Verifly?

Ineke

We got a notice today stating “ Speed things up at your embarkation”, and telling me to download the Verifly app and complete it before embarkation. We already have completed our Check-In  with the exception of the photograph to be used for facial recognition, which we are not having much luck with. I’m not sure what it is talking about. Can someone clarify? We’re not flying, just driving down.

VeriFLY is an app that pre-verifies some of your check-in data. It was more useful when we had to present vaccination cards and recent COVID tests showing negative. It’s not needed now. 

I had some difficulty getting my picture right for the check-in. Mostly couldn’t get it framed well in a selfie. Finally I just took a picture, had it in my photos, opened it, edited it to reframe it, then could upload it easily from photos. 
m—

• Like 1

There was no need for Verifly in Barcelona or San Diego when I did the two cruises.  I think it is handy IF you are on a cruise with the special protocols and testing is required.  Otherwise, not.

• Like 2

I got the Verify email for our upcoming Alaska cruise. Decided to not go through it as it seems unnecessary for this cruise and we have already checked in with photo, etc. Seems like just another place to put personal information that really is not needed. 
We keep our vax cards with our passports anyway so if anyone wants to see them we'll have them.

• Like 1

The VeriFLY app is difficult to use.  We have sailed on Celebrity, Royal, Princess and Azamara since the end of the pandemic.  The VeriFLY app was the most difficult to use.  Hopefully, Holland will get this fixed.  I wish they would get their instructions co-ordinated.  Holland instructions told us that we would not need COVID vacination information.  VeriFLY wanted us to download a portion of our COVID card data.

On 4/29/2023 at 6:46 AM, TriumphGuy said:

I got the Verify email for our upcoming Alaska cruise. Decided to not go through it as it seems unnecessary for this cruise and we have already checked in with photo, etc. Seems like just another place to put personal information that really is not needed. 
We keep our vax cards with our passports anyway so if anyone wants to see them we'll have them.

I too am going to Alaska on HAL May 6th and got that email. I wrote my PCC but I think it is just going out to all HAL cruisers around the world.  It MAY be useful in some countries but not out of San Diego/Seattle .  I was told in San Diego last fall they dont use it anymore.