Arvia Adventure Begins - May 2023

Megabear2

10 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

I know we are very lucky with OBC and we also benefit from military and shareholder OBC, which many will not.  A tip, though, - but certainly not financial advice as I'm not qualified to give that and it would be inappropriate on here - at current prices, buying 100 CCL shares will cost about £800.  For that, you (as a single traveller or a couple, there's no double dibs for a couple if they are both shareholders) will get £150 OBC for every 2-week cruise you do on P&O and $250 on Cunard, Princess and Holland America.  For someone who travels as much as you do on CCL ships, I sense that you'd more than recover your initial outlay in the first year after you bought them.

Thanks to similar advice on this forum, I purchased 100 Carnival Shares last month for £700 and, as a result, my Shareholder benefit OBC for our P&O and Cunard cruises during 2023 and 2024 has totalled £950, plus the shares have gone up £100 in value. So a £700 outlay has generated £1,750 in a matter of weeks and will continue to grow in the future. Why can’t all my financial investments perform like that? 🤔😂

• Like 9

Just now, zap99 said:

Last year the 3 meal package on RC was £90pp, on X £120pp. Add on the tip. Not cheap anymore.

I haven't sailed RC for 5 years and never used the speciality restaurants.  Celebrity gave a 4 meal package free on my sailing last year and also my upcoming one in December.  I only look to book these when offers are on, never intend to pay for them.  My bill on Edge last year was zero as everything was in my fare.  Only on a week but we ate in every select restaurant once and Eden twice.

To be honest I wouldn't use them very often unless I'm with my husband or friend. The latter is very much younger than me and wants to try everything to say she's done it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

I do not like dining alone, so never use speciality restaurants. Fixed dining in MDR is much better for me. 

Exactly, I am of the same opinion.

We all get different things out of a cruise and what might seem awful situation to one person another will be quite indifferent  to it. 

One of the reasons I like cruising with P&O is I get to share a table with lots of different people, which I really enjoy. To pay for a meal in a speciality restaurant sat by myself , possibly looking at a wall would be quite ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

For those who are on arvia or been on arvia recently.

Are the high ropes complementary and is there a hight limit?

Thanks in advance. 

There is a charge for Altitude (but don't know how much) and there is a minimum height requirement.

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Thanks in advance. 

As purple sea writes, there is a charge; it is £8 for an adult. It was free when we sailed on the maiden TA in January; perhaps that was just to see how popular it would be. 

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Thanks in advance. 

17 minutes ago, TigerB said:

As purple sea writes, there is a charge; it is £8 for an adult. It was free when we sailed on the maiden TA in January; perhaps that was just to see how popular it would be. 

Further to the above, I have just checked an old Horizon from April. It show the prices as £7.50 for adults and £2.50 for children. It gives no details of age or height restrictions.

24 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Thanks all. Its disappointing you have to pay considering MSC is free for their high ropes. 

But thanks for the answers 👍

It was fully booked every day it was operational so it seems very popular.

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Thanks all. Its disappointing you have to pay considering MSC is free for their high ropes. 

But thanks for the answers 👍

Yes, it is.

On our January cruise is was full all the time. I'm not sure if it was P&O's intention to start charging once Arvia had been cruising a while or, because it was so popular, they have seen it as an opportunity for yet more nickel and diming.

To be fair, I tried it once, s#@t my pants, so won't bother again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

I know we are very lucky with OBC and we also benefit from military and shareholder OBC, which many will not.  A tip, though, - but certainly not financial advice as I'm not qualified to give that and it would be inappropriate on here - at current prices, buying 100 CCL shares will cost about £800.  For that, you (as a single traveller or a couple, there's no double dibs for a couple if they are both shareholders) will get £150 OBC for every 2-week cruise you do on P&O and $250 on Cunard, Princess and Holland America.  For someone who travels as much as you do on CCL ships, I sense that you'd more than recover your initial outlay in the first year after you 

Edited by Winifred 22
Typos

On 5/29/2023 at 10:51 AM, cruising.mark.uk said:

I know we are very lucky with OBC and we also benefit from military and shareholder OBC, which many will not.  A tip, though, - but certainly not financial advice as I'm not qualified to give that and it would be inappropriate on here - at current prices, buying 100 CCL shares will cost about £800.  For that, you (as a single traveller or a couple, there's no double dibs for a couple if they are both shareholders) will get £150 OBC for every 2-week cruise you do on P&O and $250 on Cunard, Princess and Holland America.  For someone who travels as much as you do on CCL ships, I sense that you'd more than recover your initial outlay in the first year after you bought them.

Sorry for jumping in here but do you know if i was to buy 100 shares today if i could have them applied to my 14 night cruise on Arvia on the 9th of July please?

2 minutes ago, mandymac said:

Sorry for jumping in here but do you know if i was to buy 100 shares today if i could have them applied to my 14 night cruise on Arvia on the 9th of July please?

Yes, you will be able to do that.

You will need a copy of your certificate or proof of ownership. Remember to delete/obscure your account number

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerB said:

Yes, you will be able to do that.

You will need a copy of your certificate or proof of ownership. Remember to delete/obscure your account number

thanks very much for your reply and advice... once i buy them do i need to email p&O or am i better to call them?. Does it matter who you buy them from? Sorry for all the questions ive never bought shares before. Do different share companies take different fees?

6 minutes ago, mandymac said:

thanks very much for your reply and advice... once i buy them do i need to email p&O or am i better to call them?. Does it matter who you buy them from? Sorry for all the questions ive never bought shares before. Do different share companies take different fees?

Buy from whomever you are comfortable with.  We purchased from Hargreaves Lansdown; it was a simple process and our fees were the standard £11.95 plus a couple of quid extra. We got our proof of ownership the same day.

Send the proof of ownership, including your cruise details, to: 

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Buy from whomever you are comfortable with.  We purchased from Hargreaves Lansdown; it was a simple process and our fees were the standard £11.95 plus a couple of quid extra. We got our proof of ownership the same day.

Send the proof of ownership, including your cruise details, to: 

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

sorry just one more question lol can i apply this to any cabin? and can it be used on a cruise booked with a saver fare? oops sorry thats two lol

38 minutes ago, mandymac said:

sorry just one more question lol can i apply this to any cabin? and can it be used on a cruise booked with a saver fare? oops sorry thats two lol

Any cabin, and can be used for both Early Saver and Saver.  Occasionally there may other substantially discounted fares which they may not let you have the OBC for.  Only happened to us once in over 30 cruises.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Any cabin, and can be used for both Early Saver and Saver.  Occasionally there may other substantially discounted fares which they may not let you have the OBC for.  Only happened to us once in over 30 cruises.

Thanks so much for your quick reply