Drinks Package Changes

Mad4WDW

1 hour ago, rattla said:

Have put this list together of the available cocktails, that shows where they have them and which package they are on.  I think it’s got most venues on there now.

Thanks for taking the time to compile this, very useful to know 👍

21 hours ago, rattla said:

Sorry, yes this is the same, apologies this isnt the clearest photo, but it’s a Canadian Sparkling wine, only available in the Glasshouse.  It’s on the Deluxe only.

IMG_1045.png

Thank you - that's helpful.   It appears to be a decent Canadian "champagne".   Is that fair ? 

Would it be possible for you to upload copies of the full menu for the Glass House (so i can see what other good wines are available on the Classic or the Deluxe packages).   other menus (e.g. from Crows Nest etc) would also be helpful.  No worries if you have better things to do 😊  

13 minutes ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Thank you - that's helpful.   It appears to be a decent Canadian "champagne".   Is that fair ? 

Yes, it’s very much like Champagne but IMO slightly nicer. It’s maybe a tiny bit sweeter than Champagne. The grapes freeze on the vine. I don’t like sparkling wines (other than Champagne) but love Peller Ice Cuvée. They do a Rose version as well, which I’m not as keen on, but my wife loves. We’ve recommended it to a few people and all have liked it. Unfortunately it’s quite difficult to source at home. 

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Yes, it’s very much like Champagne but IMO slightly nicer. It’s maybe a tiny bit sweeter than Champagne. The grapes freeze on the vine. I don’t like sparkling wines (other than Champagne) but love Peller Ice Cuvée. They do a Rose version as well, which I’m not as keen on, but my wife loves. We’ve recommended it to a few people and all have liked it. Unfortunately it’s quite difficult to source at home. 

Thanks - seems to be available from a few wine merchants for about £30 per bottle.  Hoping they have it on Arcadia later this year for me to try  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Selbourne said:

There’s a wine company in Bath who I use for supplies of Ice Cuvee. You’ll get a discount for a new order. Can’t name them,but they sell Great Wine 😗

8 hours ago, Well boy 91 said:

There’s a wine company in Bath who I use for supplies of Ice Cuvee. You’ll get a discount for a new order. Can’t name them,but they sell Great Wine 😗

Yep. I’ve used them. They are also one of the few places where you can source d’Arenberg wines, which are our favourite reds and whites. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:38 AM, Selbourne said:

I have to admit that if I bought a package I would drink around 3 or 4 times what I currently drink in a day on a cruise, as I would be determined to get maximum value out of it (I know it’s sad, but that’s me) 😂. Equally, I would be irritated that my wife wouldn’t see it the same way and would drink a tiny fraction of the allowance, causing me to constantly remind her how she was wasting money 😂 

Are you saying your wife doesn't like the same drinks you do? Surely it's effectively a joint allowance......

3 hours ago, ParisHilton said:

Are you saying your wife doesn't like the same drinks you do? Surely it's effectively a joint allowance......

I don’t understand your question. Both people in a cabin have to buy the package. My wife drinks very little. It wouldn’t be worth it for me and it certainly wouldn’t be worth it for my wife. 

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

I don’t understand your question. Both people in a cabin have to buy the package. My wife drinks very little. It wouldn’t be worth it for me and it certainly wouldn’t be worth it for my wife. 

I think there was probably a degree of humour in the post. 

That said I'm amazed at the amount of women who I see sat with a pint of stella in front of them😄..at lunchtime. 

I've kind of ignored the thread to date . We have £750 OBC for our 14 night Caribbean and that will go on booze. I'll revisit the subject after then.

We primarily do AI to the Caribbean or Maldives / Mauritius and I guess improved drinks packages are cruise lines trying to play catch up. 

11 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I was just following on from your suggestion that if you went for the package, you'd drink more than normal to ensure you got value for money and then be nagging your wife to use up hers.  I was then suggesting that once you'd used your allowance for the day, she'd be donating you her allowance......

Obviously nobody would ever abuse the rules in this way. Which I assume is why they make all cabin occupants have the same package.

8 minutes ago, ParisHilton said:

I was just following on from your suggestion that if you went for the package, you'd drink more than normal to ensure you got value for money and then be nagging your wife to use up hers.  I was then suggesting that once you'd used your allowance for the day, she'd be donating you her allowance......

Obviously nobody would ever abuse the rules in this way. Which I assume is why they make all cabin occupants have the same package.

Oh, I see. I wouldn’t be able to drink all that I’d be allowed, let alone some of my wife’s allowance as well 😂 

On 5/18/2023 at 7:39 PM, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I nearly fell over (Not through drinking) when I looked on MyHoliday at the previous day's spend. We had two glasses of Souvignon Blanc and the bill was £19. I queried it at receiption and they looked into it. But apparently it was correct. Due to it being quite difficult to get the wine waiter and he didn't have a wine list with him always I just ordered them. I could have got a bottle for the same price.  

yes that is our problem we don't drink spirits the odd gin and tonic but we do drink wine a couple of large at lunch time and maybe 3 to 4 each at night That would be £114 without any soft drinks beers or coffees. 

I take it if you have a large glass they charge it as a double 

33 minutes ago, jaxw17 said:

yes that is our problem we don't drink spirits the odd gin and tonic but we do drink wine a couple of large at lunch time and maybe 3 to 4 each at night That would be £114 without any soft drinks beers or coffees. 

I take it if you have a large glass they charge it as a double 

I don't think doubles (one single every 15 minutes only) or large glasses of wine are allowed in the 'classic' package. That might have changed, but not all ships are offering the new packages yet (I think).

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 1

Now that the new drinks packages are generally operating on most of the fleet - could someone please post a set of full drinks menus for the various venues / bars / lounges - so we can see what is included in each package  (and what is still excluded) please. 

Apologies if this has already been done - please steer me in the right direction. 

Also anyone now using the drinks packages - any views / issues on the new arrangements ?   is the Deluxe package worth the extra over and above the Classic (approx £9 per day) ?   

41 minutes ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Now that the new drinks packages are generally operating on most of the fleet - could someone please post a set of full drinks menus for the various venues / bars / lounges - so we can see what is included in each package  (and what is still excluded) please. 

Apologies if this has already been done - please steer me in the right direction. 

Also anyone now using the drinks packages - any views / issues on the new arrangements ?   is the Deluxe package worth the extra over and above the Classic (approx £9 per day) ?   

Some are on page 4 and 5 of this thread. I don’t think anyone has a full list of bars yet. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer