Onda unable to book online

Elsammo46

Hi all, I’m going on a cruise in the Norwegian Spirit in August so our final payment date has just passed and we are now able to book restaurant reservation and the like. However, I noticed that when I tried to get a reservation at Onda, I was told that it was not available to book. This is odd since all the other specialty dining restaurants are available to book and have lots of availability left. Surely it didn’t fully book up in a matter of hours? Anyone else encounter a problem like this before? 

44 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

Hi all, I’m going on a cruise in the Norwegian Spirit in August so our final payment date has just passed and we are now able to book restaurant reservation and the like. However, I noticed that when I tried to get a reservation at Onda, I was told that it was not available to book. This is odd since all the other specialty dining restaurants are available to book and have lots of availability left. Surely it didn’t fully book up in a matter of hours? Anyone else encounter a problem like this before? 

It is not unusual for there to be glitches like this in the booking system.

Just keep checking, or wait to book onboard. A phone call may help if you don’t want to wait.

It certainly hasn’t sold out.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

We're on the Spirit May 31st and June 7th, and have not been able to book Onda at all - we'll wait until we board on May 31st to book.

Sigh 🤷‍♀️

P.S. We were able to book all other dining revenues for the two weeks, but not Onda.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

If you can not book online, then call and (***gasp***) talk to a live agent to make reservations. Other are and taking the prime time reservations. 

It's not just the Spirit. We just hit the 130 day mark for our upcoming Prima trip and there are zero specialty restaurants showing up at all this morning. I sent an email out to the Haven concierge with our requested places, dates, and times. If I don't hear back in a day or two I'll give them a call since we're trying to book for large groups of 6-10 people those nights.

image.thumb.png.e82cd834c861dcb218ca43277fbb0dc3.png

55 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

If you are unable to book ahead of time, NCL only releases 20% of their dining reservations ahead of sailing. Just go straight to where they have dining reservations when you board and book it then.

Your % of pre-cruise reservations is way too low. That being said, the challenge is that you need to board early, which is not always possible if you fly in day of cruise, and hope that there are reservations in the time slots you want available.

We have been the first to board and not gotten our preferred dates and time for specialty dining (October 2022 and December 2022 cruises). And have been on cruises where popular restaurants like Cagney's is totally sold out (even the 9:00 pm reservations) for the entire cruise by 1:00 on embarkation day. 

On our cruise earlier this month, the ship sailed at 120% capacity, and there was high demand for specialty dining and restaurants were sold out for times on most nights. 

The best advise is to book exactly 120 days prior to departure (12 midnight eastern time). And call as soon as NCL opens in the morning if you are having problems booking online. 

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Your % of pre-cruise reservations is way too low. That being said, the challenge is that you need to board early, which is not always possible if you fly in day of cruise, and hope that there are reservations in the time slots you want available.

We have been the first to board and not gotten our preferred dates and time for specialty dining (October 2022 and December 2022 cruises). And have been on cruises where popular restaurants like Cagney's is totally sold out (even the 9:00 pm reservations) for the entire cruise by 1:00 on embarkation day. 

On our cruise earlier this month, the ship sailed at 120% capacity, and there was high demand for specialty dining and restaurants were sold out for times on most nights. 

The best advise is to book exactly 120 days prior to departure (12 midnight eastern time). And call as soon as NCL opens in the morning if you are having problems booking online. 

That's the percentage a rep from NCL told me over the phone. Do you work for NCL? Unless you work for NCL, how would you know?