bermuda island tours

brnsofia

40 minutes ago, brnsofia said:

anyone use this tour company? trying to figure out how to get to crystal caves and maybe a bit of tour of island. anyone use these guys?

I have no knowledge of that tour operator but you certainly don't need a tour to go to Crystal Caves. It's easy to by some combination of bus/ferry/taxi...the exact routing based on where you're docked and your personal transportation preferences.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brnsofia said:

anyone use this tour company? trying to figure out how to get to crystal caves and maybe a bit of tour of island. anyone use these guys?

I have not used them personally.  However, I have used the public bus to get to the caves.  We did the aquarium/zoo in the morning and the caves in the afternoon.  Walked across the street from the caves and up the hill to have dinner and drinks at the Swizzle Inn.  You see so much of the island taking public buses.  The only thing you won't get is the narration that some tour companies provide.  BTW - public transportation on Bermuda is very easy and safe!

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 7:43 PM, outbackpaul said:

I’ve used Bermuda Byways island tour twice now.  Heidi is excellent tour guide and a 6th generation Bermudian.

I can not find a website or any information about them

I’ve used Bermuda Byways island tour twice now.  Heidi is excellent tour guide and a 6th generation Bermudian.

Thanks for this info. We may schedule this in June.

Thank you for this information.  We booked Heidi for a TA this fall.   She was quick to respond and described a fun and full day.    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Thank you for this information.  We booked Heidi for a TA this fall.   She was quick to respond and described a fun and full day.    

Tour starts at 9 and lasts till between 3-4pm.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Alex618 said:

I have sent two emails with no response for next May.  Any advice on how to reach Heidi?

I've always gotten a response the next morning. If it's been a couple of days.. try her Facebook page and message her there.

1 minute ago, outbackpaul said:

I've always gotten a response the next morning. If it's been a couple of days.. try her Facebook page and message her there.

Facebook page under Bermuda byway tours?  Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 7/28/2023 at 8:05 AM, outbackpaul said:

Yeah. Can't put the link here.

Just an FYI that you absolutely CAN post a link to a tour operator's Facebook presence....it is only ROLL CALLS on FB that cannot be posted.

That said, I've personally taken Heidi's full day tour and I'll tell you it was a very long day!  I know (from following her on FB) that she has just lost her beloved pup Buddy, who traveled with her on every single tour so she may be delayed in responding.

6 minutes ago, LauraS said:

Just an FYI that you absolutely CAN post a link to a tour operator's Facebook presence....it is only ROLL CALLS on FB that cannot be posted.

That said, I've personally taken Heidi's full day tour and I'll tell you it was a very long day!  I know (from following her on FB) that she has just lost her beloved pup Buddy, who traveled with her on every single tour so she may be delayed in responding.

Is Heidi’s tour good or would you suggest someone else?

9 minutes ago, LauraS said:

Ok, good to know.  I had seen people talking about getting into trouble for posting links in the past. I didn't know it was specific to roll calls.  Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, sad to hear about Buddy.

20 hours ago, LauraS said:

Sorry to hear about Buddy. The tour is long but doesn't she still include lunch? 

It is pretty easy to do a private taxi tour with a driver who has had a Blue Flag guide course. You can pre arrange or find drivers at the port. They have a 3 hour minimium and youb can direct them to what you intersted in. I don't make recommendations any more because the drivers I knew were good have died or retired. There are plenty of replacements but I don't want to say a name about a driver I know nothing about.

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Sorry to hear about Buddy. The tour is long but doesn't she still include lunch? 

It is pretty easy to do a private taxi tour with a driver who has had a Blue Flag guide course. You can pre arrange or find drivers at the port. They have a 3 hour minimium and youb can direct them to what you intersted in. I don't make recommendations any more because the drivers I knew were good have died or retired. There are plenty of replacements but I don't want to say a name about a driver I know nothing about.

Heidi still includes lunch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, LauraS said:

Sad to read as we are touring with Heidi in November and I had just last week sent her an email with a quick response.   

I know you mentioned a very long day but was it a good long day?  🙂

• 3 weeks later...