Additional pre-booking?

MrsPeel55

11 minutes ago, WoorimBeachLady said:

Many passengers found a nice spot to enjoy an afternoon concert in the Queen’s room and then kept the table for the following afternoon tea! (Avoiding the queue)

that sounds like a treat!!!!! thanks!!!!

• Like 1

@MrsPeel55

Small tips…..

Purchase all one’s duty free requirements spirits, tobacco etc asap, because there could be a sell-out of specific popular brands.  Most newbies wait until the final days, then complain about the lack of stock.

If wished, purchase a bottle of local wine, spirits or liqueur at each port to enjoy the sail away on one’s balcony.

• Like 3

On 5/15/2023 at 12:55 AM, MrsPeel55 said:

My daughter insists that I'm getting too excited. much in advance, and we have a land holiday before we cruise, thing is,  we are very experienced in land, Wirth cruising, especially as it is my 65th birthday ....I want to have it all under control (or as much as possible) for a great memory 🙂

I think it is great you get excited before your trips!!!  I understand it and love it!  You just keep the excitement alive and enjoy!!!!

I start getting excited the minute we book! 😉

• Like 2

I am also a planner, and get excited from the moment it's booked. My next cruise (barring a deal I can't resist sometime between now and then) is a 16-day Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco on QV next January, and I'm already thinking about excursions and wardrobe and looking at flights and hotels and and and! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

@MrsPeel55

Small tips…..

Purchase all one’s duty free requirements spirits, tobacco etc asap, because there could be a sell-out of specific popular brands.  Most newbies wait until the final days, then complain about the lack of stock.

If wished, purchase a bottle of local wine, spirits or liqueur at each port to enjoy the sail away on one’s balcony.

@PORT ROYAL yes, yes, keep tips coming!!!!  will do!!!

About buying alcohol to consume abroad.... so is it only Duty Free bottles they take away until the end of the cruise? I read that when we looked up the whole itinerary/bookings etc.... so if we buy alcohol or cigarettes in port we can consume during the cruise?  I'm already dreaming of that balcony time!!!! 

• Like 1

@alibabacruisers  @neeuqdrazil

Thanks!!!! yes! I'm enjoying so much hanging around here and learning my way around, today I got a dress I bought for the Gala Evening.. and I keep coming back here to read more posts and keep learning more about the QV and Cunard in general, I'm so delighted and grateful for all of you here that are helping me enjoy my excitement!!!!! ❤️ 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@PORT ROYAL yes, yes, keep tips coming!!!!  will do!!!

About buying alcohol to consume abroad.... so is it only Duty Free bottles they take away until the end of the cruise? I read that when we looked up the whole itinerary/bookings etc.... so if we buy alcohol or cigarettes in port we can consume during the cruise?  I'm already dreaming of that balcony time!!!! 

One can bring onboard whatever one can carry (or by trolly or sack wheelbarrow) at embarkation.   One has even rolled onboard a barrel of Rhum at Martinique.  This caused much amusement.

Then the same amounts apply to each visited port.  

Correct, only Duty Free liquor purchased from the onboard Duty Free is held until the penultimate day.  Cigarettes and Cigars can be taken away immediately from onboard Duty Free

Cunard treat their guests as responsible adults.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 2

@PORT ROYAL thanks once again!!!  And I reckon they certainly do...

We were delighted with the level of professionalism but at the same time very friendly people when we booked on the phone.... and (I think I have said this before) even more delighted when we called a couple of times after booked and paid for a bunch of things extra, that the level of friendly, extremely helpful staff does not go away after they did the sale!

❤️ 

9 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@PORT ROYAL thanks once again!!!  And I reckon they certainly do...

We were delighted with the level of professionalism but at the same time very friendly people when we booked on the phone.... and (I think I have said this before) even more delighted when we called a couple of times after booked and paid for a bunch of things extra, that the level of friendly, extremely helpful staff does not go away after they did the sale!

❤️

Don’t forget the purchase of Carnival Shares.  

Trading currently at about $10 per share, so the outlay will be approximately $1000, with the ROI for this single 7 night cruise will be roughly 10%.  Some Cunarders actually achieved a ROI of 100% in a year.  What other global stock can offer this?  A no brainer.

Don’t forget to book future 2023/24 cruises onboard, with the Cunard Fare.  By taking the Cunard Fare, one is allowed to “move” one cruise to another (later - 2025?) without any penalty.  
Cunard Fare gives total flexibility and makes allowances for any unforeseen circumstances.  Also receiving some nice OBC (aka Free Money)

• Like 2

@PORT ROYAL thanks again! and LOL @ Fake Money!!!!!

I got my eyes on a QM2,  I have been looking at Cunard solely (is the only cruise company I received solidly emails for 3 or 4 years) and we almost booked the Bruges one, but - on the phone with the Cunard lady who was booking us!- my daughter realised she got her best friend wedding dates wrong (and she will be mid of honour so...no way we could not be there!!!)  we ended up with this one (West Med on QV) which I actually think got us an even better deal  🙂 

Do you know if they allow disability scooters on their ships? 

They have a sizing allowed for wheelchairs, not a problem with mine at the moment as is a transit one, extremely light weight and small (I'm tiny too! LOL)

The one I was buying before the pandemic is a remote control one, you can detach the battery and opens and closes by (of course) that remote control, is allowed in airlines.... 

2 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

I got my eyes on a QM2,  I have been looking at Cunard solely (is the only cruise company I received solidly emails for 3 or 4 years) and we almost booked the Bruges one, but - on the phone with the Cunard lady who was booking us!- my daughter realised she got her best friend wedding dates wrong (and she will be mid of honour so...no way we could not be there!!!)  we ended up with this one (West Med on QV) which I actually think got us an even better deal  🙂 

They have a sizing allowed for wheelchairs, not a problem with mine at the moment as is a transit one, extremely light weight and small (I'm tiny too! LOL)

The one I was buying before the pandemic is a remote control one, you can detach the battery and opens and closes by (of course) that remote control, is allowed in airlines.... 

Seriously suggest the scooter question is asked directly to Cunard, by ‘phone and request their confirmations of allowed types etc be confirmed in writing.  Seem to remember a past complaint on CC by scooter owners, because parking was not allowed outside their staterooms.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Yes, scooters are allowed but with certain restrictions.

This has been asked many times and has caught a couple of people out as they didn't either read the T&C for disabled travel or chose to think because their transport was small and foldable, it would be accepted in any cabin..Not true.

A designated  cabin has to be booked for scooter usage, accessible and a few non accessible cabins.

This link will help

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/accessibility/accessible-staterooms

If you go into it, click on the non-accessible staterooms on the appropriate ship and you can find the list of cabins/numbers which will be appropriate for scooters.

May I add, there are ways around this. Foldable wheelchairs are OK for any cabin and strangely enough, that includes some foldable power chairs too so all the advantages of electric transport but can go in any cabin. 🙂

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

@PORT ROYAL & @Victoria2 thanks again!

Yes, when it comes to travel, even if booking online initially, before I put my money in, I like talking to whatever doubts I would have with a person over the phone.

I look through all available cruises in Cunard after realising we couldn't do the Bruges one, we look through the QV West Med thoroughly online, but we called to book, then explained about my wheelchair, my daughter measured and it turns out is half the size of their requirements, but this is a transit wheelchair which my daughter pushes... but I was asking thinking about future ones, if my daughter is not available to come with me and I don't find anyone who is free to come with me, I see that Cunard has a dedicated thing for solo travellers? 

I will give them a call to find out for sure, before I make the decision to buy the scooter again... I almost bought one in 2019, my daughter was working in Seville and I was gonna go stay with her for a bit, they didn't have the scooter I wanted in stock until it was too late because my daughter would be coming back to the UK..... a "lucky" thing (ironically!) that the pandemic came, so now I have time and the money to find one I could do more traveling with....

By what I'm reading from you guys here, I reckon my expectations of what the trip will be are right!

I'm excited and so glad you are here, so much I am learning that I wouldn't have a clue if I didn't read!!!! ❤️ 

and just bear in mind, if you want to book a non adapted cabin in order to  house your electric scooter, the available cabins on Cunard are all within Grills' categories which for  a solo, means 200% fare payable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Seriously suggest the scooter question is asked directly to Cunard, by ‘phone and request their confirmations of allowed types etc be confirmed in writing.  Seem to remember a past complaint on CC by scooter owners, because parking was not allowed outside their staterooms.

No need to phone through. The conditions are all clearly laid out on the Cunard site.

• Like 1