Wine with Platinum dining voucher - choice?

Muckyduckway

6 minutes ago, Muckyduckway said:

We will be eligible for the Platinum dining vouchers on our next cruise. 

For the voucher that includes a bottle of wine, are there any wines that aren't already available by the glass on the standard drinks package?

In my experience, yes, there are wines that aren’t generally available by the glass.

The selection does vary though, and the supply issues mean that there are sometimes replacements.

We usually take the bottle unopened to drink on our balcony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was hoping that would be the case. Although bringing it back to an inside isn't quite as appealing as to a balcony!

Would there be a difference in availability in different restaurants or a general list per ship? I don't NEED to know this, just that looking forward to a cruise tends to trigger a load of pondering!

1 hour ago, Muckyduckway said:

We will be eligible for the Platinum dining vouchers on our next cruise. For the voucher that includes a bottle of wine, are there any wines that aren't already available by the glass on the standard drinks package?

Examples: Since the restart, they have been tailoring their wine menus to what they have on hand. Supply chain issues have limited the wines onboard. 

Encore April 2023

image.thumb.png.a0626b2104f6dbeca27d04d9626141cd.png

Prima December 2022

image.thumb.png.bda77eefe07bc64b6faaddbc5fd0206b.png

Prima October 2022

image.thumb.png.53e83917cc3a6eda02edc59cb812db30.png

Breakaway August 2022

image.thumb.png.d4d5696c36168ed3146ebe45f4af1553.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When the wine steward brings the list, I usually ask them for a suggestion, or if there is a certain style, if I have one in mind.  I've received bottles that are not on the list, and never been charged.  I think they may have some discretionary leeway on this. 

I'm not trying to find a way to get a better deal, usually just looking to have something to enjoy with the meal. 

• Like 1

Question. We have 2 dinners as part of package and 2 for platinum. I was told to use platinum benefit first for Moderno. Plan to use the other for Cagneys. Do we automatically get the wine with Moderno or can we wait for Cagneys? Le Bistro and Cucina are our other restaurants.

8 minutes ago, libtrek said:

Question. We have 2 dinners as part of package and 2 for platinum. I was told to use platinum benefit first for Moderno. Plan to use the other for Cagneys. Do we automatically get the wine with Moderno or can we wait for Cagneys? Le Bistro and Cucina are our other restaurants.

You can get the wine at any of the restaurants. You let the host know if you'll be using your platinum dinner or a specialty dinner when you check in. Make sure you bring your little coupon to your platinum dinner. It will be in your room when you first get on the boat. One of those will say it's dinner and bottle of wine, while the other doesn't. You'll understand when you see them.

• Like 2