QV cabin 6050?

MrsPeel55

Hi, we have been in cruises on the Nile in small ships (which were an amazing experience) and a very short one (3 days) Portsmouth to Bilbao  with PO, which we got very cheap (ages ago) because I think it was the ship's last trip before they reformed, which, of course, wasn't the greatest of experiences as there was rust everywhere and in general the ship was near falling apart, but still, we loved the time on board, but I can't say we are experienced in big ship cruises.

We are now going with my daughter to a 7 days Cunard in QV Mediterranean, I would like info about this deck and cabin, as I already found amazing great info in general for Cunard in this board, I thought maybe any of you have some tips

I can't figure out if I am reading well the ship maps (thanks to Host Hattie for the fabulous pinned posts info!) ... if I understand well, most of the obstructed views are in decks 4 & 5?

Could anyone give me info on cabin 6050?  I know we are near the lifts, but that is kinda convenient for us as, thought not confined to a wheelchair permanently, I can't walk long distances so having the lift near can be convenient at times.... is being near the lifts very noisy?

would love to be able to problematic cabins, being under pool or noisy restaurants, I tried to read most of the posts I found here on which cabins not to book and I haven't found any info on that deck in general,

also, does anyone know where the QV smoking areas are? do they have them in all decks or just in some?

so if anyone can give any info/tips, would be really grateful! 🙂

11 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Hi, we have been in cruises on the Nile in small ships (which were an amazing experience) and a very short one (3 days) Portsmouth to Bilbao  with PO, which we got very cheap (ages ago) because I think it was the ship's last trip before they reformed, which, of course, wasn't the greatest of experiences as there was rust everywhere and in general the ship was near falling apart, but still, we loved the time on board, but I can't say we are experienced in big ship cruises.

We are now going with my daughter to a 7 days Cunard in QV Mediterranean, I would like info about this deck and cabin, as I already found amazing great info in general for Cunard in this board, I thought maybe any of you have some tips

I can't figure out if I am reading well the ship maps (thanks to Host Hattie for the fabulous pinned posts info!) ... if I understand well, most of the obstructed views are in decks 4 & 5?

Could anyone give me info on cabin 6050?  I know we are near the lifts, but that is kinda convenient for us as, thought not confined to a wheelchair permanently, I can't walk long distances so having the lift near can be convenient at times.... is being near the lifts very noisy?

would love to be able to problematic cabins, being under pool or noisy restaurants, I tried to read most of the posts I found here on which cabins not to book and I haven't found any info on that deck in general,

also, does anyone know where the QV smoking areas are? do they have them in all decks or just in some?

so if anyone can give any info/tips, would be really grateful! 🙂

Taking 6050 with mobility (walking) concerns, will give one a long walk to Britannia Restaurant, aft sun deck and Lido Cafe. Suggest an aft stateroom on deck 4 to 7 to take the lift to all three. There will be no problem with secondary smoke inhalation. 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Taking 6050 with mobility (walking) concerns, will give one a long walk to Britannia Restaurant, aft sun deck and Lido Cafe. Suggest an aft stateroom on deck 4 to 7 to take the lift to all three. There will be no problem with secondary smoke inhalation. 

HI, thanks so much!!!

OK,  I may not have expressed properly (even though I have been in the UK for 30 something years and worked as a simultaneous interpreter for years for the government, I am still not a native English speaker) 

We are taking the wheelchair, which my daughter pushes so that wont be a problem.... I was thinking more about (after reading the problematic cabin's posts) if we were under or above noisy rooms....

and, the smoking places were more about if I will be able to walk in cutches to the smoking areas or my daughter would have to take me in the wheelchair... I am not a heavy smoker, but still smoke 🙂 so wanted to know distances, 

Just now, MrsPeel55 said:

HI, thanks so much!!!

OK,  I may not have expressed properly (even though I have been in the UK for 30 something years and worked as a simultaneous interpreter for years for the government, I am still not a native English speaker) 

We are taking the wheelchair, which my daughter pushes so that wont be a problem.... I was thinking more about (after reading the problematic cabin's posts) if we were under or above noisy rooms....

and, the smoking places were more about if I will be able to walk in cutches to the smoking areas or my daughter would have to take me in the wheelchair... I am not a heavy smoker, but still smoke 🙂 so wanted to know distances, 

Consider the thick carpets on Cunard when pushing a weighted wheelchair.

Smoking is allowed outside on decks 10 and 3, starboard side. There is no shelter from the elements.

Think smoking used to be allowed in the Pavilion Pool starboard side, but not 100% positive that this is still the case.

Cigarettes purchased on board in the Duty Free store were allowed to be immediately taken away.

• Like 1

@Host Hattie thank you!!!!!!!! 

also thanks for all your pinned posts and various replies I read from you, this is the first board I found where I had no trouble finding exactly the info I wanted and in a wording that I could perfectly understand, so thanks once again 🙂

• Like 1

There are three sets of  lifts on QV - A (which is your lift), B and C. C is ideal for the Lido and Britannia restaurants, so if it was a huge concern I would try and get a stateroom starting 61nn rather than 60nn. The corridor along deck 6 isn't very wide, it's tricky for 2 people to pass in opposite directions, so you're probably best to use the A lift and then use the much wider corridors on decks 2 or 3 to get to Britannia. The Lido is a bit more tricky from A because of the various doors in between the top of the Lido and the A lifts. The smoking area on deck 3 is easy location wise, but the doors maybe a bit tricky.

I very much doubt you will hear the lift unless you have very sharp hearing, they aren't noisy and the staterooms are well sound proofed on the whole. The whole of deck 6 is good from a noise point of view, since all of 5 and 7 are staterooms only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pushpit said:

There are three sets of  lifts on QV - A (which is your lift), B and C. C is ideal for the Lido and Britannia restaurants, so if it was a huge concern I would try and get a stateroom starting 61nn rather than 60nn. The corridor along deck 6 isn't very wide, it's tricky for 2 people to pass in opposite directions, so you're probably best to use the A lift and then use the much wider corridors on decks 2 or 3 to get to Britannia. The Lido is a bit more tricky from A because of the various doors in between the top of the Lido and the A lifts. The smoking area on deck 3 is easy location wise, but the doors maybe a bit tricky.

I very much doubt you will hear the lift unless you have very sharp hearing, they aren't noisy and the staterooms are well sound proofed on the whole. The whole of deck 6 is good from a noise point of view, since all of 5 and 7 are staterooms only.

Thanks SO much for this info!!!!!! it will make thing so much easier!!! We were thinking to use the wheelchair to get to the places, and I would walk with wither one or 2 crutches inside the dining rooms or places where I can manage the walking, the wheelchair is a transit one, very small (I am myself a tiny old lady LOL) and is very light weight, Thanks once again for this info, you have helped a great deal!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pushpit said:

We have used a wheelchair on deck six many times and it's no problem as long as no one leaves a pushchair etc outside their cabin. The room attendants 'trolleys' are narrow enough to allow wheelchairs to pass.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Thanks SO much for this info!!!!!! it will make thing so much easier!!! We were thinking to use the wheelchair to get to the places, and I would walk with wither one or 2 crutches inside the dining rooms or places where I can manage the walking, the wheelchair is a transit one, very small (I am myself a tiny old lady LOL) and is very light weight, Thanks once again for this info, you have helped a great deal!!!!!

You will be fine using a wheelchair on deck six or any deck for that matter.

I would also add don't worry about any noise as far as lifts are concerned. We regularly pick cabins directly behind them and have never had a problem with noise, passenger or actual lifts.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

I have often seen wheelchairs in Britannia and more so in Lido (perhaps for a quick lunch), the waiters just move out a chair. On the other hand you may be more comfortable in the chairs provided. I would suspect from what I'm reading that if you got stateroom 6150 or thereabouts you would probably be ok on crutches alone, the distance from the lift area to the Britannia front desk - both deck 2 and deck 3 - is very short, about 10 metres, and I'd imagine they would find you are table nearby too. The nice view tables are a bit of a way down the dining area unfortunately! But 6050 is better for the smoking areas and places like the Golden Lion and Royal Court Theatre, so there isn't a perfect answer.

The Lido is long and spread out over several areas. The early breakfast and midnight snack areas are a lot more centralised in the middle.

• Like 1

thanks so much again @PORT ROYAL  @Victoria2 @Pushpit & @Host Hattie

I'm so glad I found these boards,  we booked directly with Cunard, before Covid we were looking into cruising again, as I had not had a proper holiday for quite a while, found Cunard on a google search and loved what I saw, I have getting their emails since, so as soon as it was possible for my daughter to take time off, we were going to book online but for some reason ended up calling them,  

I have to say we were delighted with the attention we had with every person we spoke to, very professionals but also very, very nice people to talk to. Only after we had booked I found some YouTube videos telling us which cabin types not to book and some errors to avoid in big ships.... I get lost with questions asked on YouTube videos comments, so I went looking for a forum... this was the one that seemed to fit best, and I am so glad I got here... I may need to pester you with more questions, your info is great, Thanks once again!!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MrsPeel55 said:

thanks so much again @PORT ROYAL  @Victoria2 @Pushpit & @Host Hattie

I'm so glad I found these boards,  we booked directly with Cunard, before Covid we were looking into cruising again, as I had not had a proper holiday for quite a while, found Cunard on a google search and loved what I saw, I have getting their emails since, so as soon as it was possible for my daughter to take time off, we were going to book online but for some reason ended up calling them,  

I have to say we were delighted with the attention we had with every person we spoke to, very professionals but also very, very nice people to talk to. Only after we had booked I found some YouTube videos telling us which cabin types not to book and some errors to avoid in big ships.... I get lost with questions asked on YouTube videos comments, so I went looking for a forum... this was the one that seemed to fit best, and I am so glad I got here... I may need to pester you with more questions, your info is great, Thanks once again!!!!!

Don’t forget to book one’s next Cunard Voyage onboard to receive additional (free) OBC in addition to the Cunard fare OBC

Also consider purchasing 100 Carnival Shares for even more (free) OBC as a shareholder benefit per stateroom, for one’s currently booked and all future cruises.

21 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Don’t forget to book one’s next Cunard Voyage onboard to receive additional (free) OBC in addition to the Cunard fare OBC

Also consider purchasing 100 Carnival Shares for even more (free) OBC as a shareholder benefit per stateroom, for one’s currently booked and all future cruises.  Share price is around the $10 price will involve a spend of $1000, so it’s possible to get a ROI of $1000 with four off cruises.  Anyway, one’s 7 nights will attract $100 OBC (10% ROI)

Benefits… 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Also consider purchasing 100 Carnival Shares for even more (free) OBC as a shareholder benefit per stateroom, for one’s currently booked and all future cruises.  Share price is around the $10 price will involve a spend of $1000, so it’s possible to get a ROI of $1000 with four off cruises.  Anyway, one’s 7 nights will attract $100 OBC (10% ROI)

Benefits… 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

do I understand well thinking if I book my next cruise on board of this one, we ll get the OBC? I will look at the document of benefots with my daughter too, it sounds really good!!!! Thanks again!!!!

8 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

do I understand well thinking if I book my next cruise on board of this one, we ll get the OBC? I will look at the document of benefots with my daughter too, it sounds really good!!!! Thanks again!!!!

One understands correctly.  
Book onboard and receive OBC per person in addition to the Cunard Fare. This OBC replaced the previous FCC (now removed from UK Cruisers).  FCC/FCD schedule of benefits……

Cruise Length Onboard Spend
6-9 nights Grill Accommodation $200 USD
6-9 nights Balcony Accommodation $150 USD
6-9 nights Inside/ Outside Accommodation $100 USD
10 nights or more Grill Accommodation $400 USD
10 nights or more Balcony Accommodation $300 USD
10 nights or more Inside/Outside Accommodation $200 USD

Then, if shares purchased, more OBC is received as published.

A no brainer……..

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

One understands correctly.  
Book onboard and receive OBC per person in addition to the Cunard Fare. This OBC replaced the previous FCC (now removed from UK Cruisers).  FCC/FCD schedule of benefits……

Cruise Length Onboard Spend
6-9 nights Grill Accommodation $200 USD
6-9 nights Balcony Accommodation $150 USD
6-9 nights Inside/ Outside Accommodation $100 USD
10 nights or more Grill Accommodation $400 USD
10 nights or more Balcony Accommodation $300 USD
10 nights or more Inside/Outside Accommodation $200 USD

Then, if shares purchased, more OBC is received as published.

A no brainer……..

All OBC can be used onboard for tours, bars, restaurants, shops, duty free etc.  But can not be used as, or part of, a future cruise booking payment.  Deposits for future cruises are taken against credit/debit cards.

One can book more than one future cruise onboard, if wished.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Not
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

All OBC can be used onboard for tours, bars, restaurants, shops, duty free etc.  But can not be used as, or part of, a future cruise booking payment.  Deposits for future cruises are taken against credit/debit cards.

One can book more than one future cruise onboard, if wished.

For the record, When booking onboard the Cunard Fare, plus onboard booking bonus (FCC/FCD) and shareholder benefit can be stacked.

EG.  when booking onboard
Cunard Fare balcony 7 nights say $100 OBC pp (2 pax total = $200)

Onboard booking bonus 7 nights = $150 pp (2 pax total = $300)

Shareholder benefit = $100 per stateroom (2 pax) - Not immediate - One has to apply later

Stateroom total = $600 (2 pax)

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 4:16 AM, MrsPeel55 said:

@PORT ROYAL thanks!!!!! that is a hugely helpful tip!  Will do! 

Another set of Cunard tips

Go to the Pursers Desk and ask for a pen, as think now Britannia only leaves a pencil in the room information file, hopefully one will receive a Cunard logo pen.

Also, when at the PD request a couple of Cunard Sewing Kits.  If not used, one has them to hand for future Voyages. 

Lastly, for fun, take all the postal addresses of friends and family.  The stateroom information file contains a few Cunard Postcards (showing one’s ship).  One can request additional  cards from PD.  Then one can send a hand written postcards to friends and family from the ship, complete with a Cunard “Posted From” Logo Rubber Stamp.  Take the completed cards to PD and pay for postage and a small fee.  The PD will post the cards for one.

PS.  Leave a suitably large space at the top/right corner of the postcard to take a postage stamp.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
PS
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

No postcards last year. Have they reappeared?

Strange…. Best then make a request to one’s room steward or PD if not supplied.
Failing that, use envelopes and paper from room information file (additional stationary from PD), or purchase postcards from the shop

• Like 1