Chances of winning a “bid” on a better room?

KyloRen

I am max bidding on a mini suite, does anyone have experience winning (or even not winning)  a bid on a better room? We also minimum bid on an obstructed room for my kids. I really want the mini suite! Thanks for any help.

Edited by KyloRen

I have bid on upgrades for three separate cruises, one of which is tomorrow. I never heard back on the first two (which means my bid was declined), and as to the third cruise (two bids), I got an email yesterday that my bids were declined.  Oh, well!

In my case with tomorrow's cruise, there was no availability for the cabins I bid for at the time of my original booking, so it was a long-shot to begin with.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

Thanks you guys!!!

Most folks that reported getting bid accepted were not bidding the max.  I'd say you have a very good chance as long as not all sold out, but then someone in a Mini is likely bidding on a Suite and might get one opened up there.  Who knows?  MTFBWY.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Most folks that reported getting bid accepted were not bidding the max.  I'd say you have a very good chance as long as not all sold out, but then someone in a Mini is likely bidding on a Suite and might get one opened up there.  Who knows?  MTFBWY.

What would be a min or max bid? We are in balconies now and would like to move to minis if not too expensive. We are on a 14-day cruise, and 4 of us each have our own cabins. (MTFBW us.)😵‍💫

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KyloRen said:

I am max bidding on a mini suite, does anyone have experience winning (or even not winning)  a bid on a better room? We also minimum bid on an obstructed room for my kids. I really want the mini suite! Thanks for any help.

I had a balcony and put in a fairly low bid for a mini, and it was accepted 30 days out.  Sailing in May.   Hopefully your kids are older and it wont matter if your rooms are not close to each other, assuming one or both bids are accepted. 

3 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I had a balcony and put in a fairly low bid for a mini, and it was accepted 30 days out.  Sailing in May.   Hopefully your kids are older and it wont matter if your rooms are not close to each other, assuming one or both bids are accepted. 

How much is a low bid? One hundred? Five hundred? More? 

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Teechur said:

What would be a min or max bid? We are in balconies now and would like to move to minis if not too expensive. We are on a 14-day cruise, and 4 of us each have our own cabins. (MTFBW us.)😵‍💫

If you have access to the bidding website, the numbers are provided for each cabin category offered.  There is an old thread on when it first began and the steps are covered there with screen shots by some posters, IIRC.

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

From premium balcony to a mini is only 530 per person on my 16d cruise. I have a feeling I could have probably booked the mini for cheaper if I would have done it originally! 

the minimum bid I did was a interior to a Ocean and that’s only 75 bucks. I doubt I’ll get that one! 

Edited by KyloRen

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

Thanks!

I don't think anyone can answer that. It varies by cruise. Probably varies based on cruise length and how booked each category is on that particular cruise. It probably also varies by what you have reserved vs. what you're bidding on. Are you in an inside bidding on a mini? Or a balcony bidding on a mini?

A lot of folks have posted the details on their upgrade bids in that "How is the bidding system doing?" thread that has already been linked to in this thread.

Edited by cavecreekguy

2 minutes ago, cavecreekguy said:

I don't think anyone can answer that. It varies by cruise. Probably varies based on cruise length and how booked each category is on that particular cruise. It probably also varies by what you have reserved vs. what you're bidding on. Are you in an inside bidding on a mini? Or a balcony bidding on a mini?

You can only seem to go two categories up I think? 

aka: a Interior can’t bid on a premium balcony or higher

I (premium balcony)  can only bid on a mini and a vista

and my interior can only bid on a window or balcony

Edited by KyloRen

Every cruise is different as to what the min or max bid might be. What a max bid for a mini on one cruise might be different on another cruise. 

Just use the bidding app & you’ll see what your options are. 

Tom😀

Thanks!

My bid was $160pp to go from a forward balcony on Lido (low price balcony) to a mini-suite (we were assigned a mid-forward  mini on Lido which I am quite happy with). This is for a 7 day cruise. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

22 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I have bid on upgrades for three separate cruises, one of which is tomorrow. I never heard back on the first two (which means my bid was declined), and as to the third cruise (two bids), I got an email yesterday that my bids were declined.  Oh, well!

In my case with tomorrow's cruise, there was no availability for the cabins I bid for at the time of my original booking, so it was a long-shot to begin with.

You might be surprised.  The only time I got an email saying that two of my bids were declined was when one of the three I made was accepted. I checked my cruise personalizeer and sure enough, had a new cabin assignment

• Thanks 1