Early Dining Time on Wonder - 5PM really? - How late can me show up?

To those that are worried about the large lunch they may have had that day, followed by early dining time....there is nothing wrong with simply having a light dinner on those days.  

Soup...salad..etc.   There are many times I have simply had a couple of appetizers or one with a salad.  There is no rule that you have to have a large full dinner with dessert in the MDR every night. 😉 

And there is always the WJ for later night munchies if they should happen to occur.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

To those that are worried about the large lunch they may have had that day, followed by early dining time....there is nothing wrong with simply having a light dinner on those days.  

I find myself in this situation a lot. Dinner can wind up being one of my smaller meals… especially after too many DL or SL snacks. 🙈

• Haha 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

I find myself in this situation a lot. Dinner can wind up being one of my smaller meals… especially after too many DL or SL snacks. 🙈

You probably heard the old saying about dining....Eat breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a King, and dinner like a pauper.   Really is easier on old folks like I am not to have a huge dinner to digest late anyway.  😉 

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

You probably heard the old saying about dining....Eat breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a King, and dinner like a pauper.   Really is easier on old folks like I am not to have a huge dinner to digest late anyway.  😉 

As an added bonus it makes the adult beverages more effective later in the evening. 😉 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

As an added bonus it makes the adult beverages more effective later in the evening. 😉 😄

😄   Indeed...Bucky loves his Drambuie after dinner most nights.  

33 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Love those DL chicken wings, easily have a dozen with a few drinks.  Then off to late seating or 8pm specialty, no wonder I gain a pound a day. Last combo cruise was 17 nights and I came home up 14 pounds. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

no wonder I gain a pound a day. Last combo cruise was 17 nights and I came home up 14 pounds. 

Thats what worries me about ever trying one longer than 7 nights. I typically gain 7-10 lbs on a 7-nighter. Several lbs. are water weight & come right off but still.

I try to lose a few in the weeks leading up to a cruise to help counter the impending gain.

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Love those DL chicken wings

You talked them up! There were jerk chicken wings in the SL tonight & I didn’t love the CK menu so I had about 8. Impressively spicy (as jerk should be but often times places tone down the spice).

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2023 at 7:45 PM, latebuyer said:

Just be glad you are not on princess. They have eliminated traditional dining on their cruises and there is a huge long thread on it on cruise critic with many dissatisfied.

Good to know this, now I can totally ignore them when researching itineraries for my Doctor Who celebrity/fan voyages, as traditional late seating dining is a must have for the way we operate, anything else just won't work. Already swore off NCL for a similar treason, their traditional late seating is ludicrously late at 9:30, and they HAVE lost potential bookings from us at least 3 times in the last dozen years over that policy.

23ShipAbove1VH80.jpg

We were on a back to back in May. had 5 pm dining, not a fan at all. for our first week if you didn't come until 5:30, it was ok, never rushed. The second week, another table and waiters, a different story. we were told we had to be there by 5:15 and were extremely rushed. Since MTD was changed this is how it works now. Just gotta go with the flow!

Marg