latest time to disembark...wife and i will be in miami

csoud68

coming off the celebration next february and wont have a flight back home until 9 pm that night..we wanna be last off..lol....how long can we get away with staying in the lido before we gotta roll out? again we arent in a rush.

Official time 10:00, so depending on the sailing and progress anywhere from 9:30-10:00.

If I were you I would rent a car and do stuff; you have the WHOLE DAY. That's more time than almost all ports of call.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

yes, we do have all day. not sure about renting a car. its probably easier to contact the hotel we are staying at the previous week and ask them if we can drop our bags there. then we can just return around 5 and get them on way to airport. 

Generally they kick everybody off well before 10AM.

I am pretty sure Carnival does have some excursions where they'll take you to the Everglades and then to the airport. Kills some time.

I think we all have spent hours and hours in the Miami airport at one point or another.

• Like 1

Besides the Everglades tour, they sometimes have a tour of Miami Beach followed by transport to the airport.  I have done that and it was a good way to spend part of the day.  A guided tour of Miami Beach and surrounding areas, followed by free time in Miami Beach, enough time to walk around a bit and have lunch.  Sure was better than sitting in the airport all day.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

That's a good excursion.  Hardly anyone gets eaten by the alligators.   😉

At least not that we know.

Last week my local state park where I volunteered had a problem with a local "wild" alligator (as opposed to those that are enclosed by fences in the park) that was strolling along a walkway that park visitors used.

Hey - it happens - we are in Florida and alligators, snakes, bears and bobcats (at least in my area), and various creepy crawlies (spiders, scorpions 😬) are  to be expected.

Yesterday, Rangers and Volunteers were looking for two lost small children (how does a parent lose two small children that should be firmly under the control of the parents, but won't go into that rant here.

I didn't suggest that the alligator pond and Florida panther areas be checked first.

Never heard if the kids were found before I left.