If Yacht Club is sold out, could it become available again?

kaz828

I have found an itinerary I really like but YC is sold out, is it possible a cabin may open up later?

Also, is it best to go with their travel insurance or are 3rd party insurance a better option?

50 minutes ago, kaz828 said:

I have found an itinerary I really like but YC is sold out, is it possible a cabin may open up later?

Yes, we booked that way a couple of times but you really need to check daily....with an abundance of patience! 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kaz828 said:

I really like but YC is sold out,

Just make sure it isn't sold out due to a large travel group. They tend to close certain venues on the ship for their functions thus limiting the overall experience.

Also it can happen. We had to cancel our April cruise in the YC just a month before sailing because DW became ill on our HAL Nieuw Amsterdam cruise and was hospitalized. Insurance kicked in and refunded us and opened up a cabin for someone.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just make sure it isn't sold out due to a large travel group. They tend to close certain venues on the ship for their functions thus limiting the overall experience.

Also it can happen. We had to cancel our April cruise in the YC just a month before sailing because DW became ill on our HAL Nieuw Amsterdam cruise and was hospitalized. Insurance kicked in and refunded us and opened up a cabin for someone.

How would I know that is the reason it is sold out? Everything else seems available.

57 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Your travel agent can always call their rep to find out.

Really? I've never been able to find out in the past if there were large groups on my sailings.  The only way is by googling the date and sailing to see if a group has it posted somewhere. We've inadvertently sailed on the annual Goth cruise (wonderful group who were dressed far more dapper than DH), a spring break cruise with 1000+ Canadian teens that were out of control, and a Swingers group 🍍🦩..... Didn't find out until we were onboard.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kaz828 said:

How would I know that is the reason it is sold out? Everything else seems available.

They wouldn't close any of the YC areas, presumably Morph means around the ship generally. Personally have never seen such!

Check right around 90 days before sailing....thats when final payments are due. After that time period...check up to 30 days before sailing as some cabins being held by agencies are released.I realize this leaves you little planning time on flights...but this is how we booked a YC cabin....approc 30-60 days out after being shown sold out for months

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a strategy.  Although the YC deposits are nonrefundable, the deposit amounts are not outrageous.  This increases the odds that somebody will cancel as they near the final payment deadline.  So while it is wise to check on a regular basis (for a suite opening), we think it makes sense to check quite often (seveal times a day) as the final payment date draws near.

Hank

• Like 2

Another slightly related question…

Our daughter wants to cruise MSC Itinerary she really likes.

Has not booked yet.
she is  Still trying to figure out their work schedules before booking YC cabin, Final payment is June 1 for that cruise.

What is the downside to waiting until after final payment date to book YC? Also, if they book cabin and  her husband cannot travel due to work. Can he just be a no show ?
Or should she book as solo ( no solo offers ) and then add him to booking when he clears work schedule?

Edited by phissy

On 5/20/2023 at 6:41 PM, phissy said:

Another slightly related question…

Our daughter wants to cruise MSC Itinerary she really likes.

Has not booked yet.
she is  Still trying to figure out their work schedules before booking YC cabin, Final payment is June 1 for that cruise.

What is the downside to waiting until after final payment date to book YC? Also, if they book cabin and  her husband cannot travel due to work. Can he just be a no show ?
Or should she book as solo ( no solo offers ) and then add him to booking when he clears work schedule?

The biggest downside is that the YC may be sold out!  This happens on many MSC cruises, sometimes a year or more before the cruise.  

Hank

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

The biggest downside is that the YC may be sold out!  This happens on many MSC cruises, sometimes a year or more before the cruise.  

Hank

Thanks Hank.

i have the same concerns.
 I have been watching it and there are 18 cabins still available. 
I still think she should book before final payment, so  her TA would get the commission.

Pat

I suppose it is possible. For our forthcoming cruise we really wanted a YC Duplex, but there was not one available. We booked a YC balcony, and our TA called us a few weeks later to say that a Duplex had become available and did we still want it. We did, and updated the booking.

That said, we'd only sail on MSC in YC - so if there had been no YC room available, we would not have made a booking.

• Like 2