Classic Beverage Package - upgrade question

PumpkinPatches

Good Morning,

I have the Classic package (as we all do) on my next cruise.  I'm trying to figure out if upgrading is worth it for me.

Are specialty coffees not included in the classic package?

This is copied and pasted from my cruise planner (see below).  Note that the zero proof items are listed in the premium package but not the classic.

What's Included (Classic package)

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • Whiskeys: Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s VO
  • Rums: Bacardi, Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew
  • Tequilas: Don Julio Blanco, Teremana Blanco
  • Beers: Alaska Brewing beers on Alaska sailings. Coors Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Strongbow hard ciders, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra
  • Gins: Beefeater, Gordon’s, Praire Gin
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Licor 43, Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia

What's Included (Premium package)
  • Gins: Bombay Sapphire, Hendrick’s, Plymouth, Star of Bombay, Tanqueray, Gunpowder
  • Rums: Bacardi 8 Años, Brugal, Flor de Caña, Pyrat XO, Zacapa 23, Bumbu Rum
  • Tequilas: Cazadores Reposado, Patrón Reposado, Patrón Silver, Ghost Tequila, Don Julio Reposado, Teremana Reposado
  • Vodkas: Belvedere, Chopin, Christiania, Cîroc Snap Frost & Flavors, Grey Goose, Ketel One & Botanicals, Pearl, Reyka
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Baileys Irish Cream, Chambord, Cointreau, Courvousier VSOP, Disarronno amaretto, Drambuie, Godiva, Remy Martin VSOP, St-Germain, Disarronno Velvet, Aperol
  • Cocktails: Craft cocktails, large martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits
  • Champagnes and favorite wines such as Conundrum White and Red Blends , Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon , J&H Selbach Riesling Kabine, Mouton Cadet Bordeaux Blend, and Edmeades Zinfandel
  • Beers: Anchor Steam, Blue Moon, Blue Moon Haze, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Grolsch, Guinness, Kronenbourg 1664, La Fin du Monde, Lagunitas Ale, Leffe Blonde Rogue, Peroni, Sapporo, Sierra Nevada, Stella Artois, Terrapin Luau, Topo Chico Seltzer
  • Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen
  • Whiskeys: Aberfeldy 12, Bulleit Bourbon, Chivas Regal 12, Dewar’s 12, Gentleman Jack, The Glenlivet, Jack Daniel’s Black, Jack Daniel’s Rye, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Double Black, The Macallan Lumina, The Macallan Quest, Maker’s Mark, Rittenhouse Rye, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve

7 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

Here's another list of what's included that does specify specialty coffees and other zero beverages.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

Ahh there it is!  Thank you.  The information they provide online is a little inconsistent.

14 minutes ago, PumpkinPatches said:

Ahh there it is!  Thank you.  The information they provide online is a little inconsistent.

the info on line vs the ship is very inconsistent    With supply and production issues still affecting not only cruises but everywhere, the info is just a guide.  Many times found different wines beers liquors not even mentioned on the menus.  

9 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

the info on line vs the ship is very inconsistent    With supply and production issues still affecting not only cruises but everywhere, the info is just a guide.  Many times found different wines beers liquors not even mentioned on the menus.  

Yes that's true, if I relied on the list on cruise planner I would see that premium coffees are included in the premium package but not in classic.  So I might have upgraded for $350 CAD based on misleading information, and it could have been a total waste of $ because I already had everything I needed with the classic.

For me, the specialty coffee thing would be a deciding factor on whether or not to upgrade.  Some cruise lines like NCL don't include specialty coffees in the basic drink package so I'm sure alot of people look for this as well. I just don't get why they took the time to list the non-alcoholic inclusions in the premium list and completely left them out from the classic list.

Edited by PumpkinPatches
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Most specialty coffees/teas are covered by the Classic package the exceptions being those with liquor from the premium package. Also included are soda and generic still water.

There are two alcoholic coffees, the Cafe Kingston and the Cafe Ole that are included in the Classic Package price point.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TKinRock said:

I have not been on Celebrity - exploring ships now. I don't see Jameson or any Irish Whiskey on either list - how is that possible?

I can confirm Jameson is in the Retreat Lounge on Millennium today.  

• Like 1