Forward vs Mid

BAMCPM

Is it true the front rooms are way more rocky? I and my son get motion sickness easily and I have to decide between a MID on deck 13 (club family balocny), and a Front deck 8 (club balcony larger balcony). Thank you!

1 minute ago, BAMCPM said:

Is it true the front rooms are way more rocky? I and my son get motion sickness easily and I have to decide between a MID on deck 13 (club family balcony), and a Front deck 8 (club balcony larger balcony). Thank you!

More likely to feel motion forward than mid. But, 5 decks higher mid-ship may, or may not, be "as" noticeable for you.  Patches, pills, pressure point wrist bands, ginger ale, &/or green apples are all helpful for many people!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep.  I do drink ginger ale on the ship (along with some bourbon) and I sleep great and wake up refreshed.

Lol, I love ginger ale, but, I've never had Bourbon so no idea about that but I'm sure it must be great.  

• Haha 1

We seriously avoid forward cabins and favor mid-ship and low as possible while still keeping away from public areas above and below us.  We have been in far aft cabins a couple of times and did not find the motion a problem there.  However, we could have just been lucky with calm seas. 

Definitely book mid ship or aft.  I have cruised in cabins forward, mid and aft and the 2 times I had forward cabins, I had sea sickness.  Never again and a reason why I will never book a guaranteed cabin or bid on an upgrade.  Not worth it to me

18 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

We seriously avoid forward cabins and favor mid-ship and low as possible while still keeping away from public areas above and below us.  We have been in far aft cabins a couple of times and did not find the motion a problem there.  However, we could have just been lucky with calm seas. 

Cruise "experts" (whoever they are) generally say the forward cabins are the worst for people prone to seasickness. The theory is that the front portion of the ship has the most drastic upward and downward movement. But don't quote me on that...I've never been seasick, except on a small fishing boat (where I think I was sitting in the front...)

1 minute ago, schmoopie17 said:

Cruise "experts" (whoever they are) generally say the forward cabins are the worst for people prone to seasickness. The theory is that the front portion of the ship has the most drastic upward and downward movement. But don't quote me on that...I've never been seasick, except on a small fishing boat (where I think I was sitting in the front...)

Yes, I recall having to leave the theater (usually way up front) a couple of times because I was getting queasy and I recovered quickly by going to a more mid-ship location.  Also recall having to leave the Lido once (high deck) and was fine as soon as I went back down to steerage. 

Interestingly, neither my husband nor myself get seasick anymore but we both used to be very susceptible.  Also, I remember trying the various remedies and believing they were all making me sleepy.  Now that I don't need to use them I've come to realize that it is actually the ship's motion that is causing my sleepiness.