Transferring reservation

emmajo

I would presume because the PCC isn't responding now that the reservation is made, so the poster is trying to get it with someone who will actually help.

Just a guess, but it's at least the most likely possibility. That or the TA is a relative.

Be careful to make sure that your TA can provide the same benefits. For example, a very famous Big Box TA (rhymes with Bosco) is not able to provide the BOGO airfare. So if you booked with NCL and you chose the BOGO, you'll lose it if you transfer.

Edited by schmoopie17

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

but why pray tell would you want to do this?  i would just book through the agent, or leave the reservation as is with the cruise consultant

Because once we booked, all communication with our PCC ceased. Other Perks are available through other agents. 

3 hours ago, nemini said:

I would presume because the PCC isn't responding now that the reservation is made, so the poster is trying to get it with someone who will actually help.

Just a guess, but it's at least the most likely possibility. That or the TA is a relative.

You are correct ….except for the relative part lol!

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Be careful to make sure that your TA can provide the same benefits. For example, a very famous Big Box TA (rhymes with Bosco) is not able to provide the BOGO airfare. So if you booked with NCL and you chose the BOGO, you'll lose it if you transfer.

Yes, I can get the same benefits plus free gratuities…we didn’t book airfare through NCL.

well if the pcc doesnt feellike responding, just dial the ncl # and speak with whoever answers, im sure there are enough on ncl staff that would be more than willing to help you. we are fortunate to be able to book through CAS, and other than ridiculous wait times on the  phone, someone is always there to help.

i did have a pcc in the past, and if she didnt pick up when i called, i always got a call back within an hour. guess its just the luck of the draw. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2023 at 1:51 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Yes, within 30 days of making the reservation. There's a form you can search for that allows you to do this.

I've searched and searched for this form on the NCL site and nothing comes up. Can you help locate it? I booked directly with NCL yesterday but today a TA is offering free gratuities and a $300 Visa gift card for the same cruise. If I can't transfer, I may have to just cancel and book with the TA. Thanks...

21 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I've searched and searched for this form on the NCL site and nothing comes up. Can you help locate it? I booked directly with NCL yesterday but today a TA is offering free gratuities and a $300 Visa gift card for the same cruise. If I can't transfer, I may have to just cancel and book with the TA. Thanks...

On the NCL website search for transfer to a travel agent and you will find a page to download form for the transfer. The transfer Must be 14 days or less from original booking.

I should think the new TA will have forms or know what to do.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:23 AM, schmoopie17 said:

Sorry I gave you the wrong length of time. I didn't realize NCL had changed to 14 days. Glad you are able to work something out!

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 5:08 PM, schmoopie17 said:

I have booked and obtained the BOGO directly and then transferred to Big Box TA with no problem. They can't provide the initial BOGO booking but happily took my transfer.  BUT be warned this company ALSO doesn't allow any upgrade bidding so you will definitely lose that, for those who care.

Honestly, I have stopped bothering with the BOGO all together my last 3 cruises (such trivial bottom line cost savings in exchange for complete loss of airline/ flight selection) so no big loss there.

15 hours ago, pghflyer said:

I have booked and obtained the BOGO directly and then transferred to Big Box TA with no problem. They can't provide the initial BOGO booking but happily took my transfer.  BUT be warned this company ALSO doesn't allow any upgrade bidding so you will definitely lose that, for those who care.

Honestly, I have stopped bothering with the BOGO all together my last 3 cruises (such trivial bottom line cost savings in exchange for complete loss of airline/ flight selection) so no big loss there.

doesn't allow any upgrade bidding? Is it booking with any TA will lost this?

what's PCC? so the benefit for booking directly and then transfer to TA is I can pay directly with NCL first (my AMEX have $1000-$250 offer but mst book directly with NCL) and get some extra OBC?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, ecgz88 said:

doesn't allow any upgrade bidding? Is it booking with any TA will lost this?

what's PCC? so the benefit for booking directly and then transfer to TA is I can pay directly with NCL first (my AMEX have $1000-$250 offer but must book directly with NCL) and get some extra OBC?

Not all TAs participate in the upgrade program.

PCC = Personal Cruise Consultant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkhorizon said:

Do you earn latitude points if you book through TA?

Also, if am booking a sail away guarantee cabin, would I get a better cabin if I book with TA or NCL or it doesn't matter?

Latitudes points are award after the cruise and are your NCL account specific, so is not affected by booking method.

NCL assigns the "Guarantee room" which could change (might/might not) before sail date.

PCC is 

3 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Not all TAs participate in the upgrade program.

PCC = Personal Cruise Consultant

TAs = Travel Agents

PCC is usually referring to a NCL sales agent

The upgrade program is just a chance to bid on upgrades so not hugely important but if you have 2 offers the same and don't mind bidding on and receiving a random upgrade room, you might pick one who does participate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darkhorizon said:

The TA was able to tap directly into NCL's system to pull up our Latitudes accounts to verify my Veteran status (for the 10% discount and to verify our total Latitudes level and points). I actually made a "hold" reservation with the TA, which our PCC was able to view when he went in to cancel our original reservation. After making the reservation with the TA, the cruise showed up instantly on our future cruise page in our NCL account, just like our other two pending cruises.

So, to make a long story short (I know, too late for that...) you earn Latitudes points regardless of the source of the reservation.

8 hours ago, darkhorizon said:

Also, if am booking a sail away guarantee cabin, would I get a better cabin if I book with TA or NCL or it doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter