ELITE LAUNDRY?

MisterMet

5 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

So, is a B2B considered two sailings?  So if both are elite they can have 4 bags of laundry, two each leg?

Thanks!

Correct - the same applies to all your Elite perks including internet. Also be aware that nothing carries over for example any unused OBC on the first cruise will disappear. Shareholder benefits also apply to each sector - just put in 2 claims.

• Like 1

In case it has not been already mentioned, remember to remove the adhesive cabin tags that they stick inside garments especially men's shirts. After about 6 months they go hard and brittle - start to itch and are a devil to remove. Sometimes you wonder  "how long ago was I in that cabin " ?" was i ever in that cabin ?".

Only send the robust stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are elite plus and use the laundry service.  For underwear, PJ's, and inexpensive polo shirts no problem. We hand wash swim suits.   For any good clothing, we send out for dry cleaning.  My DH has good shorts, shirts and slacks as do I, and we prefer dry cleaning- Clothes come back pressed nicely.

We have a misc fund when we cruise for dry cleaning.  We typically bring good items to dry clean, unless we spill something on them, or want to wear another day.  I really like pressed clothes.  Don't enjoy looking like a sack of wrinkles- and yes, I do bring downy spray to reduce some wrinkles.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

We separate based on what we do at home. Most of our underwear and socks are dark. Few lighter colors (not white).  Are you saying, you believe they wash all colors together? 

Correct, these are huge washers and dryers, I believe they just stuff the washer/dryers with the maximum amount of passengers bags (if I remember correctly, they remove your contents from the bag, tag individual clothing and place in a mesh bag to wash); can validate next time if you ask them. 

Same with other requests like cold water, medium heat, delicate cycle, wash my bag in it's own washer/dryer, etc, it all just gets ignored...If you use their laundry services it all gets mixed together and will be washed in hot water

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Even if YOU partition it up, I wonder if they don't just throw these bags in an individual net and wash it together with those of other cabins, irrespective of what colors are inside.

No idea. The darks and lights are separated when returned. 

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Correct, these are huge washers and dryers, I believe they just stuff the washer/dryers with the maximum amount of passengers bags (if I remember correctly, they remove your contents from the bag, tag individual clothing and place in a mesh bag to wash); can validate next time if you ask them. 

Same with other requests like cold water, medium heat, delicate cycle, wash my bag in it's own washer/dryer, etc, it all just gets ignored...If you use their laundry services it all gets mixed together and will be washed in hot water

Agree about the mesh bags. You believe but don't know for sure. I don't either.  It's only underwear and socks. No biggie. We aren't around when the bags are picked up and returned. Not worth my time questioning the staff about it. When we use to bring formal wear I would send my white dress shirts out to be washed and pressed and they never looked off color when returned. We'll continue separating the darks from the lights. Two bags why not. 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree about the mesh bags. You believe but don't know for sure. I don't either.  It's only underwear and socks. No biggie. We aren't around when the bags are picked up and returned. Not worth my time questioning the staff about it. When we use to bring formal wear I would send my white dress shirts out to be washed and pressed and they never looked off color when returned. We'll continue separating the darks from the lights. Two bags why not. 

Which is why I originally said ask them next time you try but sounds like you're not interested.  I did do the tour and saw how big the washers and dryers were

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

Which is why I originally said ask them next time you try but sounds like you're not interested.  I did do the tour and saw how big the washers and dryers were

I'll let you take the lead on that as you are more interested. 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting this old thread ...

This will be my first cruise as an Elite, and my first B2B coming up ... I've got a few questions.

If they are counting 30 items for the elite bag, how do socks count? is one pair one item or two?

For a 14 day cruise, you could easily burn through 30 items in just socks and underwear alone, especially if socks count two items.

My plan is to use it for socks, underwear, and gym clothes, and working out every day ... on a B2B of two 14 night cruses (28 nights total) ... Seems like I'll probably need to pay for another bag, or pack enough for extra nights?

How do others handle it with long cruises?

Edited by someguyfl

48 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

Resurrecting this old thread ...

This will be my first cruise as an Elite, and my first B2B coming up ... I've got a few questions.

If they are counting 30 items for the elite bag, how do socks count? is one pair one item or two?

For a 14 day cruise, you could easily burn through 30 items in just socks and underwear alone, especially if socks count two items.

My plan is to use it for socks, underwear, and gym clothes, and working out every day ... on a B2B of two 14 night cruses (28 nights total) ... Seems like I'll probably need to pay for another bag, or pack enough for extra nights?

How do others handle it with long cruises?

one pair of socks = 1 item of laundry

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

No different treatment, whether it’s a perk or you are paying for it!😱

After having done the behind-the-scenes tour on Celebrity Edge, and seeing how the laundry is done ... I'd only use their wash-and-fold service for very sturdy clothes like gym clothes, underwear, socks, and maybe a cheap pair of jeans for dirty excursions or something like that ...

Their wash-and-fold goes through giant industrial washers at high temperature, mixed with all other customer and staff clothes... It's not a mild process... At home, I wash most of my clothes at cold temperature, and don't even put most of my T-shirts in the dryer, in order to keep them looking nice...

For anything I actually cared about... I'd use their dry cleaning.