ELITE LAUNDRY?

MisterMet

Benefits

• Complimentary Captain’s Club Daily Elite cocktail hour
  • Access to daily coffee lounge for exclusive breakfast
  • One complimentary bag of laundry
  • Complimentary dry cleaning of one item
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)
  • 10% discount at The Spa
  • 30% off internet package or internet upgrade
  • 10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • 40% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Priority tender service in tender ports of call
  • Status Match with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society at Diamond Level

Is the Elite Laundry benefit mentioned above 1 bag per person per sailing or one bag per stateroom per sailing?  DW and I are both Elite and doing B2B on Equinox in August.  So two bags per sailing or 1 bag per sailing?  Might effect how much/what we pack.  Just wondering? 

Edited by MisterMet

On bag per Elite member per sailing, so if both you and your spouse are Elite, you'll get 2 bags of 30 items each (20 items on certain water restricted cruises - Alaska cruises).

Harris

Denver, CO

2 minutes ago, omeinv said:

On bag per Elite member per sailing, so if both you and your spouse are Elite, you'll get 2 bags of 30 items each (20 items on certain water restricted cruises - Alaska cruises).

Harris

Denver, CO

Thank you Harris for your help.  

3 minutes ago, MisterMet said:

That's why I'm here.  🙂 

Well, that and to give snarky answers to some posts. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 10

12 minutes ago, MisterMet said:

Also as you are B2B the "last date for laundry" doesn't apply so you can put the second bag in much later.

Another tip: although the offer is "wash and fold" not press if you add a note that says "please return the items on hangers, thank you" the laundry will come back almost as good as pressed. As they don't have to do it please remember the "please and thank you". It's always worked for us.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Also as you are B2B the "last date for laundry" doesn't apply so you can put the second bag in much later.

Another tip: although the offer is "wash and fold" not press if you add a note that says "please return the items on hangers, thank you" the laundry will come back almost as good as pressed. As they don't have to do it please remember the "please and thank you". It's always worked for us.

Thank you for the tips.  I would like to put some button down shirts in and would prefer them on hangers.  I'll give it a try.

45 minutes ago, MisterMet said:

Thank you for the tips.  I would like to put some button down shirts in and would prefer them on hangers.  I'll give it a try.

I'd strongly reconsider sending those with the complimentary laundry bag.

• Thanks 1

Our experience:

30 items don't all have to fit into one cloth bag. They can be split between multiple bags. Fill out a form for each bag and write 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 on form with a total of 30 items. I tied the two bags together just to be safe.

(Our stateroom attendant didn't believe we could use more than one bag, so I got it in writing from the Capt. Club hostess.)

Only time I've gotten clothes back on hangers was when we had them pressed. Everything has just been neatly folded.

We put darks and lights in same bag at times and have never had a color bleed issue-we don't send  "new" clothes however.

Safe travels. (I'm jealous of your B2B.)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MarKay525 said:

Our experience:

30 items don't all have to fit into one cloth bag. They can be split between multiple bags. Fill out a form for each bag and write 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 on form with a total of 30 items. I tied the two bags together just to be safe.

(Our stateroom attendant didn't believe we could use more than one bag, so I got it in writing from the Capt. Club hostess.)

Only time I've gotten clothes back on hangers was when we had them pressed. Everything has just been neatly folded.

We put darks and lights in same bag at times and have never had a color bleed issue-we don't send  "new" clothes however.

First time B2B. Been cruising the boards to learn all about turnaround procedures and such.  Will be the longest time we've been at sea.  Done a 12 night, 11 and 10  REALLY looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info.  Everyone's answers have been very helpful.

s

30 minutes ago, MarKay525 said:

Our experience:

I think someone said to can request cold water wash, but I'm not sure . Someone here will know!!

32 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

I think someone said to can request cold water wash, but I'm not sure . Someone here will know!!

You can request it either by writing it on a slip or asking in person but they do won't actually do it.  They can't use cold water because your bag(s) are just one of many in the same wash and dry cycle so its a health concern

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We only use the Wash N Fold CC laundry perk for underwear and socks. One bag for lights and the other bag for darks. 

The next time you do this, ask the attendant if they really separate them, I can't imagine they actually would have enough bags with lights only

15 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The next time you do this, ask the attendant if they really separate them, I can't imagine they actually would have enough bags with lights only

We separate based on what we do at home. Most of our underwear and socks are dark. Few lighter colors (not white).  Are you saying, you believe they wash all colors together? 

3 hours ago, omeinv said:

Harris

Denver, CO

So, is a B2B considered two sailings?  So if both are elite they can have 4 bags of laundry, two each leg?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

So, is a B2B considered two sailings?  So if both are elite they can have 4 bags of laundry, two each leg?

Thanks!

Yes B2B cruises are two separate cruises. One Wash N Fold bag for each elite member per leg. 4 total bags. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MisterMet said:

Benefits

• Complimentary Captain’s Club Daily Elite cocktail hour
  • Access to daily coffee lounge for exclusive breakfast
  • One complimentary bag of laundry
  • Complimentary dry cleaning of one item
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day)
  • 10% discount at The Spa
  • 30% off internet package or internet upgrade
  • 10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise
  • 40% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Priority tender service in tender ports of call
  • Status Match with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society at Diamond Level

Is the Elite Laundry benefit mentioned above 1 bag per person per sailing or one bag per stateroom per sailing?  DW and I are both Elite and doing B2B on Equinox in August.  So two bags per sailing or 1 bag per sailing?  Might effect how much/what we pack.  Just wondering? 

We are Elite Plus so we each get two bags per cruise. We do mostly B2Bs so that allows us to travel for two weeks with just carryons. Sine we have to fly to all cruises, it saves us the luggage fees the airlines and we don’t have to worry about lost luggage.

Since the elimination of formal nights, we don’t have to bring any dress up clothes. We send everything to the ship’s laundry and never have had any problems on any cruise line or any ship. We’ve been doing this since they first announced the new Elite Plus and it’s perks.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

We only use the Wash N Fold CC laundry perk for underwear and socks. One bag for lights and the other bag for darks. 

Even if YOU partition it up, I wonder if they don't just throw these bags in an individual net and wash it together with those of other cabins, irrespective of what colors are inside.

45 minutes ago, artvlay said:

How is the complimentary dry cleaning?

I sent my pants and shirts. Came back ok. I find the drycleaning prices to be quite reasonable even if you pay for them. I just wonder how the process is compared to the land-based cleaners. Same machine?