly with NCL?

I am quite keen on what my travel agent has on offer, in the way of a package, and they have agreed to ask NCL once regarding this but I just wanted to check if anyone has experience of this and what the outcome was. 

Should have another $100 dropped into your account from drinkgate.

Good time to book with the FAS 50% offer.

Trying to find a suitable cruise.