Difference between Balcony & Club Balcony Suite

shobs

Hi,

I am planning on booking the 10 day Greek Isles & Italy cruise in July on Norwegian Breakaway.

It’s our first time cruising on NCL & I am unable to understand the difference between Balcony & Club Balcony Suite.  I tried checking on the NCL website, but I am really not able to understand the difference.  Are the rooms bigger, is there an extra toilet or other amenities… could someone who has cruised on the Breakaway in a Club Balcony Suite, pl help clarify.

It will be 3 of us in the room ( 2 adults & a 15 yr old) if that makes a difference.

btw.. rookie question 😁… how do we manage packing for a 10 day cruise from baggage weight pov?  Will be flying into Rome from Asia.  Are there laundry facilities on-board?  How expensive is it?

Thanks in advance 😁.

club balcony suites have a larger sink and shower. Plus some other amenities, like one free bag of laundry (small bag), a bottle of wine/sparkling wine in your room, extra latitudes points maybe, and two nights of goodies/treats delivered. 

I'm not the right person to ask about packing, but... international bags can be heavier if I recall correctly and each person can usually have one checked bag included. 

No self serve laundry on board, you can send it out. 

• Like 1

Club Balcony rooms are bigger then regular balcony cabins.  Below is the link from NCL of the additional benefits you get while booking a club balcony cabin. It really depends on the ship the other differences. For example on the Sun, the bathroom, closet area was bigger. On the Epic, I think (not exactly sure) the only difference for the bathrooms is there is a tub/shower and not a shower. Might be a little bigger, but I don't know. I was talking with a couple who mentioned they hoped they would get double sinks on the Epic, but didn't. Some ships have two sinks for club balcony rooms.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shobs said:

I am planning on booking the 10 day Greek Isles & Italy cruise in July on Norwegian Breakaway.

It’s our first time cruising on NCL & I am unable to understand the difference between Balcony & Club Balcony Suite.  I tried checking on the NCL website, but I am really not able to understand the difference.  Are the rooms bigger, is there an extra toilet or other amenities… could someone who has cruised on the Breakaway in a Club Balcony Suite, pl help clarify.

It will be 3 of us in the room ( 2 adults & a 15 yr old) if that makes a difference.

The difference is in the size of the bathroom. The room size is essentially the same. In the club balcony, you get a double sink (that only one person can stand in front of) and a full size shower versus transporter tube. For us, we always book club balconies on the bigger ships for the size of the shower. As we have gotten older and less mobile, the extra space in the shower is worth the price. 

For you, the extra cost may not be work the difference. 

The balconies on the Breakaway are very tiny. 

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Distinctive Purple Keycard
  • Pre-book onboard dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Pre-book entertainment as early as 21 days prior to sailing
  • 1 complimentary bag of laundry
  • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • Treats delivered to your stateroom twice per week.
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens and pillows
  • Lemongrass bathroom products
Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, shobs said:

Hi,

btw.. rookie question 😁… how do we manage packing for a 10 day cruise from baggage weight pov?  Will be flying into Rome from Asia.  Are there laundry facilities on-board?  How expensive is it?

Thanks in advance 😁.

I offer my comparison from both through experience.

We had the balcony on the Epic (7 Days) and the Club Suite on the Escape (10 Days).

The only difference I observed/experienced was the toilet/shower room arrangement was slightly bigger on the escape and in one location.

On the Escape (Club suite)
The balcony was larger, with two sun loungers and a small table.

We received one small complimentary laundry bag (there was 4 of us, you would struggle to get all the under wear into it)

We received one small tray of 'treats' (4 finger food items).

We received no bottle of sparkling wine (No I did not complain, whats the point, I can just go to the bar and get it!)

From my experience I would not purchase a club suite again.

Edited by WexIrl
typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, libtrek said:

Specifically on the Jewel, what is the difference between club and regular?

On the Jewel, the sizes of Balcony rooms range from 200-289 SF w/balconies of 38'-54'.

They are on decks 8,9,10. 

Club Balcony Suites are only on deck 11, noisier from above, 272-416 SF (or 272-285 SF - for wheel chair accessible) with 54' balconies.

Here is the link to the floor plans: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jewel/deck-plans

(change decks as needed)

56 minutes ago, WexIrl said:

On the Escape (Club suite)
The balcony was larger, with two sun loungers and a small table.

That sounds like you were in a large balcony room, in which case that was the reason for the bigger balcony, rather than it being a club balcony.

Generally the balcony and club suite rooms have similar sized balconies.

• Like 3

Agree with everything above. We book club balcony for the larger bathroom and closet/storage space.

But the price has to be worth it. If you can get it for $400, it's a no brainer, if it's $1000, not so much,

The added amenities change based on the day and ship. Once we got wine, once we got chocolate strawberries. Once we got a free bag of laundry and a $29 bag. Once we got cookies.

The cabins aways seem to be in the better spots, with a higher quality of service.

And no, balcony suites will no longer get an extra latitude point.

it

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

That sounds like you were in a large balcony room, in which case that was the reason for the bigger balcony, rather than it being a club balcony.

Generally the balcony and club suite rooms have similar sized balconies.

I just checked the invoice.

It was a Category M6 - Mini-Suite with Large Balcony.

Just now, WexIrl said:

I just checked the invoice.

It was a Category M6 - Mini-Suite with Large Balcony.

Yes, I suspected so. Those balconies are huge, and far bigger than club suites elsewhere. The large balcony rooms on the deck above (not club suite) are also a lot bigger than normal club suites.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 10:34 AM, shobs said:

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2022, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

• $18.00 USD per person per day for Club Balcony Suite;
  • $16.00 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

another difference for your 10-day is $60

For bookings made on or after January 1, 2023:

• $25.00 USD per person per day for The Haven and Suites;
  • $20.00 USD per person per day for Club Balcony Suite and below;

For bookings made before January 1, 2023, that pre-pay their service charges before their sail date:

• $20.00 USD per person per day for The Haven and Suites;
  • $18.00 USD per person per day for Club Balcony Suite;
  • $16.00 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

• 7 months later...

Does the Club Balcony Suite on the Prima & Viva not have the double sinks? It looks like online the bathrooms in the Club Balcony Suite & the regular Balcony rooms are exactly the same on the Prima & Viva? Am I looking at it correctly... Still upset they removed the Spa Club Balcony Suite option.. 

On 12/22/2023 at 11:39 AM, Noworkforme23 said:

Does the Club Balcony Suite on the Prima & Viva not have the double sinks? It looks like online the bathrooms in the Club Balcony Suite & the regular Balcony rooms are exactly the same on the Prima & Viva? Am I looking at it correctly... Still upset they removed the Spa Club Balcony Suite option.. 

The CBS we were in on the PRIMA has a single sink that is quite large (but not double, as in 2 sinks).

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, BirdTravels said:

The difference is in the size of the bathroom. The room size is essentially the same. In the club balcony, you get a double sink (that only one person can stand in front of) and a full size shower versus transporter tube. For us, we always book club balconies on the bigger ships for the size of the shower. As we have gotten older and less mobile, the extra space in the shower is worth the price. 

Who doesn't love that transporter tube?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone specifically know the difference between a balcony and club balcony on the Epic? I know on Breakaway class it’s the size of the bathroom but given the “unique” layout of Epic’s bathrooms wondering how it’s different vs BA class. 

15 hours ago, NicoJ113 said:

Does anyone specifically know the difference between a balcony and club balcony on the Epic? I know on Breakaway class it’s the size of the bathroom but given the “unique” layout of Epic’s bathrooms wondering how it’s different vs BA class. 

lol i came looking for the same answer 😄  So I shall wait with you... 🙂