Wheelchair Friendly Motel in Brisbane

DW is currently recovering from ankle surgery and we’re booked to sail out of Brisbane in a few weeks. 
Hopefully she’ll be a little more mobile by then (and able to use a knee scooter) but we do have an accessible cabin on the ship. 
I'm thinking we should probably drive to Brisbane the evening prior to the cruise, just to take the pressure off. Otherwise it’s an early start on embarkation day and everything takes so much longer with DW at the moment. 
Can anyone suggest an affordable motel with an accessible room. Our main requirements would be no stairs (a lift is OK) and an accessible shower with a seat/stool. 

I had a quick look at Lastminute which allows you to filter for room accessibilty and accessible bathrooms and the motel at the top of the list was the often recommened Kingsford Smith Motel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up booking a wheelchair accessible room at the Airport Motel on Kingsford Smith Drive. It was more affordable than some of the other options; a reminder of how cheap cruises are!

I'll report back after we stay there on Tuesday night. 
5 days until our cruise! 😁

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I ended up booking a wheelchair accessible room at the Airport Motel on Kingsford Smith Drive. It was more affordable than some of the other options; a reminder of how cheap cruises are!

I'll report back after we stay there on Tuesday night. 
5 days until our cruise! 😁

Bon Voyage for your cruise!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

Kingsford Smith also offers a free shuttle to the cruise ship terminal, but you have to book it in advance.

That’s OK. I’ve booked parking at the terminal. 😁

8 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

That’s OK. I’ve booked parking at the terminal. 😁

Some of these Hamilton hotels also offer cheap undercover parking while you are away. Much more convenient from the terminal, but that is an option if the price is everything.

It is a nice enough hotel, and much nicer than the one you tried in Seattle.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

…It is a nice enough hotel, and much nicer than the one you tried in Seattle.

I hope so! I’d forgotten about that. At least there won’t be any jet lag (or Phernergan) this time but I'll set an alarm just in case. 

• Haha 1

The Airport Motel in Brisbane has so far proved adequate. Nothing flash and a little tired in places but it’s clean and comfortable. DW is yet to try the shower. 
We should be on the ship in another 5 or 6 hours. 😁

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

The Airport Motel in Brisbane has so far proved adequate. Nothing flash and a little tired in places but it’s clean and comfortable. DW is yet to try the shower. 
We should be on the ship in another 5 or 6 hours. 😁

I think they are building more rooms.  With all the gear to remember, don’t forget your wife!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Enjoy your cruise.  Will you do a mini review after your cruise?

I don’t have a great track record when it comes to completing reviews that I start so I’m not making any commitments. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I don’t have a great track record when it comes to completing reviews that I start so I’m not making any commitments. 

You are not the only one.  Just give us feedback at the end of your cruise.  You'll be busy being room service waiter to your wife! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

You are not the only one.  Just give us feedback at the end of your cruise.  You'll be busy being room service waiter to your wife! 

I’m going to be fit by the end of the cruise from pushing DW in the wheelchair!

We’re on board, have our suitcases, and are seated in the Waterfront Restaurant waiting for lunch. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

We’re on board, have our suitcases, and are seated in the Waterfront Restaurant waiting for lunch. 

Sounds like you are sorted!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Enjoy your cruise!!!!