No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

I could take or leave Veuve, but I would like to get a nicer champagne option in exchange.  It was a selling point. Just like macallan quest and enigma. If I have them say sorry we can't serve you that as we are saving it for tasting flights... I will get very upset and have a chat with the bev manager.  

• Like 2

I wonder about how they put the tiers together.  Screwball ($25) is on the plus package and yet Johnnie Black and Chivas which cost more are on the regular.  I’m sure there are other examples but this one stuck out to me. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, tjc78 said:

I wonder about how they put the tiers together.  Screwball ($25) is on the plus package and yet Johnnie Black and Chivas which cost more are on the regular.  I’m sure there are other examples but this one stuck out to me. 

I agree, kind of screwy

• Haha 2

At this moment I am very disappointed that my purchase of the Premium Plus package is no longer what I thought it was.

I am willing to give the Pommery a go as I have never tried it before. Hopefully it won't disappoint. I like Moet a lot and really dislike Mumm. The wine list in general doesn't inspire me much. I enjoy a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc so hopefully there will be some Australia and New Zealand wines to enjoy.

My after dinner / nightcap is a single malt Scotch Whisky. I hope there will be some choice there as I don't drink Bourbon at all.

Right now I am feeling quite disappointed with what I was previously quite excited about. I have a few months until I sail on the Prima for things to change even more and 2 months to final payment so I still have the choice to cancel. I can keep my money in my account and see how things are in a couple of years time as I prefer to sail NCL if I can.  Things can get better I hope.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mypleasure said:

At this moment I am very disappointed that my purchase of the Premium Plus package is no longer what I thought it was.

Then cancel the upgrade and drink “regular” booze like 97% of the other passengers onboard. You can use the money you saved to buy an upgraded drink a few times during the cruise. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2023 at 10:40 AM, sjacobs11 said:

This is really not right. We paid based on marketing that showed Veuve prominently (still does).

On 4/27/2023 at 11:36 PM, singleflyer said:

Veuve is still in the image for the Plus package, though no longer listed on the long list of drinks.

"free at sea" dining is routinely illustrated by NCL with an image of a filet mignon and a lobster tail.

yet lobster is not available anywhere on the ship for "free," except in the haven.

I was considering upgrading to Free at Sea PLUS.  Honestly losing Veuve isn't the end of the world for me, but it makes me pause and wonder what else could change between now and my cruise to devalue the upgrade.  I'll probably just stick to the standard Free at Sea.  Not willing to gamble my $300 to upgrade and just have it further devalued.  

This will be my first NCL cruise and I'm already feeling distrustful of the company.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Then cancel the upgrade and drink “regular” booze like 97% of the other passengers onboard. You can use the money you saved to buy an upgraded drink a few times during the cruise. 

Yes you are absolutely right except I am not a booze drinker. I enjoy 2 to 3 quality drinks each evening no more than that. If I cancel my package I will be absolutely fine without booze and my husband will happily pay for any beer he might wish to try as he only drinks beer and soft drinks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rather be in Hawaii said:

Good point. It was promised at our booking but now I’m really wondering if the “such as” will be the loophole for the change. 

"Such as" suggests a comparable replacement. Not sure Pommery Rose is.

3 hours ago, rather be in Hawaii said:

I will be on the getaway on Monday 😊

So lucky!  Hope you have a wonderful cruise.  If you get a chance, let us know the situation. Though I don't go until December, and it will probably change multiple times before then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mypleasure said:

I am willing to give the Pommery a go as I have never tried it before. Hopefully it won't disappoint. I like Moet a lot and really dislike Mumm. The wine list in general doesn't inspire me much. I enjoy a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc so hopefully there will be some Australia and New Zealand wines to enjoy.

My after dinner / nightcap is a single malt Scotch Whisky. I hope there will be some choice there as I don't drink Bourbon at all.

Right now I am feeling quite disappointed with what I was previously quite excited about. I have a few months until I sail on the Prima for things to change even more and 2 months to final payment so I still have the choice to cancel. I can keep my money in my account and see how things are in a couple of years time as I prefer to sail NCL if I can.  Things can get better I hope.

Yes, those of us who upgraded to PPBP early feel cheated by the new list. I understand they are trying to cut corners and make a profit, but don't screw your loyal customers who booked early.  Throw us a bone or two (and not just Crown Royal being included in the regular package -- give us more than one champagne option at least).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, singleflyer said:

I'll probably just stick to the standard Free at Sea.  Not willing to gamble my $300 to upgrade and just have it further devalued.  

This will be my first NCL cruise and I'm already feeling distrustful of the company.

Though customer service isn't their strong point (to say the least), you will love cruising with NCL. We have sailed with Princess and HAL, which are also very good, but NCL is really our favorite.  We keep coming back even when disappointed (like the devalued PPBP). The good far outweighs the negative.

• Like 1

I don’t understand what some people feel calling customer service is going to get them.  It sounds like the ships will not have Veuve on board.  Not that they have it and just won’t give it to you.  Do you expert them to bring aboard a case just for you?  Don’t get me wrong, I love Veuve too, and we always upgrade our package, but also for the upgraded bourbons and gins.  

7 minutes ago, Shidah said:

I don’t understand what some people feel calling customer service is going to get them.  It sounds like the ships will not have Veuve on board.  Not that they have it and just won’t give it to you.  Do you expert them to bring aboard a case just for you?  Don’t get me wrong, I love Veuve too, and we always upgrade our package, but also for the upgraded bourbons and gins.  

What I expect is to have an alternative 

• Like 5

With recent change in NCL management, I wonder what other changes they have in mind.

It always feels like a quiet, middle of the night kind of change.

Many do not realize the changes until they are onboard and what was offered at booking, no longer applies.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, phissy said:

With recent change in NCL management, I wonder what other changes they have in mind.

It always feels like a quiet, middle of the night kind of change.

Many do not realize the changes until they are onboard and what was offered at booking, no longer applies.

I’m attending the stockholders call Monday morning to see what changes are in store and will report back. It was too late to ask about the beverage package changes but a question I posted before that was upvoted to the top four. I asked what steps would be implemented to improve customer service in light of the copious amount of complaints online. Ironically, had no idea I’d be one of those online complainers at the time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Shidah said:

Do you realize in the grand scheme of life how trivial this is?  It is hard to read this thread and not laugh at loud at the sense of entitlement.  

Glad people amuse you.  This is just how we feel. True it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things... But bait and switch or change of terms after we have bought in is annoying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shidah said:

Do you realize in the grand scheme of life how trivial this is?  It is hard to read this thread and not laugh at loud at the sense of entitlement.  

Getting what you paid for is entitlement. What a rediculous comment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shidah said:

People can spend $1000+ for the upgrade, having a key component of that upgrade taken away isn't that trivial. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1