Chefs Table Discount

I want to book Chefs Table for my upcoming cruise. I was waiting to see the current itinerary to figure out which day I wanted to do it based on menus. Of course, the day the menus are posted, the price goes up.

Does Chefs Table typically get discounted ON the ship? Or, like most cruise planner things, am I better off booking in advance?

11 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

Does Chefs Table typically get discounted ON the ship?

Yes, but like all things on the ship, it varies.

BTW, you don't have to wait for the menus to show up in the app for your cruise - most of the time you can figure it out by looking at a much closer in sailing on the same ship or similar on another ship.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but like all things on the ship, it varies.

BTW, you don't have to wait for the menus to show up in the app for your cruise - most of the time you can figure it out by looking at a much closer in sailing on the same ship or similar on another ship.

I know. That’s what I did. The ship only started doing the 9 day itinerary I’m doing last week. 

I have found Chef's table is more often bundled into a package onboard more than being discounted by itself.  Like I see Chef's table and chops for like 110/person.  Not much of a discount, but discounted from what was on the cruise planner.  Also, I rarely if ever see Chef's table's price change much on the planner, its almost always around 90 bucks/person total.

*edit* Price went up on my Jewel cruise to $84.99/person, which puts it at 200.40 for 2 with tip.  

Edited by Rogueperson

2 hours ago, PGHProducer said:

I want to book Chefs Table for my upcoming cruise. I was waiting to see the current itinerary to figure out which day I wanted to do it based on menus. Of course, the day the menus are posted, the price goes up.

Does Chefs Table typically get discounted ON the ship? Or, like most cruise planner things, am I better off booking in advance?

Chef's Table menu changes every 3 -  5 years. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Chef's Table menu changes every 3 -  5 years. 

Right. I'm not concerned about that. I was concerned about the order of MDR menus-- especially for a 9 day.

The USA Night menu does NOTHING for me.

50 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

I was concerned about the order of MDR menus-- especially for a 9 day.

You can book it now in the planner for the most likely night. When you get on the ship, if the night is not good or the price on board is cheaper you can move the date or cancel (for OBC) and buy on board.

Just now, Biker19 said:

You can book it now in the planner for the most likely night. When you get on the ship, if the night is not good or the price on board is cheaper you can move the date or cancel (for OBC) and buy on board.

If I move the night on board, will they honor the price I paid? 

3 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

If I move the night on board, will they honor the price I paid? 

Yes, moving planner bought items shouldn't be an issue. Availability for a particular night might be, but unlikely.