Diamond drink coupon question

7 minutes ago, sjinnj said:

So you actually have to ask the bartender to apply the 50% discount and it's not done automatically?  I guess I would have to assume the same for the milkshakes at Johnnie rockets.

Yes, just like when I when I want to use one of my D drinks I always add "Diamond drink" at the end of the order. Maybe I don't have to in some cases but I'd rather minimize the chances of having to have it fixed later. I have better things to do than visit the D concierge or guest services to get a drink charge removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, just like when I when I want to use one of my D drinks I always add "Diamond drink" at the end of the order. Maybe I don't have to in some cases but I'd rather minimize the chances of having to have it fixed later. I have better things to do than visit the D concierge or guest services to get a drink charge removed.

10 nights on Quantum a few months ago, I was at GS at least 6 or 7 times to have drink charges removed.  Every time they blamed the waitstaff in MDR, even on the nights we went to Specialty. 

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

10 nights on Quantum a few months ago, I was at GS at least 6 or 7 times to have drink charges removed.  Every time they blamed the waitstaff in MDR, even on the nights we went to Specialty. 

That's annoying. It happens although it hasn't happened to me in a while. I'm also not an MDR fan and haven't used one there in a long time. If GS is ever busy and it works for you, I have had the DL concierge fix that sort of thing for me before.

Edited by OCSC Mike

• 2 months later...

I am Diamond and going on a back to back.  I’ve seen people say that the drink coupons are loaded at 5am daily.  So on the last day of the cruise (for those not doing a back to back) I get the 4 coupons, and then get another 4 coupons when I ‘board’ again?  I am just wondering if I should get waters on the last day first leg/first day 2nd leg.

Thanks in advance.

19 minutes ago, bgintx said:

I am Diamond and going on a back to back.  I’ve seen people say that the drink coupons are loaded at 5am daily.  So on the last day of the cruise (for those not doing a back to back) I get the 4 coupons, and then get another 4 coupons when I ‘board’ again?  I am just wondering if I should get waters on the last day first leg/first day 2nd leg.

Thanks in advance.

You won't have coupons the morning of the B2B as the coupons are stopped at 5AM that morning.  You will have a new set of daily drinks immediately after you board again.  However, if you have a super efficient B2B process, the bars might not be opened yet.  

enjoy the B2B

M

8 hours ago, bgintx said:

I get the 4 coupons, and then get another 4 coupons when I ‘board’ again?

The reporting on availability of coupons on the last day varies - some get them, others were denied. Very few places are open to get anything the morning of the last day.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The reporting on availability of coupons on the last day varies - some get them, others were denied. Very few places are open to get anything the morning of the last day.

There are no coupons on the last morning. They cut off at 5 AM. Some have reported they they asked and have received a free cup (voucher) of specialty coffee from the coffee shop. This is because  some staff are simply afraid to enforce the rules, and will break them for fear of getting a bad review. 

m

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There are no coupons on the last morning.

As mentioned, that varies.

Biker, who got a coffee with Bayley's on the last morning which was rung up on the POS terminal without issues.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You won't have coupons the morning of the B2B as the coupons are stopped at 5AM that morning.  You will have a new set of daily drinks immediately after you board again.  However, if you have a super efficient B2B process, the bars might not be opened yet.  

enjoy the B2B

M

Thanks for your response.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Thanks for your reply

On 4/30/2023 at 3:54 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

You do realize that you are not required to use all the vouchers.🙂 ( left over drink vouchers?  Some will be amazed that is even a thing!)

Of course, of you want a few bottles of water, go right ahead. I like to make sure I have a bottle in the cabin as well.  But, I've known some to stockpile water and drag water home. 

M

Wow, I don't know how others see it, but this seems really cheap to me. Just have your drink and enjoy your cruise, but it's not a COSTCO.

4 minutes ago, Florida Fan said:

Wow, I don't know how others see it, but this seems really cheap to me. Just have your drink and enjoy your cruise, but it's not a COSTCO.

I see it as I couldn't care less what others do with their vouchers. They should do whatever makes them happy as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I see it as I couldn't care less what others do with their vouchers. They should do whatever makes them happy as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

My drinks , after the conversion to Canadian bucks , are approx. $19 a piece .... So ya , i'll quite value the vouchers !! 

Cheers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

My drinks , after the conversion to Canadian bucks , are approx. $19 a piece .... So ya , i'll quite value the vouchers !! 

Cheers

That's true for you, but I know folks who just convert their left over vouchers at the end of the night for bottled water (which at some bars they will give you for free).  

Not Diamond yet but when we get there, we should still get the refreshment package if we just want to use the vouchers for alcohol, right? We drink more coffee, water and sodas than alcohol but would like to have a couple Pina coladas in the sunshine and a glass of wine or two in the evening. 

1 hour ago, Tangibelle said:

Not Diamond yet but when we get there, we should still get the refreshment package if we just want to use the vouchers for alcohol, right? We drink more coffee, water and sodas than alcohol but would like to have a couple Pina coladas in the sunshine and a glass of wine or two in the evening. 

Hubby & I got to enjoy my Diamond status on our last cruise in Jan/22.  I am not much of a drinker but I do like to gamble and would often get comped for a cocktail while playin blackjack.  We never  used all the "coupons" on that cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tangibelle said:

My wife does that all the time

• Like 2