Signature vs. Elite beverage package?

Cheagle9000

Hi, I've been searching on the Holland America website for information on what's available to a guest in the Elite vs. the Signature beverage package, but have come up empty handed so far. I mostly drink beer... my wife is more into the cocktails. We both love specialty coffee drinks. I'm wonder if there is a way to check out a drink menu somewhere so I can know a little bit more about the difference between the two packages other than the $15 vs. $11 price cap. Thanks everyone!

2 hours ago, albingirl said:

If they run out of the basics, like Bud Light, why would you pay more for the beverage package?

Because then maybe you could try a decent beer?😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sea42 said:

Because then maybe you could try a decent beer?😁

With the basic SBP, you can sample all available beers on any HAL ship.  None of them are over $11.  Actually none are over $8.

Edited by mikebsxm
  • Like 1

Booked my first cruise on Hal and thinking about upgrading to elite because of the 15 total drink limit on the sbp.  I drink a lot of bottled water, sodas etc and dont want to think about how close I am to 15 total drinks. If they just did the 15 alcoholic drink cap other Carnival owned lines did I wouldn’t think about upgrading.

I will check the other links posted earlier in this thread to see if you can still upgrade to elite from the sbp in the HIA for 10 dollars a day plus service fee on embarkation day.

Edited by wilycoyote76

@wilycoyote76make sure onboard that the Elite does still have unlimited non alcoholic beverages.  Reports have said that the Elite now has a 15 drink TOTAL just like the Signature does.  HALs website gives conflicting information!  These were from today.

Under "Purchase Beverages" section for a booked cruise:

"Includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $49.95 if pre-booked online compared to $59.95 if purchased on board. A 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase."

Under another FAQ section it states unlimited drinks for Elite.  I dunno.  🤷‍♀️  

Frequently Asked Questions | Holland America

"The Elite package has a daily limit of 15 alcoholic beverages with a menu price of $15 or less. Unlimited non-alcoholic beverage."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@wilycoyote76make sure onboard that the Elite does still have unlimited non alcoholic beverages.  Reports have said that the Elite now has a 15 drink TOTAL just like the Signature does.  HALs website gives conflicting information!  These were from today.

Under "Purchase Beverages" section for a booked cruise:

"Includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $49.95 if pre-booked online compared to $59.95 if purchased on board. A 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase."

Under another FAQ section it states unlimited drinks for Elite.  I dunno.  🤷‍♀️  

Frequently Asked Questions | Holland America

"The Elite package has a daily limit of 15 alcoholic beverages with a menu price of $15 or less. Unlimited non-alcoholic beverage."

Is that new? I feel like I have seen that for a long time on Elite that there was a cap. 

Generally speaking I think the Elite is not worth it unless you have a very specific taste. I guess maybe unlimited non-alcoholic could be a slight plus, but I generally struggle to hit 15 a day of any type (but I am a big Iced Tea drinker and can generally get that in the lido or a pitcher from the cabana hosts and that will last me until mid afternoon).