Civitavecchia shuttle bus 🚌 port to train station 🚉 fare increase

little britain

Quite the increase -- wasn't it 2 euro pp before?

At 6 euros, it's more expensive for the 5-10 minute drive to the port gate on the bus than for the regional train ride from Rome to Civitavecchia (currently 4.90 euro per person)!

Edited to add:  Ahh, I see this is for the Port Mobility bus from the train station direct to the ships, not for the local bus that goes from the train station to the port gates.

Edited by cruisemom42

On Saturday I saw two kind of busses - they white/grey ones saying Port Mobility on the side. I assume those are the ones still going to Largo della Pace.

Then there were green busses saying "Porto - Stazione" at the front. Those are be the 6 Euro busses (according to the sign in the window).

As I had my transfer to the airport included I didn´t check the busses.

steamboats

IMG_20230513_083906.jpg

IMG_20230513_082129.jpg

Edited by steamboats

The 6 euro bus takes you to your ship, but be sure it's going to your ship.  If there are multiple ships boarding on the same day there will/may be distinct buses.  The less expensive buses go to Largo della Pace where you change to the free port shuttle.

18 hours ago, Piper77 said:

Do the green busses take you right to the ship?  Or just to the gates and then we’d still need a white shuttle bus?

The photo was taken right in front of the terminal building. So, yes, they take you right to the ship.

steamboats

I’m not sure the bus color means anything.  On May 8th, I took a white “Port Mobility” bus from the train station directly to my ship.  The price was 6 euros per person.  Pay the driver.  There was a sign in the windshield saying this.  He likely doesn’t have change for large bills.  And, yes, be certain to ask the driver if he goes to your ship.  There were multiple buses, each going to different ships.  Our driver was doing a very good job of asking everyone which ship they needed and he directed some people to another bus for their ship. Our bus did not have a sign saying which ship it went to, so you had to ask the driver.  In my opinion, this is a good service and worth 6 euros. 

6 Euro single ride is pretty overpriced for Italy actually regarding the fact that the BIRG ticket is 12 Euro and is valid all day for the train from Civitavecchia to Rome plus all public transportation in Rome. The additional bus from Largo della Pace to the train station was something inbetween 1.50 and 2.50 Euro for a single ride.

steamboats