Photo of a negative rapid test for Celebrity?

We have a Celebrity cruise out of Sydney later this year. Assuming the same protocols are in place, Celebrity says that they accept a photo of a negative self-administered rapid antigen test. Does anyone have any experience with submitting a photo? Does it have to be timestamped in some specific fashion? 

Thanks in advance. 

8 hours ago, Steve_MI said:

We have a Celebrity cruise out of Sydney later this year. Assuming the same protocols are in place, Celebrity says that they accept a photo of a negative self-administered rapid antigen test. Does anyone have any experience with submitting a photo? Does it have to be timestamped in some specific fashion? 

Thanks in advance. 

My photo included my watch showing date and time. It was enough.

10 hours ago, Steve_MI said:

Thanks in advance. 

We use a phone showing the lock screen with date and time set alongside the RAT cartridge.

Take the photo with your RAT plus photo ID. If you take it with your phone, then the date and time is embedded in the metadata. Just click on the row of three vertical dots and that will bring up the time and date the photo was taken.

I've had mixed experiences with how the cruise lines enforce this requirement. On one cruise they just asked if I had done a negative test but didn't want to see proof. On another, they actually wanted to see the test photo and checked the date and time.

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

This may change with recent WHO announcement. It's a wait and see if cruiselines will change requirements.

The state government authorities will need to drop requirements first. Going from what Carnival is currently requiring, it looks like that is the requirement till at least the end of August. 

Don't know about Carnival, but P&O require a photo showing the negative test, your photo ID (passport, driver's licence, etc) and proof of the time and date. I just took a shot of the items propped against my computer screen showing the date and time.

13 hours ago, Steve_MI said:

Thank you all for your help. While I certainly hope the requirement changes, this is Australia we are talking about so I won’t hold my breath. Thanks again. 

Not sure why you would hope the requirement to show a photograph of a negative RAT changes. It's not much of an imposition, surely?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Not sure why you would hope the requirement to show a photograph of a negative RAT changes. It's not much of an imposition, surely?

Yes, about time our boffins started listening to visitors from other countries. 😉

It could be a big imposition though. It is a long way to fly, only to find out you are going to be denied boarding because of a positive RAT. So, not just about the photo but the actual test as well - a test that is no longer needed for most parts of the world.

On 5/8/2023 at 12:24 AM, Steve_MI said:

Thank you all for your help. While I certainly hope the requirement changes, this is Australia we are talking about so I won’t hold my breath. Thanks again. 

I was on Ovation last month departing Sydney. As a family of 4, I just took 4 individual photo of the RAT test showing a negative result the day before the cruise. There is no need to prove time stamps or even prove that that test was indeed done by you etc. They don't have time to check any of that. They just take a 1 second glance at each of the photo and go "yup, you may go through" and that's it.

It's a conscience honoring system, nothing more.

Edited by cruise_critical

On 5/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, arxcards said:

Yes, about time our boffins started listening to visitors from other countries. 😉

It could be a big imposition though. It is a long way to fly, only to find out you are going to be denied boarding because of a positive RAT. So, not just about the photo but the actual test as well - a test that is no longer needed for most parts of the world.

You are right - there is no way I am going to spend thousands of dollars flying somewhere and staying in hotels pre-cruise while the risk of being refused boarding because I have a runny nose is still very real. 

• Like 3