NCL Bliss- Alaska (Questions)

Sailing next week, can someone post recent dailies for the Bliss?  Also, has anyone heard about the Light rail disruptions at SEA-TEC?  Before I travel anywhere, I always google the local news stations to see what's going and what will impact my perfect vacation.  I was planning to take the Light rail service to my pioneer park hotel (I think its 3 bucks)  but don't think that will be a good idea now.  Any suggestions besides Uber/Lyft?  

Light rail is having a rough go of it right now. As long as you have time and patience, it will get you where you want to go. If you are in a rush or not feeling particularly patient, I would pick alternate transportation. 

Just now, quack2 said:

Last I recall, light rail is a long walk from the terminals at Sea-Tac.  Not particularly convenient for those with multiple bags.

You aren't wrong there. Add that to the service disruptions they are having currently and I don't think I would take it from the airport in the next few weeks. 

Sorry don't know what site you are referring to.  Regarding transportation from the airport, the light rail was a cheaper option, I was wondering if Seattle provided an alternative shuttle from the airport to different areas to reduce traffic and congestion in and around the airport.  Wishful thinking....

3 hours ago, lattegirl10 said:

Sorry don't know what site you are referring to.  Regarding transportation from the airport, the light rail was a cheaper option, I was wondering if Seattle provided an alternative shuttle from the airport to different areas to reduce traffic and congestion in and around the airport.  Wishful thinking....

Public buses? 

Please remember that the light rail system might be cheaper but it is also a huge hassle.  Light Rails ends in the sub-basement of the Westlake Center Mall (5th Ave and Pine).  There are several exits on the main level of the Mall.  Very confusing.  There are parts of downtown that are not safe even during the day.

I would check with your hotel and see what they recommend for transportation from the airport.

Also keep in mind, that hotel bus shuttles, cabs, Lyft/Uber pick up passengers in the airport parking structure (either 3rd or 4th level), not easy either.

Light rail is probably cheapest, but also the most inconvenient.

Shuttle Express cost me $25+$1/bag/pp one way.  They pick up and drop off right outside the terminal.

Uber/Lyft is probably somewhere between a taxi and Shuttle Express cost wise.  Assuming (you know what that means) it’s around $45-$50 one way.  Someone correct me if I’m off.

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Uber/Lyft is probably somewhere between a taxi and Shuttle Express cost wise.  Assuming (you know what that means) it’s around $45-$50 one way.  Someone correct me if I’m off.

I believe @ChiefMateJRK said his Lyft XL was $68 plus tip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Also keep in mind, that hotel bus shuttles, cabs, Lyft/Uber pick up passengers in the airport parking structure (either 3rd or 4th level), not easy either.

I've done it numerous times and found it to be very easy.  What didn't you like about it?  Claim bag.  Take nearby elevator up one level.  Walk through walkway to garage.  Follow the signs.  Probably ten minutes tops and minimal total distance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

I believe @ChiefMateJRK said his Lyft XL was $68 plus tip.

Yep.  That was port to Seatac.  When I arrived, I took uber from SeaTac to Hyatt Place downtown.  That was $52 plus tip. Main difference is we didn't opt for the XL, which we likely will in the future.  It was still much more comfortable than any shuttle or transfer bus we've taken.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've done it numerous times and found it to be very easy.  What didn't you like about it?  Claim bag.  Take nearby elevator up one level.  Walk through walkway to garage.  Follow the signs.  Probably ten minutes tops and minimal total distance.

For most people it is fine.  However for a Senior Citizen type person who has walking difficulties, it is a bit much.

3 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

For most people it is fine.  However for a Senior Citizen type person who has walking difficulties, it is a bit much.

Yep.  I understand that.  That said, I believe it would be far less walking than the light rail option and also the same as all other options indicated.  I'm not sure what else you would be looking for.  If a person needs a wheelchair, getting to the pickup spots in the garage wouldn't present any particular challenges.  There are ample sized elevators, and the rest is all flat, level floor.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tracyr said:

Can anyone tell me if they have started putting coffee makers in balcony cabins again on the Bliss?

Why would they?  Just extra work for the stewards that way.  Just ask for one if you want one.

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Why would they?  Just extra work for the stewards that way.  Just ask for one if you want one.

So you can just ask for one? I didn’t know that and was going to take my own but was afraid it may get confiscated?

41 minutes ago, Tracyr said:

So you can just ask for one? I didn’t know that and was going to take my own but was afraid it may get confiscated?

Yes, just ask.  Yours would most likely be confiscated.

And they will provide pods, etc.

3 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Yes, just ask.  Yours would most likely be confiscated.

And they will provide pods, etc.

Thank you so much for that information.  Last question, are they K-pods or another style?

• Like 1