NCL cancels Epic sailings from 12.1.2023 to 4.9.2024 for "Fleet Redeployment"

mpk

4 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

I'm booked on the 4/7/24  Epic  TA.  I havent heard a thing. Could it be because  my final payment isnt due to 12/9?   And why is this TA still on the website?

If you read the thread and not just the headline you'll find out that this is abolut the cancellation of Epic's original schedule. European sailings were cancelled and Epic was relocated across the Atlantic. Your cruise is one of the "new" ones, brining Epic back to Europe.

1 hour ago, Asawi said:

If you read the thread and not just the headline you'll find out that this is abolut the cancellation of Epic's original schedule. European sailings were cancelled and Epic was relocated across the Atlantic. Your cruise is one of the "new" ones, brining Epic back to Europe.

I did read most of the thread and I was still confused. If its referring to a past schedule it must have been awhile ago so why is it an issue now?  The Epic TA on 4/7 has been on the website for awhile.  I guess I didnt read the date of the first page.   

1 minute ago, Smitheroo said:

I did read most of the thread and I was still confused. If its referring to a past schedule it must have been awhile ago so why is it an issue now?  The Epic TA on 4/7 has been on the website for awhile.  I guess I didnt read the date of the first page.   

It's not really an issue now except for the person that did get some airfare cost back recently. It's unfortunate that the topic got "woken up" and is causing confusion.

7 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Of course it's annoying.  I'm sure some cruiselines would make their pax whole if they cancelled a cruise.  But NCL probably doesn't think they need to do that.  I'd not book air these days unless I knew I could cancel and rebook without a penalty.  Every cent you invest in a trip that is not refundable needs to be insured, that's just the way it works these days.  I'm an early Chase Sapphire Reserve customer, there are so many good perks with that card, including travel insurance.  

In the Uk most flights especially the ones from the north are non refundable, I always have insurance but the insurance would not help because they said the cruise line was at fault and I agree with this. Hotels etc. I always book refundable rates thank goodness or I would of lost 4 nights in hotels as well.That chase card I don’t think is available over here unfortunately.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:14 AM, room with a view said:

Thanks, all my communication has been by email.. always polite not demanding. First reply requested I send copies of the flights booked ..which I did .

The flights from the cancelled Epic cruise and the more expensive Gem flights . I had hoped to claim the difference .  NCL came back with an offer of £50 ... £25 per person (65 US dollars in total) .

I replied and asked for this to be accelerated to a senior member of the team EU Guest Services <euguestservices@ncl.com>. The reply back was from the same  Guest Experience Coordindator.

Once again asking for the copies of the flights ...and stating that the £50 was a good will gesture !!.

Some experience !!!

Some goodwill! As I said my insurance said NCL should have made up for the out of pocket expense we all suffered due to them deciding to redeploy a ship. I even tried ABTA but they are very slow to respond, so I got something back for the first flights but the Lisbon flights which were expensive I have just given up on.

6 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

I'm booked on the 4/7/24  Epic  TA.  I havent heard a thing. Could it be because  my final payment isnt due to 12/9?   And why is this TA still on the website?

We are booked on 2-4-24 and I called NCL and they said it is all good have no idea where this info is coming from but it is a go. 

32 minutes ago, Makegrl1 said:

We are booked on 2-4-24 and I called NCL and they said it is all good have no idea where this info is coming from but it is a go. 

I explain it a couple of posts up. This topic started in May when Epic was pulled out of Europe and relocated to the other side of the Atlantic. The European sailing's were cancelled and replaced with I think mostly Caribbean ones. 

10 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

The TA was added after the changes you are good to go 

• 2 months later...