TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

12 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

I was starting to get nervous for you! As for the Stars, where the hell were they last night?! At least you won't have to figure out the timing of the games. Enjoy your trip!

completely pathetic. And so unexpected. No idea what Jamie Benn was thinking. And not facing the media three hours later? Weak. You’re right! One less thing to distract me from the voyage!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

completely pathetic. And so unexpected. No idea what Jamie Benn was thinking. And not facing the media three hours later? Weak. You’re right! One less thing to distract me from the voyage!

Try being a Bruins fan....When they matched up with FLA I wasn't thrilled. And look at what happened. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Try being a Bruins fan....When they matched up with FLA I wasn't thrilled. And look at what happened. 

It's rare that the team that wins the President's Trophy for best record, actually wins the cup. It's not unusual for the lower seeds to make a good run. The Panthers had to play playoff hockey a month before the playoffs started, just to make the playoffs. Looking like the finals will be between two teams that haven't won a cup yet. I'll pick the Panthers in six. :classic_cool:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

It's rare that the team that wins the President's Trophy for best record, actually wins the cup. It's not unusual for the lower seeds to make a good run. The Panthers had to play playoff hockey a month before the playoffs started, just to make the playoffs. Looking like the finals will be between two teams that haven't won a cup yet. I'll pick the Panthers in six. :classic_cool:

hockey is weird like that! I’ve seen mediocre teams ride a hot goalie to the promised land, and 8 seeds in the finals….. I was about to say it doesn’t work that way in the NBA, but then I realized Miami is a game away…. (See, the Miami Heat. Micky Arison. Carnival. Tied it all back together baby!)

I saw Elton John play at the Panthers arena once. That’s about my only connection to that franchise….. nothing screams classic Stanley Cup battle like Vegas vs. Miami

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We’re well under 50 pounds here. It’s so low I’m almost concerned, but then i

remember I have a small backpack too, which I normally don’t…. Plus, the unlimited laundry onboard is gonna be strong to quite strong 

IMG_9874.thumb.jpeg.e3f3854d0518b83cb564e2f4ac8b5dc5.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

That is exactly why I was praying they wouldn't match up with FLA. They have bullied every team so far! Nothing like having the cup finals in Fort Liquordale and Vegas...Drink up! I cant argue with you, Panthers in 6! Bob-o is HOT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Well, if you wanna look at the bright side, looks like the Stars aren’t gonna bother to distract me from much prep tonight….

Could that have been a more pathetic effort in such a meaningful game?  And how about Jamie Benn deciding to put his team in such a deep hole so early in the game, and then be completely un-captain-like and not speak to the media after the game?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Just posted by JH along with word that she will be ready on time! Woo! #fingerscrossed 

IMG_9873.thumb.jpeg.55f7a58d83e6642db031253c28a2dc13.jpeg

Uh...they need to hurry up and fill up that water basin, and finish painting, otherwise you're on the "Carni" ship!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, CeleBrat said:

Uh...they need to hurry up and fill up that water basin, and finish painting, otherwise you're on the "Carni" ship!

believe me, I’m pretty sure I’ve DEFINITELY sailed that one before. 😂

• Haha 2

So we’ve had these flights booked together through AA for months. Seats picked and everything. DFW-JFK and then JFK-LHR on BA. Have the BA app, it just asked me to check in and get my boarding pass, and voila - seats changed completely. Now I’m in a seat that doesn’t recline next to two bathrooms. No idea what happened. B booked it originally, she’s checking hers now, but we had these seats booked and locked in for months, and one check in and ::poof::…. May have to see what’s up at the airport. 

• Like 1

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

So we’ve had these flights booked together through AA for months. Seats picked and everything. DFW-JFK and then JFK-LHR on BA. Have the BA app, it just asked me to check in and get my boarding pass, and voila - seats changed completely. Now I’m in a seat that doesn’t recline next to two bathrooms. No idea what happened. B booked it originally, she’s checking hers now, but we had these seats booked and locked in for months, and one check in and ::poof::…. May have to see what’s up at the airport. 

Did you check the app for seats?  Possibly better ones are available, and you can change on the app.  Wouldn't explain why they changed, but maybe you can get something better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Did you check the app for seats?  Possibly better ones are available, and you can change on the app.  Wouldn't explain why they changed, but maybe you can get something better.

yep. Won’t let me do anything on the app. Won’t even let B check in and her seat number is gone entirely. Not sure if this is an AA/BA communication issue or what. Gonna have to sort it out. 

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

yep. Won’t let me do anything on the app. Won’t even let B check in and her seat number is gone entirely. Not sure if this is an AA/BA communication issue or what. Gonna have to sort it out. 

Possible change of equipment/type of plane?

• Like 1

On our United nonstop from Newark to Barcelona they changed planes on us and went from a two across side to a bigger three across.  We didn't want a middle seat so changed to two aisles next to each other.  Both seats next to us have been vacant until today.😭  Was hoping for the extra room.  Leaving tomorrow.

• Like 2

Have fun!  We will be heading for the airport ourselves in about 4 hours.

We have to head to the airport extra early because we were unable to check our youngest son in online. Sigh. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Have fun!  We will be heading for the airport ourselves in about 4 hours.

We have to head to the airport extra early because we were unable to check our youngest son in online. Sigh. 

Yep. I can’t check my youngest girlfriend in either. Ain’t air travel fun?!? (I think @Jamman54 may have it right)

• Haha 8