Will NCL honor lower prices after final payment?

Married90

I just saw that the exact category cabin I have book on our May cruise  is now over $300 P/P less then it was when we booked with all the same "free at sea" amenities.   Will NCL honor a refund, on board credit, FCC, etc. on the price change?   Of course we are long since final payment was made...   

The latest offer is FCC for the difference to be used within a year of your cruise date.  Its not an official policy so you could be told no if you reach the wrong rep.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 2

We just received a $2k FCC when our cruise price went down after final payment. When my DW called they said they would send a request (to who I am not sure) and we would receive an email if it was a successful request. We got an email confirming about 3-4 days later. The cruise had to be booked and sailed within 12 months. Some members have reported success and others not. Always worth a try.

I spotted a fare reduction of $1500 on our last cruise after final payment.  My TA checked with NCL and was told that there was no price reductioin, my cabin category was sold out.  I told the TA to get with NCL and tell them to check their website which showed the category wasn't sold out.  A few  hours later, NCL granted the FCC.  You don't get the FCC until after  you complete the cruise with the price drop and you have to stay on NCL's butt to get them to actually apply the FCC.

We also rcvd the FCC about 4 weeks before our cruise sailed.  I called and a rep helped me , long call, had to put me on hold to get approval.    We also had to book and sail withing 12 months.  There were 2 of us on the reservation.  FCC was $1500 and they divided it between the 2 of us.   

12 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

The latest offer is FCC for the difference to be used within a year of your cruise date.  Its not an official policy so you could be told no if you reach the wrong rep.  

I actually believe that it is now an official policy - as below is the reply I received from my PCC at NCL yesterday when I by e-mail asked for the possibility of FCC in regards to a significant price drop for my upcoming cruise in a few months:

Quote: I can send the request to our Price Drop team for them to look into and determine if it is applicable.  Keep in mind, this can only be done one time, so it is up to you if you want me to send that request now or wait and see what the pricing does as we get closer to the sailing.  This request can be sent in all the way up until 16 days out from the sailing. End of quote.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The easiest & best way for me is a paid upgrade, I have had this for just $10 in the past for inside to balcony.
I lost the additional latitude points though, on booking it was 1 extra point, on the date of upgrade it was 2 extra points but I got neither, just the normal single point per night. Nothing else was lost as the offers were the same.

Edited by ziggyuk

Sailed the Joy last July to Bermuda . After paid in full called PCC about month before cruise . He sent request to price drop team received email within week stating i would be getting a $900 FCC .  I used that for cruise this July on Joy again . I will be calling this June again for this years cruise 

3 hours ago, robinium said:

How does one go about asking for this on the phone to NCL? How do you tend to approach it? We’re in a situation where there’s been a drop of around $500 per head so we wouldn’t mind getting a $1000 FCC

Just call NCL.  Tell them the facts, which cruise, your reservation number, and that you've observed a price drop on their website.  Ask for FCC.

• Like 1

Do you have one year from the sail date to complete the cruise with FCC? I usually sail approximately the same two weeks every years so I was wondering if I got FCC from my current cruise, could I use it on my usual cruise the next year or if it would expire before then.

Edited by prov2727

There is no down side to NCL to offer a FCC after final payment. It's a win-win for them. They get to keep the money you paid and by issuing a future cruise credit, that pretty much assures more money in their pocket when you book another cruise in the future.

This happened to us last November when the price dropped a total of $1,200 after final payment. We probably wouldn't have booked another cruise so soon, but the $1,200 credit sucked us in.

3 hours ago, prov2727 said:

Do you have one year from the sail date to complete the cruise with FCC? I usually sail approximately the same two weeks every years so I was wondering if I got FCC from my current cruise, could I use it on my usual cruise the next year or if it would expire before then.

Need to check with NCL but you might have to cruise a couple of weeks earlier.

1 minute ago, sportscruiser said:

Can you apply the FCC towards payment on a future cruise that's already booked?

Yes, I just did.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 9:46 PM, Liljo22 said:

Interestingly it is official policy.
I just called my PCC to ask if it was allowed in the UK, you may know we can't cancel and rebook before final payment or we forfeit our deposit so I suspected we could not get a FCC after final payment either.
To my surprise he said we could, in the past we have only upgraded to take advantage of a price drop but on this cruise we will get 40 latitude points which we don't want to lose.
I say it is official policy as he brought up the terms and conditions and was reading them out from his screen, things not in the last few days (seven I think he said) & one time etc etc.
I don't know for sure what I will get yet but he has sent the email and said he would let me know the amount in the next few days.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

There is no down side to NCL to offer a FCC after final payment. It's a win-win for them. They get to keep the money you paid and by issuing a future cruise credit, that pretty much assures more money in their pocket when you book another cruise in the future.

This happened to us last November when the price dropped a total of $1,200 after final payment. We probably wouldn't have booked another cruise so soon, but the $1,200 credit sucked us in.

I agree....there is no down side for NCL.  We ended up taking a second cruise last year just to use the FCC that we had no intention of taking.   

Our price dropped by $2k after final payment but because we had 2 kids with us we got nothing. They said it was because the promotion was different. We tried again when the promotion was the same and were told it was out of the date range (whatever that meant). They finally upgraded us after our TA kept calling and calling.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I was turned down despite my pcc thinking I would get it, apparently not available with a guarantee category.

Oh that's disappointing, I'm booked on a guaranteed category and my price has dropped from $1400 to $600.

• Like 1

I phoned NCL yesterday and gave them details of booking. They said they would get back to me and sure enough in just 24 hours I had an email to offer me just under £400 in FCC, in total for my booking for two. 
I wasn’t planning on sailing with NCL again in the next 12 months but as a result I probably will! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

I phoned NCL yesterday and gave them details of booking. They said they would get back to me and sure enough in just 24 hours I had an email to offer me just under £400 in FCC, in total for my booking for two. 
I wasn’t planning on sailing with NCL again in the next 12 months but as a result I probably will! 

So you got this in the UK ? 

Did you have a guarantee cabin ?

9 minutes ago, gregluk said:

So you got this in the UK ? 

Did you have a guarantee cabin ?

I am in the U.K. yes. I didn’t have a guarantee stateroom though. I chose my cabin so I could get midship. It didn’t cost that much more.